• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While Broly might have LS advantage, I'd give this to Gohan.

They should have comparable AP, with Gohan being stronger if we go by the statements made (Being the strongest in existence and so on), so I think this would be settled by fighting ability, control and time, Broly has shown amazing feats of raw power, stamina and growth, but hasn't shown any degree of control or strategic planning, Gohan on the other hand as shown that his Beast form doesn't seem to affect his sanity and control (he did seem more sadistic, but not Cell Saga sadistic) so he'll be capable of analysing Broly's power and plan accordingly, I'd even say, given his intellect and highly analytical mind, that Gohan could identify Broly's growth and find a way to end the fight quickly (since he knows many of the original Z-Fighters' techniques, he could even use a combo with Tayoken).
It wouldn't be easy, Broly's growth would let him give Gohan some trouble (possibly surpassing Gohan's power if we're talking about Super Hero Broly), but I think Gohan's smarts, experience and power should give him the edge.

While Broly might have LS advantage, I'd give this to Gohan.

They should have comparable AP, with Gohan being stronger if we go by the statements made (Being the strongest in existence and so on), so I think this would be settled by fighting ability, control and time, Broly has shown amazing feats of raw power, stamina and growth, but hasn't shown any degree of control or strategic planning, Gohan on the other hand as shown that his Beast form doesn't seem to affect his sanity and control (he did seem more sadistic, but not Cell Saga sadistic) so he'll be capable of analysing Broly's power and plan accordingly, I'd even say, given his intellect and highly analytical mind, that Gohan could identify Broly's growth and find a way to end the fight quickly (since he knows many of the original Z-Fighters' techniques, he could even use a combo with Tayoken).
It wouldn't be easy, Broly's growth would let him give Gohan some trouble (possibly surpassing Gohan's power if we're talking about Super Hero Broly), but I think Gohan's smarts, experience and power should give him the edge.
Considering that Gohan always plays with his food when he get a huge power up then i'll have to give this to Broly since it's out of character for Gohan to immediately one shot his foes

The DB statement about Cell Max's power states that a complete Cell Max would've been strong enough that not even Broly could defeat him. The fact that they specifically chose to make the statement about Broly and not like UI Goku or Super Full Power Jiren implies to me that they still believe Broly to be on top. Also, the "this character is the strongest in the series" statements should be taken with a grain of salt, since those kind of statements are constantly being made about new characters.

Considering that Gohan always plays with his food when he get a huge power up then i'll have to give this to Broly since it's out of character for Gohan to immediately one shot his foes
True, but in the anime Piccolo specifically pointed out Gohan's tendency to become arrogant and lower his guard, advising him to get rid of it, to which Gohan agreed, so I think he'll probably take Broly more seriously than when he fought Cell or Buu.

Then again, even if Gohan drags out the fight and Broly's catches up to him (which is quite likely given Gohan's past), I still think he could beat Broly through clever strategy and techniques, though I'd say it'd be extremely difficult (6/10).

I said this in the Gohan vs Beerus matchup too

Ascended Ultimate Gohan's best feat was putting down a WEAKENED Cell Max, someone who was barely overpowering Orange Piccolo, who is on par with Goku and Vegeta individually in their SSGSS forms. That's not an impressive feat. You can't scale Gohan to a full-power Cell Max since he never fought Cell Max at his best.

So basically, Gohan scales to 1 shotting someone on par with SSGSS Goku, who is unquantifiably stronger than his DB Super: Broly self, who is on par with Ikari Broly. The fact that Gohan's scaling chain starts with ****** Ikari Broly isn't really good for him
Broly can stack Legendary Super Saiyan on top of his Ikari state which, compared to regular Super Saiyan, allowed Broly to somewhat keep up with Super Saiyan Gogeta, to somewhat keeping up with SSGSS Gogeta, meaning Broly likely had a SSGSS level increase on top of his Ikari state, and he kept growing stronger on top of that

As for Gohan's "analytical mind", it's nothing Broly can't handle.
Broly was able to perfectly mimic and flat out surpass SSJG Goku's God Bind from just having it used on him once, and he could keep up with both Goku and Vegeta, who are far superior to Gohan when it comes to martial arts and skill

He also went from getting mollywhopped by Base Vegeta to outlasting and overwhelming SSJG Vegeta without even needing to transform in a matter of minutes
The difference between Base and Super Saiyan God is possibly millions if not trillions of times considering how Goku used it to get from lower middle 4B to dozens of times baseline 3A

It doesn't matter if Gohan has the AP advantage. Broly is going to overwhelm him almost immediately after the fight begins.

I'm voting Broly

I said this in the Gohan vs Beerus matchup too

Ascended Ultimate Gohan's best feat was putting down a WEAKENED Cell Max, someone who was barely overpowering Orange Piccolo, who is on par with Goku and Vegeta individually in their SSGSS forms. That's not an impressive feat. You can't scale Gohan to a full-power Cell Max since he never fought Cell Max at his best.

So basically, Gohan scales to 1 shotting someone on par with SSGSS Goku, who is unquantifiably stronger than his DB Super: Broly self, who is on par with Ikari Broly. The fact that Gohan's scaling chain starts with ****** Ikari Broly isn't really good for him
Broly can stack Legendary Super Saiyan on top of his Ikari state which, compared to regular Super Saiyan, allowed Broly to somewhat keep up with Super Saiyan Gogeta, to somewhat keeping up with SSGSS Gogeta, meaning Broly likely had a SSGSS level increase on top of his Ikari state, and he kept growing stronger on top of that

As for Gohan's "analytical mind", it's nothing Broly can't handle.
Broly was able to perfectly mimic and flat out surpass SSJG Goku's God Bind from just having it used on him once, and he could keep up with both Goku and Vegeta, who are far superior to Gohan when it comes to martial arts and skill

He also went from getting mollywhopped by Base Vegeta to outlasting and overwhelming SSJG Vegeta without even needing to transform in a matter of minutes
The difference between Base and Super Saiyan God is possibly millions if not trillions of times considering how Goku used it to get from lower middle 4B to dozens of times baseline 3A

It doesn't matter if Gohan has the AP advantage. Broly is going to overwhelm him almost immediately after the fight begins.

I'm voting Broly
I definitely think narratively it matters what they say in series but also the statements by the creator and anime staff also support the narrative and that’s why I pick Gohan by a lot same against Beerus who should be below Broly but Cell Max being stated relative if not massively above Broly via him being completed but not his mind control but for low ball let’s say relative then yeah if somehow Cell Max is weaker the Broly and the battle was stated the strongest in history and Gohan was stated to be the strongest via Toriyama and the anime staff then yeah Gohan does what he did to Cell max via statements by the creator and the staff and the scaling in the anime also should put Gohan far above Blue KKX20 Goku if not MUI at max

I definitely think narratively it matters what they say in series but also the statements by the creator and anime staff also support the narrative and that’s why I pick Gohan by a lot same against Beerus who should be below Broly but Cell Max being stated relative if not massively above Broly via him being completed but not his mind control but for low ball let’s say relative then yeah if somehow Cell Max is weaker the Broly and the battle was stated the strongest in history and Gohan was stated to be the strongest via Toriyama and the anime staff then yeah Gohan does what he did to Cell max via statements by the creator and the staff and the scaling in the anime also should put Gohan far above Blue KKX20 Goku if not MUI at max
Considering how the authors are the same people who created the God Scale, who said that SSJG Goku is a 7, Beerus is a 10, and Whis is a 15, despite Beerus literally being infinitely superior to Goku and Whis being infinitely superior to Beerus, I'm hard pressed to believe that the authors actually know what they are saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dragon Ball scaling is better analyzed when you look at feats rather than author statements, since those author statements get retconned like less than a year after they're made.

Besides, let's say that Gohan can 1 shot Cell Max, who's on par with Brolys. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that Gohan can 1 shot Beerus. What then? How will Gohan get past God Bind? Broly can literally just god bind him, wait like 5 seconds, then have the power advantage necessary to keep up and eventually overpower him. His reactive evolution is ******* insane.

Tbf these are the most recent author statements and we go by reasonable author statements until they're ofc retconned

and considering the numerous statements around Saigo Gohan, yeah its reasonable

Considering how the authors are the same people who created the God Scale, who said that SSJG Goku is a 7, Beerus is a 10, and Whis is a 15, despite Beerus literally being infinitely superior to Goku and Whis being infinitely superior to Beerus, I'm hard pressed to believe that the authors actually know what they are saying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Dragon Ball scaling is better analyzed when you look at feats rather than author statements, since those author statements get retconned like less than a year after they're made.

Besides, let's say that Gohan can 1 shot Cell Max, who's on par with Brolys. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say that Gohan can 1 shot Beerus. What then? How will Gohan get past God Bind? Broly can literally just god bind him, wait like 5 seconds, then have the power advantage necessary to keep up and eventually overpower him. His reactive evolution is ******* insane.
You mean the same scale before they thought about making it a series that just got retconned. As for the God bind he only did that because he was initially hit with it first and countered it there’s no proof he knows how to do it and even if he did the massive gap in power between him and beast Gohan it wouldn’t last long plus Gohan wouldn’t just stand there and get hit by it even though Broly has never demonstrated that he could use the ability unless countering it.

I mean, has Broly ever used God Bind strategically after his battle with Goku? Has he ever shown great strategic planning? Even in the movie he only used God Bind once and that was when he reversed it to Goku during a power surge, later in the fight he never even thought about using it, and that's because he wasn't thinking rationally during the battle, he overcame strategy and skill with sheer power, not with clever strategy. Even when he fought Super Saiyan Gogeta, a being of equal might to his, the only way he could get the upper hand was through another power surge that triggered the Super Saiyan (Full Power) transformation, and even that one was short lived as Gogeta went Super Saiyan Blue and utterly dominated Broly from this moment forward.

Broly is a prodigious fighter, and he clearly adapts to the flow of the fight so the same tactic will most likely not work on him twice, but he's not even close to being a strategic/tactical fighter like the Z-Fighters, and that's because he's not in control of power and of his emotions yet, the greater power he generates, the more feral he becomes, so assume that he'd use a strategy such as this one isn't really in character for him.

I mean, has Broly ever used God Bind strategically after his battle with Goku? Has he ever shown great strategic planning? Even in the movie he only used God Bind once and that was when he reversed it to Goku during a power surge, later in the fight he never even thought about using it, and that's because he wasn't thinking rationally during the battle, he overcame strategy and skill with sheer power, not with clever strategy. Even when he fought Super Saiyan Gogeta, a being of equal might to his, the only way he could get the upper hand was through another power surge that triggered the Super Saiyan (Full Power) transformation, and even that one was short lived as Gogeta went Super Saiyan Blue and utterly dominated Broly from this moment forward.

Broly is a prodigious fighter, and he clearly adapts to the flow of the fight so the same tactic will most likely not work on him twice, but he's not even close to being a strategic/tactical fighter like the Z-Fighters, and that's because he's not in control of power and of his emotions yet, the greater power he generates, the more feral he becomes, so assume that he'd use a strategy such as this one isn't really in character for him.

Broly isn't a mindless berserker. He received combat training for literally half a century from his father and can mimic ki based moves by just looking at them
I mean the fact that he can keep up with Goku, Vegeta, or Frieza at all is extraordinary on its own. Sure, you can argue that that was because he had enough raw power, but he was able to go toe to toe with all of them even when he didn't have the power advantage. Sure, Gohan outskills for obvious reasons, but Broly isn't helpless.

Besides, skill really isn't much of an issue here. Broly literally needs seconds to close ay gap that might be between them. I've already voiced my opinions about whether or not that gap exists at all, but even assuming it does, Broly would close it in an instant. Considering how Gohan has no idea what his level of reactive evolution is here, he won't have the ability to 1 shot him before he can do so.

Broly isn't a mindless berserker. He received combat training for literally half a century from his father and can mimic ki based moves by just looking at them
I mean the fact that he can keep up with Goku, Vegeta, or Frieza at all is extraordinary on its own. Sure, you can argue that that was because he had enough raw power, but he was able to go toe to toe with all of them even when he didn't have the power advantage. Sure, Gohan outskills for obvious reasons, but Broly isn't helpless.

Besides, skill really isn't much of an issue here. Broly literally needs seconds to close ay gap that might be between them. I've already voiced my opinions about whether or not that gap exists at all, but even assuming it does, Broly would close it in an instant. Considering how Gohan has no idea what his level of reactive evolution is here, he won't have the ability to 1 shot him before he can do so.
Well considering that Broly literally was a mindless berserker and that Frieza stated that Paragus was so weak that his training was practically useless pretty much makes your whole statement invalid. Not just that for Gohan to have statements like he’s the strongest warrior and for statements for the battle to be the strongest ever of you where to say that Cell Max is weaker then Broly then Gohan would be decently stronger then Gogeta Blue who Broly had no chance for and could not keep up with. An analogy for this is if the fight between Gohan and Cell Max is the the strongest ever then let’s say Cell Max is a 5 and let’s say Broly power wise is a 6 Gogeta is a 7 maybe 8 then for Gohan’s battle to be the strongest then he would have to be either a 9 or a 10 to make the battle considered the strongest either Gohan is as strong as Gogeta Blue if you think Cell Max is equal to Broly if you think Broly is stronger then he should be considerably higher then Blue Gogeta.

Well considering that Broly literally was a mindless berserker and that Frieza stated that Paragus was so weak that his training was practically useless pretty much makes your whole statement invalid. Not just that for Gohan to have statements like he’s the strongest warrior and for statements for the battle to be the strongest ever of you where to say that Cell Max is weaker then Broly then Gohan would be decently stronger then Gogeta Blue who Broly had no chance for and could not keep up with. An analogy for this is if the fight between Gohan and Cell Max is the the strongest ever then let’s say Cell Max is a 5 and let’s say Broly power wise is a 6 Gogeta is a 7 maybe 8 then for Gohan’s battle to be the strongest then he would have to be either a 9 or a 10 to make the battle considered the strongest either Gohan is as strong as Gogeta Blue if you think Cell Max is equal to Broly if you think Broly is stronger then he should be considerably higher then Blue Gogeta.
Paragus successfully made Broly a 3A just by training him against wild animals. I'd say that he knows what he's doing

Again, author statements in Dragon Ball should be taken with a grain of salt since they have consistently either been almost immediately retconned or proven wrong an arc later.

and ONCE AGAIN, Gohan fought a WEAKENED Cell Max. A CEll Max who was barely handling Orange Piccolo, who's vastly inferior to Broly.

If Broly's a 6 then a weakened Cell Max is like a 0.1. Orange Piccolo scales to Goku and Vegeta, who aren't much stronger than they were since the Broly movie, who could barely handle IKARI BROLY, much less LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN IKARI BROLY. Gohan would have to prove that he's literally TRILLIONS of times stronger than Ikari Broly since he needs to close the gap between Ikari Broly and Legendary Super Saiyan, which is a transformation on par with SUPER SAIYAN BLUE.

Paragus successfully made Broly a 3A just by training him against wild animals. I'd say that he knows what he's doing

Again, author statements in Dragon Ball should be taken with a grain of salt since they have consistently either been almost immediately retconned or proven wrong an arc later.

and ONCE AGAIN, Gohan fought a WEAKENED Cell Max. A CEll Max who was barely handling Orange Piccolo, who's vastly inferior to Broly.

If Broly's a 6 then a weakened Cell Max is like a 0.1. Orange Piccolo scales to Goku and Vegeta, who aren't much stronger than they were since the Broly movie, who could barely handle IKARI BROLY, much less LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN IKARI BROLY. Gohan would have to prove that he's literally TRILLIONS of times stronger than Ikari Broly since he needs to close the gap between Ikari Broly and Legendary Super Saiyan, which is a transformation on par with SUPER SAIYAN BLUE.
All of what you said means nothing one I already addressed why Broly’s fathers training wasn’t really training like Frieza already said but hey ignore that I show evidence from the movie about why your statement literally contradicts the movie. As for Gohan it doesn’t matter how low you idiotically low ball Cell Max because the more you low ball him the stronger he is compared to Gogeta Blue who destroyed Broly because of the statements of this being the strongest battle so nice try absolutely saying nothing of worth.

No one's questioning Paragus' skill, it's his power that made the training invalid, Broly never had to fight a being of similar might to his as he was already stronger than Paragus as a child (while under emotional stress he had a power of 10000 against Paragus' 4700), therefore he could neither control or bring out his power properly, he only kept up and overwhelmed Vegeta because he adapted during the battle and started evolving, the same happened against Goku.

Also, you're either severely underestimating Cell Max or overestimating Broly, Cell Max's AP classification matches Broly's FULL POWER SUPER SAIYAN'S (aka Legendary Super Saiyan) AP, therefore he simply CAN'T be slightly superior to Broly's Ikari form, that would mean that Broly's Ikari form got stronger than his Super Saiyan form and, therefore, is stronger than Super Saiyan Gogeta.

No one's questioning Paragus' skill, it's his power that made the training invalid, Broly never had to fight a being of similar might to his as he was already stronger than Paragus as a child (while under emotional stress he had a power of 10000 against Paragus' 4700), therefore he could neither control or bring out his power properly, he only kept up and overwhelmed Vegeta because he adapted during the battle and started evolving, the same happened against Goku.

Also, you're either severely underestimating Cell Max or overestimating Broly, Cell Max's AP classification matches Broly's FULL POWER SUPER SAIYAN'S (aka Legendary Super Saiyan) AP, therefore he simply CAN'T be slightly superior to Broly's Ikari form, that would mean that Broly's Ikari form got stronger than his Super Saiyan form and, therefore, is stronger than Super Saiyan Gogeta.
are all of you stupid?

I said this like 5 times

CELL MAX WHEN WEAKENED

WEAKENED

W
E
A
K
E
N
E
D

is not as strong as Broly

since he STRUGGLED AGAINST ORANGE PICCOLO

who's stated to be AS STRONG AS SSGSS GOKU AND VEGETA

Ascended Ultimate Gohan NEVER FOUGHT CELL MAX BEFORE HE WAS WEAKENED

Cell Max when weakened is AS STRONG AS IF NOT A BIT STRONGER THAN IKARI BROLY

I made it bold so you can't miss it

are all of you stupid?

I said this like 5 times

CELL MAX WHEN WEAKENED

WEAKENED

W
E
A
K
E
N
E
D

Agreed with everything except Cell Max's power when weakened. I think he's more around Super Saiyan Broly level or higher, since he was capable of easily overpowering both Orange Piccolo and Potential Unleashed Gohan, while Wrathful Broly was eventually dominated by SSB Goku. I'd say Orange Piccolo is much stronger than SSB Goku and Vegeta based on everything we saw in the movie, and assuming that the Gammas are indeed comparable to SSB Goku and Vegeta when the statement referencing their strength was made, it's Potential Unleashed Gohan and Piccolo who are comparable to SSB Goku and Vegeta.

are all of you stupid?

I said this like 5 times

CELL MAX WHEN WEAKENED

WEAKENED

W
E
A
K
E
N
E
D

First of all, stop with your tantrum. Not only does it make you seem like an imature child, but it also doesn't help your point at all.

Second of all, as far as I've seen, no one's questioning that you're talking about a weakened Cell Max, but there's no different key for Cell Max's weakened state (so we cannot extrapolate his power) and Gohan's statement that even with Goku and Vegeta they might've not beaten Cell Max should include fusion, since Piccolo knows about Gogeta's power level.

That being said, Broly's not a one-shot fodder for Gohan, he'll put up a good fight, but he simply can't compare in terms of actual skill and tactics since he loses control as his power increases during battle.

Edit: After reading CiscoTheSoto's reply, I'm more inclined to accept his reasoning that Cell Max's weakened power is comparable to, if not higher than, Super Saiyan Broly's power, but he's definitely beyond Ikari Broly's power.

Last edited:
First of all, stop with your tantrum. Not only does it make you seem like an imature child, but it also doesn't help your point at all.

Second of all, as far as I've seen, no one's questioning that you're talking about a weakened Cell Max, but there's no different key for Cell Max's weakened state (so we cannot extrapolate his power) and Gohan's statement that even with Goku and Vegeta they might've not beaten Cell Max should include fusion, since Piccolo knows about Gogeta's power level.

That being said, Broly's not a one-shot fodder for Gohan, he'll put up a good fight, but he simply can't compare in terms of actual skill and tactics since he loses control as his power increases during battle.

Edit: After reading CiscoTheSoto's reply, I'm more inclined to accept his reasoning that Cell Max's weakened power is comparable to, if not higher than, Super Saiyan Broly's power, but he's definitely beyond Ikari Broly's power.
I only threw a "tantrum" because I need to constantly repeat information.

You bring up a good point about fusion, but Piccolo can't feel god ki, so he doesn't know how strong God Gogeta is.

The issue with that is Broly's reactive power level allows him to get exponentially stronger in the span of a couple of seconds, as shown in his fight against Vegeta, who he forced into Super Saiyan God, then matching and vastly surpassing his Super Saiyan God form with Ikari, which is equivalent to Great Ape, which is merely a 10 times difference. He pretty much covered the difference between base and God in like 2 minutes. Considering how Gohan doesn't have a super vast advantage against Broly, I see no reason why Broly wouldn't just adapt and surpass Gohan when the fight begins.

I only threw a "tantrum" because I need to constantly repeat information.

You bring up a good point about fusion, but Piccolo can't feel god ki, so he doesn't know how strong God Gogeta is.

The issue with that is Broly's reactive power level allows him to get exponentially stronger in the span of a couple of seconds, as shown in his fight against Vegeta, who he forced into Super Saiyan God, then matching and vastly surpassing his Super Saiyan God form with Ikari, which is equivalent to Great Ape, which is merely a 10 times difference. He pretty much covered the difference between base and God in like 2 minutes. Considering how Gohan doesn't have a super vast advantage against Broly, I see no reason why Broly wouldn't just adapt and surpass Gohan when the fight begins.
True, Piccolo doesn't know about Gogeta Blue's true power since he can't, as far as we can tell, sense God Ki. However, he was capable of sensing Broly's Full Power since it's not God Ki, and thus should know at least how strong Gogeta would have to be in order to win (at least equal to Broly).

In regards to Broly's reactive power, it is extremely broken, but it does have limits, it couldn't bridge the gap between Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta and Broly's power, even if it allowed him to fight back and withstand Gogeta beating him around without major or life threatening damage. And since we don't have a Super Hero Key for Broly, his power ceiling should be just about the same as the one showed in his movie, so I'm still not sure as to whether he'll be capable of surpassing Gohan's power to the extent which makes it impossible for Gohan to beat him with skill and strategy, at best, I'd say they'll become equals in power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back