• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I checked wasn’t that the main reason why the SS calcs were considered inflated in the first place? Because the world map was used to scale despite the actual map not reflecting that whatsoever?
I think you misunderstood what I was saying, they were inflated yes, and via an extremely ass backwards method at that. That's wrong, the methodolgy to get there was wrong.
In this instance I'm straight up talking about how you can see the volcano like, towering over the whole region, from a different region, across the horizon, from within the game itself.

There's no weird map scaling or cross game map scaling at that, it's literally just "damn you can see the volcano from across the horizon and it's towering over the whole of Faron's own big ass hundred meter tall tree".

Yeah, not quite map scaling; of course a method like that is inflated in the long run. But the current Tier 8 calculation is still a lowball for other reasons.

And yeah, the Cloud barrier feat was 6-C low end, High 6-C+ high end.

Maybe? I'm not sure how you would.
There's nothing to scale it directly off besides the smaller mountains it dwarfs over, which in turn, don't really have a size we know 100%. You could likely make use of angsizing, but that would require knowing the size in the first place. There's probably some way but eh...

How one would do it, I do not know, all I know is that it's intended to be way larger than we giving credit for.
Especially given that it's seemingly the same mountain that becomes Death Mountain.

Maybe we can figure out something with this piece of art?
We could just say **** it and use average mountain height as a compromise between both extremes too.

Yeah, not quite map scaling; of course a method like that is inflated in the long run. But the current Tier 8 calculation is still a lowball for other reasons.

And yeah, the Cloud barrier feat was 6-C low end, High 6-C+ high end.
Yeah, 6-C end is more accurate I think.
The clouds used aren't storm clouds, I mean you could argue they're close enough, given Thunderhead is the same clouds used in the barrier, and they're obviously storm clouds.

I guess I'm open to it actually, either end can be argued for to an extent, but if we want to be safe 6-C is the benchmark.

If it's impossible to pixel scale from that art or the in game screenshot, using the average mountain height would be better

I mean we can pixel scale it, and even angsize it, the issue is we can't get any type of result from it due to lacking info like how far away it is (if we had that we can get a height), how big it is in general (would solve the issue completely if we did so it wouldnt matter) or anything it's close to we don't know the size of to begin with so we cant just compare and get a height.

I mean, we could maybe pixel scaling the distance between the two regions while in the sky? And then use that as the angsize distance to figure out the height? But that's the best I can think of without getting to convoluted or disingenious. But that has its own issues (For example, you can see nearly the whole region's through the hole in the clouds), effectively outright confirming there's a discrepancy between "the sky" in game and the surface world.

Basically **** video games, just use average mountain as a compromise, the feat is probably intended to be around that of a basic volcano eruption anyhow and not some super low 8-A feat or some ridiculous island busting eruption.
Hell that's also the issue with Thunderhead fyi, I can reasonably get like a dozen different sizes and none are inherently wrong. I'll probably just do a super lowend, a super highend and pick some other end out of the other dozens. But even then, which one we end up using is gonna be entirely subjective. (I've did some test calcs and got it anywhere from 8-B+ to like High 7-A+ to give you an idea of how wild it can be).

Wait, the Levias feat can go up to High 7-A?
Storm feats be like that sometimes.
I mean look at Vaati and Ganon, a small continent sized storm is on par with, and even above in some cases, Hylia's planetary cloud feat. And that's using moderate stability, nothing drastic.

Yes, the feat can go up really high, but also really low, based entirely how you decide to get the size of the Thunderhead. Doubt we'd go with the giga **** end whenever I figure out what I'm doing but eh.

Though I see Morpha being mentioned in the unknown category, didn't he freeze over Zora's Domain? That might work as a calc, or him being able to manipulate Lake Hylia's water (Ke maybe?).

Zelda 1 and 2 Link, Dark Link, Adult OoT Link, TP Link Endgame, ALBW Link,: At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-B (Via scaling to Triforce of Power Ganondorf, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes him superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)

Four Swords Adventure Link, Minish Cap Link: 6-C+ (Is capable of defeating Vaati with the Light force drained from Zelda, which should make him comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Spirit Tracks Link: possibly High 6-B (Is capable of defeating Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)

ALTTP Link, WW Link, Oracles Link, and Shadow Link: 6-C (Fought an unamped Ganondorf, who's capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power)

Skyward Sword Link: 8-C+, possibly higher [Given that Ghirahim was toying with Link at their first fight and only left because Zelda and Impa left] with the Goddess sword (Is capable of withstanding bomb explosions, which yield this much power) | 8-A, possibly higher [depending on what Faron's calc grants] with the goddess longsword and white sword (Is actually capable of defeating Ghirahim, who's superior to the Dragons Faron and Eldin, who can cause a flood and a volcanic eruption) | Unknown [Is heavily reliant on Levia's storm calc for this level, this also applies to every next character with Unknown on their ratings] with the Master Sword (Can stop the Ocular Parasite: Bilocyte, who's able to control Levias, who's capable of creating a massive cloud storm) | 6-C+ with the full powered Master Sword (Is capable of defeating Demise, who's comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Child OoT Link and Pre-Master Sword TP Link: 8-C+ (Is capable of withstanding bomb explosions, which yield this much power)

Link's Awakening Link: High 7-A (Has enough magic power to use the Ether Medallion, which can clear a thunderstorm, which yields this much power)

MM Link: High 6-C (Is capable of defeating creatures like Gyorg, who's capable of increasing the temperature of Termina Bay's ocean with little effort)

Trinexx: High 7-A, possibly 6-C+ (Is capable of withstanding blows from the Ether Medallion and the master sword)

Shadow Nightmare and Wind Fish: High 7-A (Should be comparable to Link, who can use the Ether medallion with his own magic, which can clear a thunderstorm, which yields this much power)

Iron Knuckle, King Dodongo, Barinade, Dead Hands: 8-C+ (Comparable to Child Link, who can withstand bomb explosions, which yield this much power)

Morpha, Bongo Bongo, Phantom Ganon (OoT), and Volvagia: Unknown, possibly 6-C (Is comparable to the Master Sword)

Majora (Host possessed) and the 4 Giants: High 6-A (Can drop the moon on the land of termina, and stop the moon from crashing respectively, which yields this much power)

Majora's full power and Fierce Deity Link: High 4-C (Is capable of creating and sustaining a pocket dimension with a star inside, and his death causes the moon to vanish, the former feat yielding this much power)

Onox and Veran base form: 7-A (Onox is capable of creating thunderstorms easily, which yield this much power)

Onox and Veran true form: 6-C: (Is capable of withstanding blows from Link with the Master Sword)

Four Swords Adventure Ganondorf: 6-C (Should be comparable to his unamped self, who's capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power)

Phantom Ganondorf: 6-C (Can trade blows with full powered Master Sword Link)

Molgera: Unknown (Can take on Link with an incomplete Master Sword)

TP Link with Master Sword: 6-C+ (Wields the master sword, which can defeat Demise, who's comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Argorok and Zant: 6-C+ (Should be comparable to Link with the master sword, and was amped by Ganondorf during the events of the game)

Midna: 6-C+ (Can kill Zant effortlessly), much higher in her true form and Fused Shadow state

Bellum: possibly 6-C+ (Drained the life of Tetra, who wields the light force, which makes him comparable to Vaati)

Fraaz: 8-C+ (Comparable to early game Link)

Ghirahim [Base and Partially transformed]: Unknown (Can take on Link with an incomplete Master Sword) | 6-C+ with true form (Can take on Link with the full powered Master Sword)

Faron: Unknown (Is capable of flooding Faron province)

Demise: Unknown (Is superior to base Ghirahim and Levias) | 6-C+ (Is comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Levias: Unknown (Is capable of creating a massive storm barrier)

Yuga: 6-C (Is capable of utilizing magic only the master sword is able to break) | At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-B (Is fused with Ganondorf and amped by two pieces of the Triforce, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes them superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)

Lady Maud: High 7-A, possibly 6-C+ (Is superior to bosses comparable to Trinexx, who is capable of withstanding blows from the Ether Medallion and the master sword)

Guardian, Thunder/Wind/Water/Fireblight Ganon, and Monk Maz: 6-C (Should be comparable to Link with the master sword)

Everyone in Hyrule Warriors: 6-C (Should be comparable to Argorok, who's able to withstand blows from Link with the master sword)

Endgame HW Link, Cia and HW Ganondorf with the Full Triforce: High 4-C (Wields the full triforce, which should surpass the powers of Majora)

Gohma: 8-C+ (Can withstand attacks from child link), 6-C in TP (Is capable of fighting Link with the Master Sword)

Twinrova: 7-A (Is superior to beings like Onox, who is capable of creating thunderstorms easily, which yield this much power) | 6-C (Can take on Link with the Master Sword)

Gorons, Hylian Knights, and Gerudos: 8-C+ (via scaling to the bombs)

Ganondorf: 6-C [pre-Triforce of Power], Botched Resurrection, and Calamity Ganon (is capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power, is also capable of taking on Link with the Master Sword) | at least 6-C, possibly High 6-B [with the Triforce of Power] (Wields the Triforce of Power, which makes him superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe) | High 4-C [full triforce] (Wields the full triforce, which makes him superior to all different creatures in the lands, including Majora, who is capable of creating and sustaining a pocket dimension with a star inside, and his death causes the moon to vanish, the former feat yielding this much power) | 3-A [Sealed War Ganondorf] (Was stated to have been amped by the full power of the Triforce during the Sealed War, the Triforce being capable of warping the Sacred Realm to the dark reflection of the user's heart)
Would no one scale to sealed War Ganondorf?

Zelda 1 and 2 Link, Dark Link, Adult OoT Link, TP Link Endgame, ALBW Link,: At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-B (Via scaling to Triforce of Power Ganondorf, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes him superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)

Four Swords Adventure Link, Minish Cap Link: 6-C+ (Is capable of defeating Vaati with the Light force drained from Zelda, which should make him comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Spirit Tracks Link: possibly High 6-B (Is capable of defeating Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)
Seems fine

ALTTP Link, WW Link, Oracles Link, and Shadow Link: 6-C (Fought an unamped Ganondorf, who's capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power)
Rating is fine, but the justification isn't. Ganondorf had the Triforce of Power when he made that storm so we wasn't unamped. Just leaving it as scaling to an unamped Ganondorf would suffice.

Skyward Sword Link: 8-C+, possibly higher [Given that Ghirahim was toying with Link at their first fight and only left because Zelda and Impa left] with the Goddess sword (Is capable of withstanding bomb explosions, which yield this much power) | 8-A, possibly higher [depending on what Faron's calc grants] with the goddess longsword and white sword (Is actually capable of defeating Ghirahim, who's superior to the Dragons Faron and Eldin, who can cause a flood and a volcanic eruption) | Unknown [Is heavily reliant on Levia's storm calc for this level, this also applies to every next character with Unknown on their ratings] with the Master Sword (Can stop the Ocular Parasite: Bilocyte, who's able to control Levias, who's capable of creating a massive cloud storm) | 6-C+ with the full powered Master Sword (Is capable of defeating Demise, who's comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Child OoT Link and Pre-Master Sword TP Link: 8-C+ (Is capable of withstanding bomb explosions, which yield this much power)
Seems fine

Link's Awakening Link: High 7-A (Has enough magic power to use the Ether Medallion, which can clear a thunderstorm, which yields this much power)
I'm not entirely sure about this. Link can't use the Ether Medallion without the Master Sword (All 3 of the medallions in the game don't work if you try using them while the Master Sword is being upgraded by the smiths) which implies the sword is doing most of the work with these spells, although I guess it could be argued that he only needs the sword to properly channel them or something.

MM Link: High 6-C (Is capable of defeating creatures like Gyorg, who's capable of increasing the temperature of Termina Bay's ocean with little effort)
Seems fine. Although this does remind me that since we're keeping the High 6-C stuff from the MM bosses then the Triforce of Power level characters should have their 6-C+ low end be High 6-C instead since MM Link only has the Triforce of Courage amping him when he fights the bosses, TOP Ganondorf should naturally be above him.

Trinexx: High 7-A, possibly 6-C+ (Is capable of withstanding blows from the Ether Medallion and the master sword)

Shadow Nightmare and Wind Fish: High 7-A (Should be comparable to Link, who can use the Ether medallion with his own magic, which can clear a thunderstorm, which yields this much power)

Iron Knuckle, King Dodongo, Barinade, Dead Hands: 8-C+ (Comparable to Child Link, who can withstand bomb explosions, which yield this much power)

Morpha, Bongo Bongo, Phantom Ganon (OoT), and Volvagia: Unknown, possibly 6-C (Is comparable to the Master Sword)
Seems fine.

Majora (Host possessed) and the 4 Giants: High 6-A (Can drop the moon on the land of termina, and stop the moon from crashing respectively, which yields this much power)

Majora's full power and Fierce Deity Link: High 4-C (Is capable of creating and sustaining a pocket dimension with a star inside, and his death causes the moon to vanish, the former feat yielding this much power)
Seems fine.

Onox and Veran base form: 7-A (Onox is capable of creating thunderstorms easily, which yield this much power)

Onox and Veran true form: 6-C: (Is capable of withstanding blows from Link with the Master Sword)

Four Swords Adventure Ganondorf: 6-C (Should be comparable to his unamped self, who's capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power)
I was initally fine with the 7-A Onox feat but then I realized it used kinetic energy which is something we're more strict about, I don't think we see the storm being moved so we might have to find something else for him and Verans base forms to scale to. FSA Ganon has the right rating, but his justification should just be about being superior to Vaati.

TP Link with Master Sword: 6-C+ (Wields the master sword, which can defeat Demise, who's comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Argorok and Zant: 6-C+ (Should be comparable to Link with the master sword, and was amped by Ganondorf during the events of the game)

Midna: 6-C+ (Can kill Zant effortlessly), much higher in her true form and Fused Shadow state

Bellum: possibly 6-C+ (Drained the life of Tetra, who wields the light force, which makes him comparable to Vaati)

Seems mostly fine, although I'm not entirely sure about the Argorok, Zant and Mida scaling. Midna with the Fused Shadow got beaten by Ganondorf in less than a minute and he didn't seem no worse for wear. Although that could also be because he has absurd regen. They should be 6-C but more due to backscaling rather than fully scaling to characters like Ganondorf and TP Link.

I'm also not sure about Bellum, I'm not if the whole Light Force thing still applies to Tetra but I guess leaving it as a possibility like you're suggesting seems fine. Fraaz is clearly higher than 8-C+, he scales to the golden goddesses.

Ghirahim [Base and Partially transformed]: Unknown (Can take on Link with an incomplete Master Sword) | 6-C+ with true form (Can take on Link with the full powered Master Sword)

Demise: Unknown (Is superior to base Ghirahim and Levias) | 6-C+ (Is comparable to Hylia, who's capable of creating a cloud barrier)

Yuga: 6-C (Is capable of utilizing magic only the master sword is able to break) | At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-B (Is fused with Ganondorf and amped by two pieces of the Triforce, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes them superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe)

Lady Maud: High 7-A, possibly 6-C+ (Is superior to bosses comparable to Trinexx, who is capable of withstanding blows from the Ether Medallion and the master sword)

Guardian, Thunder/Wind/Water/Fireblight Ganon, and Monk Maz: 6-C (Should be comparable to Link with the master sword)

Everyone in Hyrule Warriors: 6-C (Should be comparable to Argorok, who's able to withstand blows from Link with the master sword)

Endgame HW Link, Cia and HW Ganondorf with the Full Triforce: High 4-C (Wields the full triforce, which should surpass the powers of Majora)
Seems fine, obviously once we get calcs we can change those unknown ratings. Not sure if just making the endgame HW characters High 4-C is right, if they're using the complete Triforce as an amp then they'd be 3-A.

Gohma: 8-C+ (Can withstand attacks from child link), 6-C in TP (Is capable of fighting Link with the Master Sword)

Twinrova: 7-A (Is superior to beings like Onox, who is capable of creating thunderstorms easily, which yield this much power) | 6-C (Can take on Link with the Master Sword)

Seems fine

Ganondorf: 6-C [pre-Triforce of Power], Botched Resurrection, and Calamity Ganon (is capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power, is also capable of taking on Link with the Master Sword) | at least 6-C, possibly High 6-B [with the Triforce of Power] (Wields the Triforce of Power, which makes him superior to a creature like Malladus, who can destroy New Hyrule in a short timeframe) | High 4-C [full triforce] (Wields the full triforce, which makes him superior to all different creatures in the lands, including Majora, who is capable of creating and sustaining a pocket dimension with a star inside, and his death causes the moon to vanish, the former feat yielding this much power) | 3-A [Sealed War Ganondorf] (Was stated to have been amped by the full power of the Triforce during the Sealed War, the Triforce being capable of warping the Sacred Realm to the dark reflection of the user's heart)
Like I said earlier, his storm feat is when he has the Triforce of Power so the justification for those 3 versions of Ganon only need Master Sword scaling as their justification. I'm a little confused about why you've given Ganon two different keys for having the full Triforce where one is High 4-C and the other is 3-A. He just needs the sealing war key for when he's actually being amped by the complete Triforce.

Regarding Skyward Sword Link, I recall in the game where you get the Goddess Longsword from using the Farore's Flame, it makes your attack do double the damage. Would this mean that the previous key would be 2x weaker than the Link with the Goddess Longsword?

@Chariot190 awesome, that makes SS scaling more consistent.

I’ve put Morpha as unknown, possibly 6-C mostly because I’m somewhat skeptical of them fully scaling to Ganondorf since he’s supposed to be well…. Far stronger than them. But if I’m missing some context
feel free to correct me.

@Dust_Collector so Unamped Ganondorf should still be 6-C via demise scaling right?

don’t the medallions require magic in order to be used to begin with? If so that should scale to Link at bare minimum.

Is there actual proof Link has the triforce as a kid in MM? Because I only recall Adult link having that in Ocarina.

as for the 3-A, pretty sure we agreed the amp is too inconsistent across the series for them to be consistently amped to the full power of the complete Triforce. At bare minimum they’d upscale from Majora.

Well downscaling for the TP cast is fine by me I guess.

Yeah unamped Ganon would still be 6-C.

The medallions require magic but unlike other magical items they can only be used with the Master Sword. Which could just be a way for him to channel them correctly so it could still scale to his own magical power. Yeah he still retains the Triforce of Courage in MM, the ending scene of Ocarina when he travels back in time still shows it in his hand as a child.

I don't think we agreed the amp from the full Triforce was too inconsistent, just that nobody ever really uses it as an amp besides Ganon in the sealing war. My main issue was him having two keys for the full Triforce at all since he only ever uses it as an amp in the sealing war.

So what would your suggestion be for the High 4-C ratings? That they’d be High 6-B or High 6-A?

The high 4-C pocket dimension not really since there’s onscreen proof he’s stabilizing the entire moon including the pocket dimension inside.

So what would your suggestion be for the High 4-C ratings? That they’d be High 6-B or High 6-A?
For Ganon I'd suggest not giving him a High 4-C key at all. For the Hyrule Warriors cast since Ganon gets directly empowered by the full Triforce (My memory on the game is fuzzy so correct me if that's wrong) and the endgame cast fights and defeats him they should probs just be 3-A.

who is being scaled to majora
FD Link for obvious reasons, and the complete Triforce for also obvious reasons (Although it doesn't need Majora scaling anyway). Besides that nobody is being scaled to Majora afaik.

So remove the Full triforce key for Ganon and replace it with sealed war ganon, did I get that right?

Btw dust, you and Chariot agreed to High 6-B scaling to ToP right? Or was it High 6-A?

Changed it. @Chariot190 @KobsterHope07 @Cyberblader90 you guys have anything else to comment on the scaling or is it ok?
You make the change on this list
Zelda 1 and 2 Link, Dark Link, Adult OoT Link, TP Link Endgame, ALBW Link,: At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-A (Via scaling to Triforce of Power Ganondorf, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes him superior to creatures like the 4 giants, who can stop the moon from crashing on termina, which yields this much power)

Yuga: 6-C (Is capable of utilizing magic only the master sword is able to break) | At least 6-C+, possibly High 6-A (Is fused with Ganondorf and amped by two pieces of the Triforce, who's power, thanks to the triforce makes them superior to creatures like the 4 giants, who can stop the moon from crashing on termina, which yields this much power)

Endgame HW Link, Cia and HW Ganondorf with the Full Triforce: 3-A (Wields and is amped by the Full triforce, which is capable of recreating the sacred realm to be a dark reflection of the user’s heart)

Ganondorf: 6-C [pre-Triforce of Power], Botched Resurrection, and Calamity Ganon (is capable of creating a storm that yields this level of power, is also capable of taking on Link with the Master Sword) | at least 6-C, possibly High 6-A [with the Triforce of Power] (Wields the Triforce of Power, which makes him superior to creatures like the 4 giants, who can stop the moon from crashing on termina, which yields this much power) | 3-A [Sealed War Ganondorf] (Was stated to have been amped by the full power of the Triforce during the Sealed War, the Triforce being capable of warping the Sacred Realm to the dark reflection of the user's heart)
There is still people who scales to Hylia at 6-C+ when the feat is 6-C like Demise, TP Link with Master Sword… other than that, the list looks good

That’s what Hyrule Historia said, link uses the fierce deity mask to kill Majora.

Why would only fierce deity link scale to Majora? That mask isn’t necessary
Like Glass said, Hyrule Historia states he used the FD Mask to destroy Majora. And even then it'd be an outlier for normal Link to even compete with a full power Majora given that the Skull Kid with just a portion of Majoras powers can laugh off most of Links attacks and in the event you don't stop the moon the resulting explosion blows away and kills Link while Majora is unscathed by the explosion.

Real quick, very minor power related ability that I'll quickly bring up is that we also need to add type 4 immortality to all the Links, eternal reincarnation thing and all that.

Now back to the more important stuff, for characters like Malladus we're giving him a possibly High 6-B rating, but what are we giving him and ST Link for their low ends?

Idk, there’s no other feats I can think of that would scale ST unless you can find something.

I'm pretty sure he makes a storm. The final boss has the sky covered in storm clouds that only clear away once Malladus is killed, I don't think there's a given distance for it so the standard 7-B result could work as the low end for ST characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back