• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zone Fighter canonicity to Showa Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well tbh I never though I would need to make a CRT talking about something is too obvious.

Zone Fighter TV show is canon to Showa Era movies.

Now I started looking into my Godzilla books, and the most important one about "canon" appareances for Godzilla characters is Godzilla Dictionary (New Edition) if you're interested on buy it.

I found interesting information.

1. Godzilla Showa (Described as the same Godzilla that fought Megalon, Gigan and etc) This is the paragraph on Zone Fighter for Godzilla. In talking about the Showa Godzilla, it says he guest starred on the show, is described as part of the continuity and it's part of his canon appareances on any media

Godzilla Showa Appareances.

Godzilla Raids Again (1955); King Kong vs. Godzilla; Mothra vs. Godzilla; Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster; Invasion of Astro-Monster; Ebirah, Horror of the Deep; Son of Godzilla; Destroy All Monsters; All Monsters Attack; Godzilla vs. Hedorah; Godzilla vs. Gigan; Godzilla vs. Megalon; Zone Fighter Episode 4, Episode 11, Episode 15, Episode 21, Episode 25; Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla; Terror of Mechagodzilla.

But if not enough, what about Gigan and King Ghidorah?

Here the info truns into more interesting, according the Dictionary there were 2 KG in Showa Era.

First Generation King Ghidorah or also known as first individual

Is described as the most powerful and the one that appeared in the first two films and the end of ShowaEra in DAMM. Is so powerful it destroyed the Kanto region from the Chubu region of Japan. Until this point there is no connection with ZF.

Second Generation King Ghidorah, the second individual appeared in Godzilla vs Gigan and episodes 5 and 6 of Zone Figther, so yes a KG who was in the film of Showa Era was also in ZF. He is described as weaker than the first generation Ghidorah, making the one that destroyed Venus into more powerful.

Here thanks a beautiful friend of mine, I could get her translation of the bios of the 2 Ghidorahs.

1st Individual

2nd individual

This info is used by Toho Kingdom and Wikizilla

TK King Ghidorah 1st and 2nd generation profile

So last point is Gigan

The canon death of Gigan, the reason why he did not appeared anymore in Showa movies.

Also more interesting info. Godzilla Showa normal punches are said equal to a Megaton of tnt.

The abilitie is called Megaton Punch (ÒâíÒé¼ÒâêÒâ│•ÒâæÒâ│Òâü Megaton Panchi)

Godzilla was consistently showed training time to time with Zone Fighter.

Supporters:

Apex PredatorX , SomebodyData , Death Dragon98 , Nedge1000 , Eva132 , Gallavant ,

N-nani, DMB 1 , Species 2512 .

Opponents:

WeeklyBattles

>Using wikias as evidence

>Using abilities with the same names as evidence

My dude you need actual confirmation from a canon source, with the evidence youre using Dragon Ball movies would be canon to the anime series

WeeklyBattles said:
>Using wikias as evidence
>Using abilities with the same names as evidence

My dude you need actual confirmation from a canon source, with the evidence youre using Dragon Ball movies would be canon to the anime series
You don't saw my books scans don't you?

the books are saying Zone fighter is part of the story of the characters who appeared in both movie and tv show.

Yes not canon

If you want it to be accepted as canon to the movies on this wiki you need something that basically says 'Zone fighter is canon to the movies'

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes not canon
If you want it to be accepted as canon to the movies on this wiki you need something that basically says 'Zone fighter is canon to the movies'
Huh? That would make sense if there were not info from a book that talks about canon appareances of characters.

Don't wanna be rude BUT I trust more on the books than anything from fan ideas.

Do the books say Zone Fighter is canon to the series, or the series to Zone Fighter?

I understand that, I just want to know if the connection is that the series is canon to the movies or vice versa.

SomebodyData said:
I understand that, I just want to know if the connection is that the series is canon to the movies or vice versa.
It is.

The Dictionary basically describes the story of the characters and it mentions both movie and tv show.

@Death All incarnations of Goku and have references to the movies and show and are described the same yet we have multiple profiles as they are not considered the same incarnation nor ar ethey canon to each other

SomebodyData said:
There is a connection YES.

the story of the characters was described and it connects both kind of media into a single story.

My other scans have the same kind of connection yet they are in japanese unfortunetly. I can translate them if you wish.

@SD Zone Fighter existing is a contradiction to the Showa Era, the most massive contradiction being all of the monsters living together on one island even after some have died in the movies

SomebodyData said:
Hmmm, looking at the scan you guys provided [here https://static.comicvine.com/upload...ond+generation+king+ghidroah+official+bio.png ], it seems that you guys probably have a point then. It's canon to 'second generation KG' / Godzilla v Gigan, and should scale to whatever era that belongs to, assuming Zone Fighter doesn't have any continuity breaking contradictions.
Zone fighter doesn't have any continuity breaking contradiction.

The canon death of Gigan, the reason why he did not appeared anymore in Showa movies.

This is the timeline

1024px-Timeline - Showa continuity

As it ocurred between Godzilla vs Megalon and Godzilla vs Mecha Godzilla there are NO contradictions. As G vs Megalon was the last appareance of Gigan in a film before get killed by G and Zone Fighter in the TV show, to never be seen again in the last movies, there is no real problem.

The contradiction is the series existing in its entirety, never being brought up again at any point over the entirety of the Showa era, Gigan's death never being brought up at any point in the Showa Era, etc.

Cus is not mentioned by humans it doesnt means it didnt happened.

Btw I dont remember any Showa film where humans mentioned the film prior. That applies for every Showa film.

SomebodyData said:
Do the books say Zone Fighter is canon to the series, or the series to Zone Fighter?
Yes, it says it is canon as the official bio of the three main kaiju narated the events of the movies and tv show as a whole.

The book states:

Godzilla Showa Bio

Appareances.

Godzilla Raids Again (1955); King Kong vs. Godzilla; Mothra vs. Godzilla; Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster; Invasion of Astro-Monster; Ebirah, Horror of the Deep; Son of Godzilla; Destroy All Monsters; All Monsters Attack; Godzilla vs. Hedorah; Godzilla vs. Gigan; Godzilla vs. Megalon; Zone Fighter Episode 4, Episode 11, Episode 15, Episode 21, Episode 25; Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla; Terror of Mechagodzilla; Bye-Bye Jupiter (stock footage); Godzilla: Final Wars (stock footage); 20th Century Boys 2: The Last Hope (stock footage)

It is never stated that it is canon. If they used something from Zone Fighter in the movies then youd have an argument but they dont

Of course they did. Again Gigan death in Zone Fighter influenced the films as Gigan didnt appeared again.

Also again youre not reading the stuff I brought. Showa Godzilla has canon appareances in Zone Fighter and previous G movies are not mentioned in the sequels.

The question does they different enough feats to be considered non-cannon like many profiles of Son Goku? Of a yes case, they be should non-cannon.

If there are no such contractions, I think the appearances are cannon

Thanks bud to be here.

The answer is NO, Godzilla, Gigan and the Second Ghidorah dont have ANY NEW POWER. They are the same, not different abilities or something.

The only who deserves a New key in King Ghidorah profile is the second King Ghidorah due to beign a different incarnation who appeared in Godzilla vs Gigan and Zone Fighter.

As they are described to have appeared in both movies and tv show according the books and they don't have any new power or changed, I think we could accept it.

It is non canon. Unless there is an explicit statement of it being canon we cannot accept it as such. Similarities do not make it canon no matter how much you want it to be.

WeeklyBattles said:
It is non canon. Unless there is an explicit statement of it being canon we cannot accept it as such. Similarities do not make it canon no matter how much you want it to be.
@Weekly I understand your points BUT I don't want repeat it over and over.

The New Dictionary is a book that names each CANON appareance of every kaiju in the franchise, and it describes the history of Godzilla Showa, Second King Ghidorah and Gigan, and it states Zone Fighter as part of their canon appareances in any kind of media and their history as characters.

WeeklyBattles said:
The contradiction is the series existing in its entirety, never being brought up again at any point over the entirety of the Showa era, Gigan's death never being brought up at any point in the Showa Era, etc.
You may as well say that Godzilla vs Hedorah is noncanon because its never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back