• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Both are low 7-B and speed is equal

Zoro:
Birthday girl:
Icon:
EhPYPUrXgAEG3Lc.jpg
d2aba9478da123336881a262f9bb2a4e10c83426.pnj

What's their AP?

I'm guessing 1.978991396 Megatons for Zoro and 1 Megaton for Ruby.

I guess I would have to give it to Zoro because I think he can basically outmatch anything Ruby can throw at him through sheer skill. His senses are just too sharp to let anything past him and since Ruby would likely try to hit him with projectiles first, he'd just slice her bullets clean with his sword. He vastly outskills her and would probably find out how her Aura, Semblance, and Dust work almost immediately. There's not much she can do to him, I think. Voting Zoro.

Last edited:
What's their AP?

I'm guessing 1.978991396 Megatons for Zoro and 1 Megaton for Ruby.

I guess I would have to give it to Zoro because I think he can basically outmatch anything Ruby can throw at him through sheer skill. His senses are just too sharp to let anything past him and since Ruby would likely try to hit him with projectiles first, he'd just slice her bullets clean with his sword. He vastly outskills her and would probably find out how her Aura, Semblance, and Dust work almost immediately. There's not much she can do to him, I think. Voting Zoro.
Youre making a massive amount of assumptions here my guy. Ruby is absurdly skilled in her own right, and slicing her bullets gets him electrocuted/frozen/set on fire. And how would he figure any of those things out?

Youre making a massive amount of assumptions here my guy. Ruby is absurdly skilled in her own right, and slicing her bullets gets him electrocuted/frozen/set on fire. And how would he figure any of those things out?
Ruby is very skilled, it's true. But from Zoro's profile, it looks like he's that, but to an absurd degree, capable of deducing "how certain abilities work, finding his opponents strengths and weakness, and could analyze a sword to tell it was cursed without prior knowledge", "sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him" and "can consistently react to attacks not in his line of sight". Electric Dust and might work for Ruby though. Fire Dust wouldn't due to his fire and heat resistance.

Ruby is very skilled, it's true. But from Zoro's profile, it looks like he's that, but to an absurd degree, capable of deducing "how certain abilities work, finding his opponents strengths and weakness, and could analyze a sword to tell it was cursed without prior knowledge", "sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him" and "can consistently react to attacks not in his line of sight".
Ruby even in previous keys is more skilled than people who can copy entire fighting styles just by observing them for a few seconds, people who spent a decade-long combat career without any opponent ever landing a single blow on them, etc. I can repost Ruby's skill chain if you'd like but the stuff you listed isnt really all that impressive, hell Ruby has done some of the same stuff such as identifying the mechanics of an opponent's weapon with no prior knowledge of it and immediately knowing how to beat them just from knowing how to exploit the weaknesses of it.

As for 'how certain abilities work', Ruby's abilities are projections of her soul, its not exactly something Zoro can figure out just from looking at her, and reacting to attacks he cant see is kinda countered by Ruby in this key consistently keeping up with people who can catch opponents that can fight while completely blind using their Aura to see around them as well as fighting a person with passive instinctive reactions that allow them to react to stuff they cant see due to their blindness.

Also Ruby can blitz him with her semblance
Electric Dust and might work for Ruby though. Fire Dust wouldn't due to his fire and heat resistance.
Fire dust can burn people who can swim through lava and withstand the heat of lightning

Nora got hit by real natural lightning and survived thanks to her Aura and semblance unlocking, and it's shown in the series that her semblance has a limit by her absorbing too much electricity that she gets realistic scars from electricity

She got hit by real lightning before the series started as that's how her semblance unlocked as she said and that the start of the series she didn't have scars

Also zoro would just assume her semblance is a devil fruit instead of what it actually is

As for 'how certain abilities work', Ruby's abilities are projections of her soul, its not exactly something Zoro can figure out just from looking at her, and reacting to attacks he cant see is kinda countered by Ruby in this key consistently keeping up with people who can catch opponents that can fight while completely blind using their Aura to see around them as well as fighting a person with passive instinctive reactions that allow them to react to stuff they cant see due to their blindness.

Also Ruby can blitz him with her semblance

Fire dust can burn people who can swim through lava and withstand the heat of lightning
This is precious.

No, Ruby isn't more skilled than Roronoa Zoro, what is this silly stuff? Let's go over this bit by bit.

Ruby even in previous keys is more skilled than people who can copy entire fighting styles just by observing them for a few seconds.

That is not a scalable skill feat. Ruby is not more proficient at copying fighting styles than her opponent was by any means. She was simply better than the fighting style and/or skills displayed by the opponent at the time, she doesn't scale to that whatsoever. (Also, the "how she did it" would be very important).

Just because I am capable of emulating every martial arts on Earth, you would just need to be more skilled than the one I am currently using, or bits and parts of others I implement mid combat (something I doubt Ruby's opponent every did judging how the fight scenes go at that media).

Overall, a very mid feat that you are overhyping to the skies and beyond.

people who spent a decade-long combat career without any opponent ever landing a single blow on them, etc.

Again, how exactly is that impressive? It depends highly on context. Are the people particularly faster than most of their opponents? If so, then this is no skill feat.

If not, it's still not comparable to Zoro's skill at all. Zoro is able to keep up with people significantly faster than him and adapt at significant speed, figuring out ways to defeat them after a few altercations - also has a speedblitzing technique he uses as an ultimatum.

We need context on that still. But based on what you consider to be impressive, Zoro dogwalks on Ruby 24/7.

I can repost Ruby's skill chain if you'd like but the stuff you listed isnt really all that impressive

Skill chains are the most bogus concept of all fiction. You can say a character is over a hundred times over in skill than another impressive character. But when they're on combat - if that level of skill isn't met, then the skill chain becomes worthless.

Also, people tend to scale nonsensical skill feats based on different altercations. Just like you tried to do with the whole "Ruby scales in skill to a person who copies fighting styles", which is absolutely not correct.

hell Ruby has done some of the same stuff such as identifying the mechanics of an opponent's weapon with no prior knowledge of it and immediately knowing how to beat them just from knowing how to exploit the weaknesses of it.

This is not combat applicable for a battle against Roronoa Zoro, and applies only to a technical level based on her knowledge on weapons in general. It will not work with One Piece's bullshit air slashes and sciency magic and I'm not sure why you thought it would.

Also, this is supposed to be a retort to Zoro's ability to find weakness and exploits in fighting styles, enemies and their general ability. It is not. A technical knowledge of weaponry to exploit it's weakness is not nearly as useful as the natural skill to find gaps in skill in your opponents latent powers. Zoro takes this one home, I'm afraid.

Silly stuff, very silly stuff.

This is precious.

No, Ruby isn't more skilled than Roronoa Zoro, what is this silly stuff? Let's go over this bit by bit.
The snarky and dismissive attitude isnt necessary my guy. You might think its 'silly' because its a meme to dunk on RWBY but the verse is extremely skilled.
That is not a scalable skill feat. Ruby is not more proficient at copying fighting styles than her opponent was by any means. She was simply better than the fighting style and/or skills displayed by the opponent at the time, she doesn't scale to that whatsoever. (Also, the "how she did it" would be very important).

Just because I am capable of emulating every martial arts on Earth, you would just need to be more skilled than the one I am currently using, or bits and parts of others I implement mid combat (something I doubt Ruby's opponent every did judging how the fight scenes go at that media).

Overall, a very mid feat that you are overhyping to the skies and beyond.
Aight, for context, the person in question is Velvet Scarlatina, who has the ability to copy any fighting style by observing it for a few seconds (Literally she is just Taskmaster), and she couples this with her weapon which can make replicas of any weapon she takes a picture of, allowing her to use any fighting style or any combination of fighting styles she has copied at any given time, with her currently having at least several dozen known copied fighting styles in her arsenal, some of which come from people with decades of combat experience.

In one of her fights she was matched 1v1 against Nebula Violette, and over the course of said fight, Velvet's team who had worked alongside her for years and knew full well what her capabilities in combat were, acknowledged that Nebula was a more skilled fighter than Velvet, despite it being made explicitly clear that Velvet was mixing numerous fighting styles simultaneously to try to throw Nebula off. During the Vytal Festival, a combat tournament were all of the most skilled fighters from the best combat schools in the world gathered to compete against each other, every participant had their combat statistics and history thoroughly analyzed by the tournament's research team, up to and including them using the information gathered from each participant to make simulated fights in order to try to predict who would be the most likely to win the tournament as well as ranking students based on their combat specs. Nebula and Velvet took part in this tournament and were ranked near the middle of the list, with Ruby being ranked above her (Note that Ruby at that point in the series wasnt able to properly utilize her speed-amping semblance and thus was analyzed solely on her martial combat skill).

I'll continue this response in the next section because it sorta blends together.
Again, how exactly is that impressive? It depends highly on context. Are the people particularly faster than most of their opponents? If so, then this is no skill feat.
No, they are not. The person in question is Pyrrha Nikos, who has spent her decade-long combat career fighting hundreds of people in numerous combat tournaments who all had unique weapons, fighting styles, and abilities, and all of whom were trained by the top combat schools on the planet, and none of them ever landed a single blow on her in combat. She is also a master of her semblance, the ability to manipulate magnetism, being able to subtly apply it in combat completely undetected and doing so with such skill and precision that she has lead many to believe she is untouchable and invincible. She is skilled to the point that as training she regularly took on entire teams of people on her level physically and beat them casually without ever getting hit and without utilizing her semblance. She was also listed at the top of the aforementioned Vytal Festival leaderboard (Of note, the analysts listed her here solely based on martial skill as well as no one knew her semblance at the time and thus couldnt factor it into her ranking).

Then theres Mercury. Mercury is a veritable master of close combat, having spent his entire life training in pure martial combat to make up for his Semblance being stolen by his father. His experience and skill are aggressive and effective enough to drive Pyrrha into a defensive position as well as being analytical to the point of being able to notice and deduce the capabilities and limits of Pyrrha's Polarity Semblance after she used it once during their fight, despite Pyrrha using it extremely subtly in combat to redirect one of his kicks and having spent her entire life honing her ability to hide her Semblance and its mechanics from her opponents and the general public, with Word of God confirming that Mercury would defeat her if he fought her seriously. He also casually skill stomped Ruby in the early series, with Ruby eventually coming to match him in skill in her third key (Post-Haven Timeskip).

Then there's the Ace Ops. For reference, The Ace Ops come from Atlas Academy, which has a vetting process that is canonically significantly more strict than any other combat school on the planet due to it being a military school on top of a Huntsman academy, so they only accept the best of the best fighters to train there. All of the members of the Ace Ops graduated top of their class from Atlas Academy and are noted as being the most skilled fighters in entire the kingdom of Atlas, they are quite literally the best of the best of the best, to the point that in their initial encounter they casually outskilled Post-Haven Team RWBY, and Team RWBY needed several months of non-stop training under Atlas' regiment in order to reach their level physically. Ruby not only outmatched Harriet Bree in a one on one fight, but scales to the rest of her team in skill who also outmatched members of the Ace ops, Elm in particular being canonically the most skilled person out of all the ace ops and Yang outmatched her in combat, as well as Team RWBY being outright acknowledged as being better than the Ace Ops after the Atlas Arc timeskip.
Zoro is able to keep up with people significantly faster than him and adapt at significant speed, figuring out ways to defeat them after a few altercations - also has a speedblitzing technique he uses as an ultimatum.
Not according to his profile he isnt, and that would be a self-contradictory statement as it implies that he is faster than himself. And his speed amp being an ultimatum kinda ***** him over as Ruby's speed amp lets her blitz people who can blitz her normally, to the point of being invisible to them, and she spams it in-character.
Skill chains are the most bogus concept of all fiction. You can say a character is over a hundred times over in skill than another impressive character. But when they're on combat - if that level of skill isn't met, then the skill chain becomes worthless.
Good thing said level of skill is met constantly in Ruby's case, to the point of being flat out stated numerous times in the show and other media.
Also, people tend to scale nonsensical skill feats based on different altercations. Just like you tried to do with the whole "Ruby scales in skill to a person who copies fighting styles", which is absolutely not correct.
It is absolutely correct though, its been accepted as correct here for over a year now.
This is not combat applicable for a battle against Roronoa Zoro, and applies only to a technical level based on her knowledge on weapons in general. It will not work with One Piece's bullshit air slashes and sciency magic and I'm not sure why you thought it would.
My guy, air slashes and sciency magic is super commonplace in RWBY, it absolutely would work on Zoro's stuff.
Also, this is supposed to be a retort to Zoro's ability to find weakness and exploits in fighting styles, enemies and their general ability. It is not. A technical knowledge of weaponry to exploit it's weakness is not nearly as useful as the natural skill to find gaps in skill in your opponents latent powers. Zoro takes this one home, I'm afraid.
How exactly is he supposed to find gaps in Ruby's powers when she doesnt have anything exploitable to begin with? Her aura and semblance are nothing like the devil fruits he is used to. That is borderline NLF to just assume he would immediately understand abilities that have no likeness to anything he has encountered up until this point in his series.
Silly stuff, very silly stuff.
Not silly at all. Ruby is bare minimum equally as skilled as this version of Zoro, if not significantly moreso. Do note that this is explicitly only Skypeia Zoro, not current Zoro.

The snarky and dismissive attitude isnt necessary my guy. You might think its 'silly' because its a meme to dunk on RWBY but the verse is extremely skilled.
Spare me of your cries, please. All I did was consider your assessment as silly, no need to throw a hissy fit over it. Just address the counters like a proper debater.
Aight, for context, the person in question is Velvet Scarlatina, who has the ability to copy any fighting style by observing it for a few seconds (Literally she is just Taskmaster), and she couples this with her weapon which can make replicas of any weapon she takes a picture of, allowing her to use any fighting style or any combination of fighting styles she has copied at any given time, with her currently having at least several dozen known copied fighting styles in her arsenal, some of which come from people with decades of combat experience.

In one of her fights she was matched 1v1 against Nebula Violette, and over the course of said fight, Velvet's team who had worked alongside her for years and knew full well what her capabilities in combat were, acknowledged that Nebula was a more skilled fighter than Velvet, despite it being made explicitly clear that Velvet was mixing numerous fighting styles simultaneously to try to throw Nebula off. During the Vytal Festival, a combat tournament were all of the most skilled fighters from the best combat schools in the world gathered to compete against each other, every participant had their combat statistics and history thoroughly analyzed by the tournament's research team, up to and including them using the information gathered from each participant to make simulated fights in order to try to predict who would be the most likely to win the tournament as well as ranking students based on their combat specs. Nebula and Velvet took part in this tournament and were ranked near the middle of the list, with Ruby being ranked above her (Note that Ruby at that point in the series wasnt able to properly utilize her speed-amping semblance and thus was analyzed solely on her martial combat skill).

I'll continue this response in the next section because it sorta blends together.
Uhh, I'm not sure I'm following. I guess I shouldn't reply to this piece of context alone.

But I've absorbed the following informations:

Velvet can copy fighting styles, and copy weapons, and mix them while fighting.
Gotcha.
No, they are not. The person in question is Pyrrha Nikos, who has spent her decade-long combat career fighting hundreds of people in numerous combat tournaments who all had unique weapons, fighting styles, and abilities, and all of whom were trained by the top combat schools on the planet, and none of them ever landed a single blow on her in combat. She is also a master of her semblance, the ability to manipulate magnetism, being able to subtly apply it in combat completely undetected and doing so with such skill and precision that she has lead many to believe she is untouchable and invincible. She is skilled to the point that as training she regularly took on entire teams of people on her level physically and beat them casually without ever getting hit and without utilizing her semblance. She was also listed at the top of the aforementioned Vytal Festival leaderboard (Of note, the analysts listed her here solely based on martial skill as well as no one knew her semblance at the time and thus couldnt factor it into her ranking).
Ah yes, so it's people on her level in stats, and she, with and without her ability, can fight them without getting touched once. That is impressive, and a very clear indication of skill stomping at it's finest.

I concede on this, but I must insist that you don't paint it as some outwardly insane skill feat when comparing it to considerably skilled characters. It's still very much impressive.
Then theres Mercury. Mercury is a veritable master of close combat, having spent his entire life training in pure martial combat to make up for his Semblance being stolen by his father. His experience and skill are aggressive and effective enough to drive Pyrrha into a defensive position as well as being analytical to the point of being able to notice and deduce the capabilities and limits of Pyrrha's Polarity Semblance after she used it once during their fight, despite Pyrrha using it extremely subtly in combat to redirect one of his kicks and having spent her entire life honing her ability to hide her Semblance and its mechanics from her opponents and the general public, with Word of God confirming that Mercury would defeat her if he fought her seriously. He also casually skill stomped Ruby in the early series, with Ruby eventually coming to match him in skill in her third key (Post-Haven Timeskip).
I'm following. But, just to point that out - Ruby wouldn't scale to Mercury's cunning ability to analyze one's abilities just because she matched him. I know you didn't suggest that, I'm just avoiding this argument altogether.
Then there's the Ace Ops. For reference, The Ace Ops come from Atlas Academy, which has a vetting process that is canonically significantly more strict than any other combat school on the planet due to it being a military school on top of a Huntsman academy, so they only accept the best of the best fighters to train there. All of the members of the Ace Ops graduated top of their class from Atlas Academy and are noted as being the most skilled fighters in entire the kingdom of Atlas, they are quite literally the best of the best of the best, to the point that in their initial encounter they casually outskilled Post-Haven Team RWBY, and Team RWBY needed several months of non-stop training under Atlas' regiment in order to reach their level physically.
That last portion seems like a case for stat stomp, no need to include it in a debate on skill.
Ruby not only outmatched Harriet Bree in a one on one fight, but scales to the rest of her team in skill who also outmatched members of the Ace ops, Elm in particular being canonically the most skilled person out of all the ace ops and Yang outmatched her in combat, as well as Team RWBY being outright acknowledged as being better than the Ace Ops after the Atlas Arc timeskip.

Not according to his profile he isnt, and that would be a self-contradictory statement as it implies that he is faster than himself. And his speed amp being an ultimatum kinda ***** him over as Ruby's speed amp lets her blitz people who can blitz her normally, to the point of being invisible to them, and she spams it in-character.
Good thing said level of skill is met constantly in Ruby's case, to the point of being flat out stated numerous times in the show and other media.
Statements are not a criteria to met an alleged level of skill. They fight, and they're portrayed at said level. Otherwise it's not really worth anything.
It is absolutely correct though, its been accepted as correct here for over a year now.
Not in the way you said, it's not.
Ruby outskilled the person in combat, but she wouldn't scale to their skill of copying other fighting styles.
I should also point out that copying fighting styles doesn't quantify a level of skill in said fighting style, so the feat is just not good at all.
My guy, air slashes and sciency magic is super commonplace in RWBY, it absolutely would work on Zoro's stuff.
Have you ever heard of the 'false equivalency' fallacy? It's pretty much what's going on here. You said Ruby could analyze one's weapon and figure out its weakness to counterattack.

Zoro's slashes only weakness is that they get weaker the longer they go, other than that, canonically, he has no weakness to be exploited.
How exactly is he supposed to find gaps in Ruby's powers when she doesnt have anything exploitable to begin with? Her aura and semblance are nothing like the devil fruits he is used to. That is borderline NLF to just assume he would immediately understand abilities that have no likeness to anything he has encountered up until this point in his series.
It's humorous you say that immediately after claiming Ruby would find Zoro's power's weaknesses because RWBY has "bullshit sciency magic like One Piece". Suddenly similarities aren't enough.

It's not NLF at all, please, in no moment I used the word "Immediately". Devil Fruits are just supernatural abilities, nothing else. If Zoro could find out the Flame Fruit's powers weaknesses, he could do the same to a basic fire manipulation user too, since it's quite literally almost the same power.

Zoro has experience dealing with aura. I don't know what Ruby's semblance is, so I can't tell if Zoro will or will not figure things out.
Not silly at all. Ruby is bare minimum equally as skilled as this version of Zoro, if not significantly moreso. Do note that this is explicitly only Skypeia Zoro, not current Zoro.
Skypeia Zoro is that skilled, yes. He scales to some Water 7 skill feats as well since he didn't get more skilled in between arcs for no reason.

Skypeia Zoro isn't skilled has his post time skip self, shocker I know
First, I'm preeetty sure you're not knowledgeable on One Piece at all, so how about not commenting outside your field, buddy?

Second, obviously, no one even attempted to say that. Current Zoro eats Ruby for breakfast.

Then there's the Ace Ops. For reference, The Ace Ops come from Atlas Academy, which has a vetting process that is canonically significantly more strict than any other combat school on the planet due to it being a military school on top of a Huntsman academy, so they only accept the best of the best fighters to train there. All of the members of the Ace Ops graduated top of their class from Atlas Academy and are noted as being the most skilled fighters in entire the kingdom of Atlas, they are quite literally the best of the best of the best, to the point that in their initial encounter they casually outskilled Post-Haven Team RWBY, and Team RWBY needed several months of non-stop training under Atlas' regiment in order to reach their level physically. Ruby not only outmatched Harriet Bree in a one on one fight, but scales to the rest of her team in skill who also outmatched members of the Ace ops, Elm in particular being canonically the most skilled person out of all the ace ops and Yang outmatched her in combat, as well as Team RWBY being outright acknowledged as being better than the Ace Ops after the Atlas Arc timeskip.

Not according to his profile he isnt, and that would be a self-contradictory statement as it implies that he is faster than himself.
He reacted with sheer skill, and he is comparable to an earlier Luffy who immediately adapted to someone FTE to him. It's literally on their profiles. E.B Luffy was still getting blitzed by the guy, but reacted via sheer skill.
And his speed amp being an ultimatum kinda ***** him over as Ruby's speed amp lets her blitz people who can blitz her normally, to the point of being invisible to them, and she spams it in-character.
Zoro's Shishi Sonson blitzes people who can blitz him as well. It's not an amp, it's a one-shot attack he uses when in a pinch. It can one shot people on his level.

He was able to predict where rocks would fall and "felt their breath" ( basically he has Observation Haki ).

Ngl, even though I disagree with WeeklyBattles on a lot of the skill stuff, especially in certain regards.

I have to say it is funny to watch them basically Chad walk over to someone and explain to them in proper debate terms why exactly Ruby Rose shit stomps their favorite character.

Uhh, I'm not sure I'm following. I guess I shouldn't reply to this piece of context alone.

But I've absorbed the following informations:

Velvet can copy fighting styles, and copy weapons, and mix them while fighting.

Gotcha.
Thats the gist of it yeah, and then theres people who are directly acknowledged as being more skilled in CQC than she is, Ruby included.
Ah yes, so it's people on her level in stats, and she, with and without her ability, can fight them without getting touched once. That is impressive, and a very clear indication of skill stomping at it's finest.

I concede on this, but I must insist that you don't paint it as some outwardly insane skill feat when comparing it to considerably skilled characters. It's still very much impressive.
In regards to Skypeia Arc Zoro is should be perfectly fair to use, though youd be correct if it was comparing Ruby to current Zoro
That last portion seems like a case for stat stomp, no need to include it in a debate on skill.
It was a mix of strength and skill, the Ace Ops and Atlas Academy personally trained Team RWBY up to the level of the Ace Ops skill-wise and then Team RWBY took it a step further and ended up surpassing them in skill.
Statements are not a criteria to met an alleged level of skill. They fight, and they're portrayed at said level. Otherwise it's not really worth anything.
Ye, said statements were made during or after their fights, specifically stuff like Velvet's team stating that Nebula was more skilled than Velvet as they were watching the fight or the Ace Ops acknowledging that Team RWBY were more skilled than them both during and after their fight
Not in the way you said, it's not.
Ruby outskilled the person in combat, but she wouldn't scale to their skill of copying other fighting styles.
I should also point out that copying fighting styles doesn't quantify a level of skill in said fighting style, so the feat is just not good at all.
Velvet's skill comes less from her style copying and more from her ability to utilize and meld all of her fighting styles into one to create wholly unique styles at the drop of a hat, even without the use of her weapon.
Have you ever heard of the 'false equivalency' fallacy? It's pretty much what's going on here. You said Ruby could analyze one's weapon and figure out its weakness to counterattack.

Zoro's slashes only weakness is that they get weaker the longer they go, other than that, canonically, he has no weakness to be exploited.
Hmm? Im not sure what you mean by false equivalency, you brought up Zoro having 'air slashes and sciency magic', all i did was confirm that RWBY has that as well and that its something Ruby has faced before.
It's humorous you say that immediately after claiming Ruby would find Zoro's power's weaknesses because RWBY has "bullshit sciency magic like One Piece". Suddenly similarities aren't enough.

It's not NLF at all, please, in no moment I used the word "Immediately". Devil Fruits are just supernatural abilities, nothing else. If Zoro could find out the Flame Fruit's powers weaknesses, he could do the same to a basic fire manipulation user too, since it's quite literally almost the same power.

Zoro has experience dealing with aura. I don't know what Ruby's semblance is, so I can't tell if Zoro will or will not figure things out.
My apologies, it appears i should have been a bit more specific, Aura in RWBY isnt aura like other verses. Aura in RWBY is the manifestation of one's soul as a passive, full-body defensive barrier strong enough to protect the user from attacks several times above her physical durability while also acting as fuel for the user's Semblance, which is the projection of their soul. Ruby's semblance is Petal Burst, which allows her to break herself down into a cloud of molecules to become intangible while increasing her speed exponentially, as well as granting her the ability to fly, split herself up into multiple clouds of molecules to avoid obstacles and catch opponents in blind spots, and create tornadoes and vacuums.

RWBY Aura is closer to stuff like Haki except its passive and protects Ruby's entire body as well as her weapon.
He reacted with sheer skill, and he is comparable to an earlier Luffy who immediately adapted to someone FTE to him. It's literally on their profiles. E.B Luffy was still getting blitzed by the guy, but reacted via sheer skill.
Hmm, fair enough i suppose, though there are characters in RWBY who have done the same thing, Roman was able to react to Ruby blitzing him with her semblance, as was Penny able to react to Harriet's (Harriet's semblance amping her speed to a level comparable to Ruby's)
Zoro's Shishi Sonson blitzes people who can blitz him as well. It's not an amp, it's a one-shot attack he uses when in a pinch. It can one shot people on his level.
While that would be able to match Ruby's speed, theres still the issue of it being a last resort, as well as the aforementioned details about Ruby's semblance.

Thats the gist of it yeah, and then theres people who are directly acknowledged as being more skilled in CQC than she is, Ruby included.

In regards to Skypeia Arc Zoro is should be perfectly fair to use, though youd be correct if it was comparing Ruby to current Zoro

It was a mix of strength and skill, the Ace Ops and Atlas Academy personally trained Team RWBY up to the level of the Ace Ops skill-wise and then Team RWBY took it a step further and ended up surpassing them in skill.

Ye, said statements were made during or after their fights, specifically stuff like Velvet's team stating that Nebula was more skilled than Velvet as they were watching the fight or the Ace Ops acknowledging that Team RWBY were more skilled than them both during and after their fight.

Velvet's skill comes less from her style copying and more from her ability to utilize and meld all of her fighting styles into one to create wholly unique styles at the drop of a hat, even without the use of her weapon.
That is all fair enough.
Hmm? Im not sure what you mean by false equivalency, you brought up Zoro having 'air slashes and sciency magic', all i did was confirm that RWBY has that as well and that its something Ruby has faced before.
I meant regarding Ruby's ability to analyze weapons, it's not really comparable to analysing supernatural abilities. That'd be the false equivalency - unless you didn't mean to limit Ruby's Analytical Ability to only weapons - then disregard this point.
My apologies, it appears i should have been a bit more specific, Aura in RWBY isnt aura like other verses. Aura in RWBY is the manifestation of one's soul as a passive, full-body defensive barrier strong enough to protect the user from attacks several times above her physical durability while also acting as fuel for the user's Semblance, which is the projection of their soul.
It's vaguely similar to how Haki works on One Piece, actually. Although the Soul aspect is not prominent at all, Haki is too one's spirit and physical manifestations. At this point Zoro has only inept observation, which would help him avoid any surprise attacks.

What is the durability of said barrier again? If you could give me the answer in numbers, I'd appreciate it.
Ruby's semblance is Petal Burst, which allows her to break herself down into a cloud of molecules to become intangible while increasing her speed exponentially, as well as granting her the ability to fly, split herself up into multiple clouds of molecules to avoid obstacles and catch opponents in blind spots, and create tornadoes and vacuums.
Can she attack while in that state? It's too bad it's not current Zoro, who fought King, who has a power similar to this in some ways.
RWBY Aura is closer to stuff like Haki except its passive and protects Ruby's entire body as well as her weapon.
Oh wow, didn't realize you talked about it yourself. Lol.
Hmm, fair enough i suppose, though there are characters in RWBY who have done the same thing, Roman was able to react to Ruby blitzing him with her semblance, as was Penny able to react to Harriet's (Harriet's semblance amping her speed to a level comparable to Ruby's)
That's fair enough. But we have to consider Zoro's accelerated evolution too, if Ruby used her semblance, she would need to finish the battle rather quickly, or Zoro would eventually be able to keep up with her in reactions - thus allowing Shishi Sonson to blitz her as well. Although Intangibility is kinda cracked.
While that would be able to match Ruby's speed, theres still the issue of it being a last resort, as well as the aforementioned details about Ruby's semblance.
Well, seems like we should likely debate the circumstances of the fight instead.

Even as someone who disagrees with the RWBY skill scaling bullshit, I really can't lie, Weekly kinda packing this guy up rn.

Kinda leaning on Ruby TBH.

Even as someone who disagrees with the RWBY skill scaling bullshit, I really can't lie, Weekly kinda packing this guy up rn.

Kinda leaning on Ruby TBH.
It's a debate on equal grounds. I'm learning about the skill feats of Ruby, while giving Weekly information on Zoro's. Seriously, why instigate conflict via putting one side as the loser.

And how can you lean towards someone, we haven't reached a conclusion on winning conditions or the outcome of the fight?

why instigate conflict via putting one side as the loser.
'Tis mere comedy, my friend. Not meant to be taken as a serious insult or spite against your debating skills.
And how can you lean towards someone, we haven't reached a conclusion on winning conditions or the outcome of the fight?
You don't need to reach a conclusion for me to view Weekly's current arguments as superior to yours. I never even said I was voting.

'Tis mere comedy, my friend. Not meant to be taken as a serious insult or spite against your debating skills.
Just don't play with people you don't know, a tip to avoid headaches. I don't consider it an insult, it's just weird given the context and overall respectful nature of the debate in question.
You don't need to reach a conclusion for me to view Weekly's current arguments as superior to yours. I never even said I was voting.
Uhh, given we're not competing and I'm not trying to debunk Weekly's arguments, I'll assume it's superiority in presentation and information, which I agree. Buut that doesn't justify leaning towards a character given neither is claiming their victory yet. Ruby being as skilled or more skilled than Zoro is not the defining factor to score a win or a loss.

Either way, I'll wait on Weekly's reply.

Really don't know what you want me to say my dude. I'm not gonna spend my time to justify my leaning towards one character's victory in a VS match to you. 🤷‍♂️

It's vaguely similar to how Haki works on One Piece, actually. Although the Soul aspect is not prominent at all, Haki is too one's spirit and physical manifestations. At this point Zoro has only inept observation, which would help him avoid any surprise attacks.
Zoro doesn't have kenbunshoku Haki until the post-timeskip.

Zoro doesn't have kenbunshoku Haki until the post-timeskip.
Zoro does have Kenbunshoku Haki at the inept level after Alabasta. But it's apparently it's indexed as: "Greater Information Analysis (Capable of sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him. By doing so he can determine the speed, power and angle of where he should cut at allowing him to cut objects he otherwise couldn't with strength alone)"

Zoro does have Kenbunshoku Haki at the inept level after Alabasta. But it's apparently it's indexed as: "Greater Information Analysis (Capable of sensing the "Breath" of all things, allowing him to know the trajectory of something's movements before it happens as well as it's location despite not being visible to him. By doing so he can determine the speed, power and angle of where he should cut at allowing him to cut objects he otherwise couldn't with strength alone)"
He doesn't and that's why it's not indexed as "Kenbunshoku Haki" like his Busoshoku usage.

So the "breath of all things", which sounds extremely similar to the voice of all things is more accurately reflected as "Information Analysis"? Suuuure.
Breath of all things is a fan term based off what Zoro said, it isn't related to the "voice of all things" as Zoro was unable to hear Zunesha speaking during Zou. It's classified under Information Analysis alongside Extrasensory Perception + Analytical prediction.

Last edited:
Back