• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Cid Outskills even current Zoro (And Mihawk), so given that Zoro really only has skill atp, Cid just comfortably beats him in a non-serious sword fight and kills him.

Edit:
Before anyone mentions it, base AP difference doesn't matter here. Cid has fought peeps with bigger AP gaps and killed them with just skill.

Last edited:
Cid Outskills even current Zoro (And Mihawk), so given that Zoro really only has skill atp, Cid just comfortably beats him in a non-serious sword fight and kills him.
No.

Cid is very skilled tho

No.

Cid is very skilled tho
Yes.

No one in OP has the kinda skill feats to mess with even a casual Cid's swordsmanship. The gap could be countered with Haki, but given that Zoro doesn't really have haki atp, that's not happening.

Zoro literally couldn't even perceive Cid's movements because of skill.

So yeah, Cid for those reasons.

No one in OP has the kinda skill feats to mess with even a casual Cid's swordsmanship. The gap could be countered with Haki, but given that Zoro doesn't really have haki atp, that's not happening.
"Nobody in OP has the skills to mess with even a casual Cid."

Yeah I find that very hard to believe especially since you aren't even backing it up.

I can already tell Cid's one of those wanked jap novel characters like Ikki. I.E no actual skill, instead it's just a bunch of random shit like "Cid weaved gracefully throughout the 800000 projectiles, that were 9-D in nature and could move instantly. Yet my writing is so terrible and makes no sense I'm gonna have him still dodge and call it infinite skill."

"Nobody in OP has the skills to mess with even a casual Cid."

Yeah I find that very hard to believe especially since you aren't even backing it up.
Read his profile and feats.

This fancy sword play, which isn't even his real sword play, is a single, incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach.[20] Has reached the pinnacle of martial skill,[7] being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements. His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them,[27] just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling. Through sheer skill he was able to not only survive[22] against Olivier whose strength, speed and power were dimensions beyond his own, as Cid was unable to use any magic, while she could, in a world where not using magic, superhuman characters can be killed by a regular bullet; he was even able to kill her.

Yeah I'm not seeing anything that astronomically impressive in his profile, at least not anything that would inherently allow him to skill stomp Zoro given that he's achieved similar feats.
incomparable masterpiece kneaded together with the best parts of countless other martial arts, and is on a level where even centuries of training won't reach.[20] Has reached the pinnacle of martial skill
The term "incomparable." is utterly meaningless here, so I don't know why you highlighted it to make it seem and sound more impressive. The next part is vague as **** and doesn't really work as a good skill feat since most martial arts don't work well with swordsmanship, a lot of them are literally useless and the fact that they don't even state which martial arts in particular.

Having centuries of combat experience isn't that impressive either as Zoro was skill stomping people with 36 years of swordsmanship experience, and Fishmen are stated to be naturally better than humans at swordsmanship because of their agile bodies, extra limbs that can attack, defend and strike at unpredictable angles automatically. (Each limb has its own brain, allowing them to attack and defend while the main one strategies.) and yet Zoro was literally break dancing around Hachi no Issue.

Cid reached the pinnacle of martial arts? Cool, I guess we'll just ignore that Zoro also reached the very zenith of swordsmanship at this point already.

being able to dodge attacks by walking, making microscopic movements. His attacks are natural; there’s no bloodlust, no hesitation, no swagger, thus people can’t perceive them,[27] just like they aren't actively conscious of individual raindrops falling.

Lol anyone can dodge by walking, that's not a good skill feat. Microscopic movement quite literally makes no sense and it's not even elaborated upon so this is classic light novel shit where the author uses words he doesn't know the meaning off to make it sound cool.

Thankfully Zoro's thing isn't picking up on blood-lust. Goken works by calculating trajectory and by sensing the opponent's breath. Also literally wtf does "no swagger" even mean in this context?

Zoro is more than capable of sensing him lmfao.

Having centuries of combat experience isn't that impressive either as Zoro was skill stomping people with 36 years of swordsmanship experience, and Fishmen are stated to be naturally better than humans at swordsmanship because of their agile bodies, extra limbs that can attack, defend and strike at unpredictable angles automatically. (Each limb has its own brain, allowing them to attack and defend while the main one strategies.) and yet Zoro was literally break dancing around Hachi no Issue.
It's said even with centuries of training you couldn't reach Cid's casual performance sword art.
Cid reached the pinnacle of martial arts? Cool, I guess we'll just ignore that Zoro also reached the very zenith of swordsmanship at this point already.
Except that's contradicted by the fact that Zoro literally isn't at the zenith of swordsmanship of his verse atp. Even if it was said he was, he quite obviously isn't... regardless...
Lol anyone can dodge by walking, that's not a good skill feat. Microscopic movement quite literally makes no sense and it's not even elaborated upon so this is classic light novel shit where the author uses words he doesn't know the meaning off to make it sound cool.
You can say it doesn't make sense, but it's an actual feat he has. Goken doesn't make sense either, unless you consider it Haki or something.
Thankfully Zoro's thing isn't picking up on blood-lust. Goken works by calculating trajectory and by sensing the opponent's breath. Also literally wtf does "no swagger" even mean in this context?

Zoro is more than capable of sensing him lmfao.
The statements are that Cid's movements and actions are so natural that they blend into the environment and make his opponent lose consciousness of them; like how you aren't conscious of rain drops in a storm.

Sensing breath has nothing to do with that, and Zoro has no feats suggesting he could sense him.

It's said even with centuries of training you couldn't reach Cid's casual performance sword art.
Cool, Zoro's feats of outskilling a Fishman with decades upon decades of experience and having been stated to be better swordman than humanity already outdoes this.
Except that's contradicted by the fact that Zoro literally isn't at the zenith of swordsmanship of his verse atp. Even if it was said he was, he quite obviously isn't... regardless...
Because you say sure? Sure I didn't know I was talking to Oda all of a sudden. Goken is the pinnacle of Swordsmanship, it's the zenith amongst them. Zoro's reached that level, Mihawk scales above him since he's much more experienced with that technique.

So yes, he's reached the pinnacle already. Being at the pinnacle doesn't mean you're the only one or the best at it. So all your really arguing is semantics here which doesn't help you in proving why Cid can outskill Zoro.
You can say it doesn't make sense, but it's an actual feat he has. Goken doesn't make sense either, unless you consider it Haki or something.
Difference being that Goken does in fact make sense. We're given detailed explanation of how it works, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to compare something that's been explained vs "microscopic movement" that's never even elaborated on. Matter of fact you tell me Yung, what exactly does that mean? Huh? Exactly you yourself can't even explain it.

That's literally just the typical author trying to make something seem cool for the sake of sounding cool.
The statements are that Cid's movements and actions are so natural that they blend into the environment
Literally this is never stated. All he's doing is attacking her blind-spots.
a5e749cda298797f3627eae47600c1b2.png

and make his opponent lose consciousness of them; like how you aren't conscious of rain drops in a storm.
Which makes it a blind spot. Also that statement makes no sense if your really outside during a storm and can't pay attention to rain drops then you must be pretty stupid lol.
Sensing breath has nothing to do with that, and Zoro has no feats suggesting he could sense him.
Sensing breath would absolutely have to do with that, as long as he can sense the opponent's breathing he can sense their movement. All Cid does is act without bloodlust, hesitation and without "swagger." whatever the hell that means.

This does not mean that Cid would be able to do the same to other forms of ESP / Analytical Prediction. That's something you still have yet to prove.

And yes Zoro absolutely has feats that'd allow him to sense Cid. Your acting as if Cid is magically turning himself invisible or erasing himself from existence all together.

Honestly at this point you're acting a lot like how Earl did with Ikki.

Cool, Zoro's feats of outskilling a Fishman with decades upon decades of experience and having been stated to be better swordman than humanity already outdoes this.
Ah yes, fodder fishmen statements.
Because you say sure? Sure I didn't know I was talking to Oda all of a sudden. Goken is the pinnacle of Swordsmanship, it's the zenith amongst them. Zoro's reached that level, Mihawk scales above him since he's much more experienced with that technique.
I’m saying, if Zoro is the zenith of swordsmanship then Mihawk wouldn’t be above him regardless of experience.
So yes, he's reached the pinnacle already. Being at the pinnacle doesn't mean you're the only one or the best at it. So all you’re really arguing is semantics here which doesn't help you in proving why Cid can outskill Zoro.
Pinnacle literally means “highest level/peak”, in which case, Zoro isn’t that if there’s someone above him.
Difference being that Goken does in fact make sense. We're given detailed explanation of how it works, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to compare something that's been explained vs "microscopic movement" that's never even elaborated on. Matter of fact you tell me Yung, what exactly does that mean? Huh? Exactly you yourself can't even explain it.
Just because it’s explained doesn’t mean it makes logical sense. Like, what exactly is the explanation behind Goken that makes it a skill feat but not CID’s stuff?
Literally this is never stated. All he's doing is attacking her blind-spots.
a5e749cda298797f3627eae47600c1b2.png

Which makes it a blind spot. Also that statement makes no sense if your really outside during a storm and can't pay attention to rain drops then you must be pretty stupid lol.
There’s nothing about blind spots in the text. It’s about being conscious about of what you’re looking for. That’s why it keeps referencing how “natural” his movements are.

Gin.. you’re telling me that if you’re in a storm you can keep track of one particular rain drop? No. And Zoro can’t either.

He could sense his breathe all he wants, that doesn’t mean he can follow his moves. Because, guess what? You can follow him without following his sword.

Zoro doesn’t even have feats of using Goken in such a manner, so as to track people he normally can’t because they’re imperceptible.

Zoro just has visions of his death and gets done dirty.. simple.

Ah yes, fodder fishmen statements.
Ah so whenever it's not a shitty Jap LN it's a fodder statement lol. It's no different than what your using for Cid bud.
I’m saying, if Zoro is the zenith of swordsmanship then Mihawk wouldn’t be above him regardless of experience.
Goken is the zenith for swordman. It's the highest level of swordsmanship one can obtain, Mihawk's usage of Goken is simply more advanced than Zoro's. They've both reached that level, Mihawk's is just better.

Not sure what's so hard to understand about that.
Pinnacle literally means “highest level/peak”, in which case, Zoro isn’t that if there’s someone above him.
Read above. Multiple people can be at the pinnacle of something, doesn't mean one can't be better at it than the other. Also no that's not what pinnacle means, like at all. Pinnacle means the most successful point.

Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson have both reached the pinnacle of boxing, but that doesn't mean one can't be more skilled at it than the other.
Just because it’s explained doesn’t mean it makes logical sense. Like, what exactly is the explanation behind Goken that makes it a skill feat but not CID’s stuff?
Stop ignoring and dodging the question then. Tell me, what does microscopic movement mean? Once again you can't because not even the ******* author knows what he means by that.

Goken is explained throughly in Zoro's profile.
There’s nothing about blind spots in the text. It’s about being conscious about of what you’re looking for.
Which is what a blind spot is? That's based on one's own visual awareness. I.E things that come at you from outside one's visual awareness.
That’s why it keeps referencing how “natural” his movements are.
Which doesn't mean Cid's movements are blending into the atmosphere.
Gin.. you’re telling me that if you’re in a storm you can keep track of one particular rain drop? No. And Zoro can’t either.
Zoro has literally blocked danmaku that would make that look like child's play.
He could sense his breathe all he wants, that doesn’t mean he can follow his moves. Because, guess what? You can follow him without following his sword.
And by sensing his breath he'd be able to track him. That's what Goken is used for, Prediction of where the enemy will go based on one's breathing. Which even extends to inanimate objects, so yeah Cid's not escaping this tracking.
Zoro doesn’t even have feats of using Goken in such a manner, so as to track people he normally can’t because they’re imperceptible.
What?????? You can't be serious right now. "Zoro doesn't use the thing that he spams literally to predict movements for predicting movement." Yung if we're talking about contradiction then you've just made the ultimate contradiction.

Zoro's used Goken for tracking opponents ever since he obtained it. That's the whole point OF Goken.
Zoro just has visions of his death and gets done dirty.. simple.
In your fanfic sure.

I can tell that this is getting slowly heated, so I ask both of you to try tone it down a bit if possible.

Which is what a blind spot is? That's based on one's own visual awareness. I.E things that come at you from outside one's visual awareness.
No. A blind spot is where your vision is obstructed.

CID’s opponents are looking at him, they just can’t be conscious of his swords movements.
Which doesn't mean Cid's movements are blending into the atmosphere.
They essentially are. Not literally but perception wise.. absolutely.

Just like he could make people see things that aren’t there via skill as well.
Zoro has literally blocked danmaku that would make that look like child's play.
Cid has done the same. In fact, I’m pretty sure he cut down the danmaku not just blocked it.
What?????? You can't be serious right now. "Zoro doesn't use the thing that he spams literally to predict movements for predicting movement." Yung if we're talking about contradiction then you've just made the ultimate contradiction.

Zoro's used Goken for tracking opponents ever since he obtained it. That's the whole point OF Goken.
I’m a lil rusty on one piece especially this early on. But from my memory Goken was a technique to cut things, not track opponents.

Do you have a scan for that?

No. A blind spot is where your vision is obstructed.
When your driving yes, not the type of blind spot I was referring to blind spots in a fighting sense. I.E attacks that come at you from outside visual awareness
CID’s opponents are looking at him, they just can’t be conscious of his swords movements.
Or that just means they suck at predicting. As far as I'm aware he isn't breaking the laws of physics here to attack with a sword, there's sill cues you could get to read him. Breathing, center of gravity, muscle movement reading.

He still needs to perform bodily acts to use the sword so I wouldn't apply an NLF like this and say he's completely untraceable.
They essentially are. Not literally but perception wise.. absolutely.
Not literally is the only part I needed to read here.
Cid has done the same. In fact, I’m pretty sure he cut down the danmaku not just blocked it.
I meant to say deflect, my bad so yeah similar feats.
I’m a lil rusty on one piece especially this early on. But from my memory Goken was a technique to cut things, not track opponents.
That's only one aspect.
Do you have a scan for that?
Here.
Here.
Basically Goken is focusing on the breath of something, predicting their movements based on breath. Cutting aspect also comes from breath, but with them essentially tuning sword angle, speed, power and timing to match one's breath allowing for durability negation based swordsmanship.

When your driving yes, not the type of blind spot I was referring to blind spots in a fighting sense. I.E attacks that come at you from outside visual awareness
No, I mean, if you look up the actual definitions for blind spot... that's not what it is. If you're looking at something then it's not your blind spot.
Or that just means they suck at predicting. As far as I'm aware he isn't breaking the laws of physics here to attack with a sword, there's sill cues you could get to read him. Breathing, center of gravity, muscle movement reading.
In which case, he uses that against Zoro to make him see visions of his death. Just like he did Iris.... Why wouldn't that happen?
He still needs to perform bodily acts to use the sword so I wouldn't apply an NLF like this and say he's completely untraceable.
He's not untraceable, I'm contending that Zoro has the ability to trace him at this point in One Piece.
Here.
Here.
Basically Goken is focusing on the breath of something, predicting their movements based on breath. Cutting aspect also comes from breath, but with them essentially tuning sword angle, speed, power and timing to match one's breath allowing for durability negation based swordsmanship.
My question wasn't whether or not Zoro could sense things with Goken. I asked if he ever used Goken to predict the action and attacks of things he cannot trace otherwise. That's not evidence of that, there's no prediction happening in those scans.

Edit:

This legit makes me want to read Eminence in Shadow to get a better grasp on those feats, because supposedly he's a lot more skilled than the profile suggests.

Last edited:
My question wasn't whether or not Zoro could sense things with Goken. I asked if he ever used Goken to predict the action and attacks of things he cannot trace otherwise. That's not evidence of that, there's no prediction happening in those scans.
Yes, he predicted FTE movements with skill and enhanced senses
0401-005.png
0401-007.png

This is even inferior to something like Breath of all things

No, I mean, if you look up the actual definitions for blind spot... that's not what it is. If you're looking at something then it's not your blind spot.
Not really it depends on the context of where a blind spot is. Kengan does a pretty good job at explaining it here. You can be looking directly at someone and still have a blind spot.
In which case, he uses that against Zoro to make him see visions of his death. Just like he did Iris.... Why wouldn't that happen?
Use what against Zoro?
He's not untraceable, I'm contending that Zoro has the ability to trace him at this point in One Piece.
Which is what Goken does.
..... so I'm guessing you forgot to read the part where he could tell where things are and predicted where the rocks and such would fall? There's plenty of predictions happening in the scans I've sent.
o1Frk13_d.webp
"These falling rocks.... I can sense a type of presence from them as if they were alive."

RXG9bDq_d.webp

"Dodge these rocks? No. I knew... I knew which place the rocks wouldn't fall."

This is text book predict Yung. I literally can't even comprehend how you looked at those scans then said there's no prediciton being done whenever it very blatantly is.

Not really it depends on the context of where a blind spot is. Kengan does a pretty good job at explaining it here. You can be looking directly at someone and still have a blind spot.

Use what against Zoro?
Make him see visions of his death.

RXG9bDq_d.webp

"Dodge these rocks? No. I knew... I knew which place the rocks wouldn't fall."

This is text book predict Yung. I literally can't even comprehend how you looked at those scans then said there's no prediciton being done whenever it very blatantly is.
Are predicting falling rocks using Goken the same as predicting attacks using it in the middle of battle? Because that's what I was talking about.
Yes, he predicted FTE movements with skill and enhanced senses
0401-005.png
0401-007.png

This is even inferior to something like Breath of all things
I know Zoro has prediction abilities, I'm saying he never used Goken (The thing that would possibly allow him to trace Cid) to predict attacks from an enemy in the midsts of battle.

And no one can prove he has, as I already knew with my rusty one piece knowledge.

Make him see visions of his death.

How does it work exactly? I'd like a better example than a random anime clip.
Are predicting falling rocks using Goken the same as predicting attacks using it in the middle of battle? Because that's what I was talking about.
It's all the same shit, all of the applications of goken work on sensing the breathing of the opponent. That goes for its predictions and its durability negation.
I know Zoro has prediction abilities, I'm saying he never used Goken (The thing that would possibly allow him to trace Cid) to predict attacks from an enemy in the midsts of battle.

And no one can prove he has, as I already knew with my rusty one piece knowledge.
He literally used it against T-Bone to predict against his attack that could change trajectory.

You only have limited rusty knowledge on one piece so I wouldn't go around making statements like "Nobody can prove it and I know it." because now your claiming your knowledge is limited while somehow knowing more than actual knowledgeable members.

Also showing death to the dude who's been at death's door dozens of times already ain't gonna do shit to him.

How does it work exactly? I'd like a better example than a random anime clip.
He uses things like muscle movement and his body's position to give people visions of being cut among things like making them see things that aren't there. Like how Iris thought he was holding his sword, but the whole time he wasn't
It's all the same shit, all of the applications of goken work on sensing the breathing of the opponent. That goes for its predictions and its durability negation.

He literally used it against T-Bone to predict against his attack that could change trajectory.
You can't prove any of that.
Also showing death to the dude who's been at death's door dozens of times already ain't gonna do shit to him.
Yes, but it'd disorient tf out of him and open him up for Cid to dance on him with sword techniques.

You can't prove any of that.
I literally ******* can. It's in his profile, now stop your own agenda because at this point you aren't even using what's literally accepted on the profile. I'm the one who made his intelligence section, so yes I can in fact prove it.

, Analytical Prediction (Through sensing the breath of someone or an object he can know the trajectory of their actions before it happens, he first used this ability to know where rubble wouldn't fall before it happened.

And this is right from his profile under his intelligence. So you either didn't read it or your being ignorant on purpose, both of which are bad on your end.
"An analytical and alert fighter Zoro prefers to target lethal vital points from the get go.(quick to grasp the rhythm of battle, as a attentive fighter Zoro excels in analyzing his opponents to find their weakness allowing Zoro to create extremely effective countermeasures and combinations on the spot. Zoro is able to analyze his opponents skill, attack patterns and timing. Zoro also showcases impressive predictive accuracy, being able to predict the movements and trajectory of his opponents, being able to predict FTE attacks and attacks that change trajectory"
afx1RPk_d.webp

"You can't prove any of that."

💀 lil bro acting like its not on the profile or that I wasn't the one who literally wrote the intelligence section.

I literally ******* can. It's in his profile, now stop your own agenda because at this point you aren't even using what's literally accepted on the profile. I'm the one who made his intelligence section, so yes I can in fact prove it.

, Analytical Prediction (Through sensing the breath of someone or an object he can know the trajectory of their actions before it happens, he first used this ability to know where rubble wouldn't fall before it happened.

And this is right from his profile under his intelligence. So you either didn't read it or your being ignorant on purpose, both of which are bad on your end.
"An analytical and alert fighter Zoro prefers to target lethal vital points from the get go.(quick to grasp the rhythm of battle, as a attentive fighter Zoro excels in analyzing his opponents to find their weakness allowing Zoro to create extremely effective countermeasures and combinations on the spot. Zoro is able to analyze his opponents skill, attack patterns and timing. Zoro also showcases impressive predictive accuracy, being able to predict the movements and trajectory of his opponents, being able to predict FTE attacks and attacks that change trajectory"
afx1RPk_d.webp
It can be on his profile all it wants lol, but he's literally never used it like thatin battle.

CRT time.

It can be on his profile all it wants lol, but he's literally never used it like thatin battle.
I literally just showed you lmfao.
CRT time.
Good luck getting that passed because rest assured, nobody is going to agree with you intentionally ignoring shit.

Literally just showed you literal scans of him doing that to which you've completely ignored for whatever reason.

CRT time.
If it's pure out of spite for Zoro then just don't, you'll ended up having too many enemies, then again spite or not you'll still ended up with too many enemies

Also make zoro see his vision of only make Zoro have more advantageous since he can heard the voice or something like that when he's near death, maybe some of OP folks can correct me with this one

If it's pure out of spite for Zoro then just don't, you'll ended up having too many enemies, then again spite or not you'll still ended up with too many enemies

Also make zoro see his vision of only make Zoro have more advantageous since he can heard the voice or something like that when he's near death, maybe some of OP folks can correct me with this one
Bro made it sound like the mafia was gonna come after the guy or something lol

Back