• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

( 0 - 0 - 10) - Ainz Ooal Gown vs Rohan Kishibe REMATCH

Status
Not open for further replies.
do i need to restate, in the completely unknown situation he was in when he encountered some knights for the first time of which he knew literally nothing about, the first thing he did was use Grasp Heart?

Ainz doesn't really have a lot of fights that are similar to SBA here. 99% of the time he either has prep, or already has information about how strong the opponent is and knows that they can't hurt him. The only time when he jumped into an unknown situation, that I remember of, was when he fought those knights attacking Enri, and he did start with a death spell.

Like, read the Bonus Volume when he's facing that Lich that he thinks is an Overlord. Dude is ridiculously paranoid.

You yourself said he assumed them to be lv200.

because he didn't know anything about them, and just went with a massive highball to be on the safe side

kinda like here, where he only knows one ability and nothing else...

iirc it has also been stated by the author that it's very in character for Ainz to start with either death or time magic.

about rohan defending against offensive spells... I don't think he could turn Fireballs, bolts of lightning or dimensional slashes into books

and isn't making Ainz unable to think Mind Manipulation which Ainz resists ?

Yes but then why specify new world, that would imply his judgement was based on his opponents being in an unknown land, not the enemies themselves.

Not foregoing the fact that assuming what seems to be a completely random civilian to be a threat enough to warrant him instagibing is slightly dubious, with prior knowledge I'll give you that, he would. Which is all the thread really needs to know, everthing else is just conjucture. But hypothetically speaking, in a situation in which all he has to judge his opponent off is looks, instantly going for a instakill on what looks to be a weakling (technically even is) I have slight doubts on statistically speaking given his other encounters, at the very least he may muse over instakilling right away but that isnt a instant lead.

Considering three of his level 100 guardians are little children, I don't think he has any reason to underestimate someone based on looks.

Eh, fair enough. (Although cant he see HP bars and the like?).

there are spells and such to resist that, so going by that alone is not smart, as Ainz even scolds Shalltear for doing so in their fight iirc

also, as i said above, and also Infinite pointed out, looks aren't really something he bases threats on

this is place where Maid uniforms could be better then most armor, as well as the fact that humans were the biggest threat to Ainz in YGGDRASIL, as human players hunted non-humans regularly

last time I checked he doesn't have resistance to transmutation on his profile. Make a CRT if you wish

It can, depends on the mechanics of how the petrification is done.

idk if generic medusa gaze is comparable to what and how Rohan does his though nor if it qualifies. Seems way to different in both function and mechanics.

Chariot190 said:
It can, depends on the mechanics of how the petrification is done.
idk if generic medusa gaze is comparable to what and how Rohan does his though nor if it qualifies. Seems way to different in both function and mechanics.
^

i don't recall resistance to transmutation being given to anyone who resists a Medusa-style petrification

idk, case by case. It could qualify, it could not. It's a possibility though.

It's a type of transmutation, just like turning people into books. Resisting one might not mean you can resist the other, but it's still resistance to transmutation.

Apeironaxim said:
but that's why Ainz specifically has resistance to petrification on his profile
Basically this I guess. He resists a subset, kinda like DBZ with it's empath resistance but not straight up mindhax.

I think this is similar to something like mindhax and fearhax. fearhax is basically mindhax but resisting it doesn't give resistance to other types of mindhax

It is transmutation but it does feel weird compared to stuff like 'I think and you're now a tea cup'

I looked at his abilites he has an abiltiy called Complete Invisibility. Heavens door (Rohans Stand) has a C in precision, ik stats don't mean near shit, since they don't make sense sometimes, but C is around human level, so Rohan couldn't even see Ainz. Even if he does get turned into a book, i think he can still use magic, since rohan needs to write it first, so Ainz could still attack Rohan, even in book for, but then there's been cases, where they loose conciuness, (e.g Reimi and hayato) but then Koichi and Okuyasu was awake. Since Ainz is undead i doub the cocinuess would work on him. Ainz could still stop time, before rohan even writes, and do true death. tHE ONLY THING ainz lacks is infomation, ut he has a magic detect ability, (if i recall) so he could detect rohan's abilties, then boom, time stop true death combo!

That's a necro. Plus, Ainz doesn't lead with invisibility, ever. Even if he did, Rohan would still Book him, and has Booked invisible objects (such as the baby) before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back