• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demise's feat ranges from 3.67918721 megatons, up to 98.64820709 megatons for the low-low end fyi based on some rough numbers via like 6h walking distance between Kakariko and Fort Hateno plain. (Obviously higher ends get it way ******* higher, and I used a very low placeholder depth, depending on the depth it could very easily hit tier 6).

But I doubt we're using the higher ends there, so the feat is probably just some degree of 7-A after all is said and done.

Is there a blog or such or updated list of what feats have been calced & accepted, not accepted, or rejected? Especially one with Links?
If the OP is meant to be it.... Well, I'm sorry if this is rude of me to say, but it seems a little barren, even if I do agree, all this seems like a rather Herculean endeavour.

Is there a blog or such or updated list of what feats have been calced & accepted, not accepted, or rejected? Especially one with Links?
If the OP is meant to be it.... Well, I'm sorry if this is rude of me to say, but it seems a little barren, even if I do agree, all this seems like a rather Herculean endeavour.
OP is it, there's other shit to discuss but it's not so simple, we just have a few key feats pegged down and that's about it. Though it shouldn't matter, even if it takes awhile, as long as it happens and is settled eventually, is better then if it was rushed and done quickly.

Thank you for the answer. Seems like a lot of calc blogs are missing from OP, but okay.
You wouldn't be wrong, I tried to grab a chunk yesterday, notably Chaos' old calcs, failed to do so, not even the wayback machine helped.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Chariot190/Zelda_BOTW_Hyrule_Map

Tell me now if anything needs tweaking or changed or whatever the **** and I'll do so.
Neat. I'd personally be fine with the High-Low end, given they're constantly trying to escape the Guardians I think they'd be running the entire or at least most of that distance.

We could probably also use this size of Hyrule for blood moon shenanigans. Ganon moves the clouds super fast when during a blood moon, I'm pretty sure they go across the entire kingdom in seconds.

I'm pretty sure they go across the entire kingdom in seconds.
They do. Also there's two feats I wanna look at for BOTW, notably the vaporizing a chunk of a mountain and splitting a mountain. Do that later.

Have we calculated the energy required for those Electric Wizrobes to summon a storm that spans the entire kingdom with their Rods in BotW? Granted it's unknown if the storm creation is a separate thing and if that scales to the Rod's normal attacks but still.

Wait a minute…. @Chariot190 are you sure we can’t just use ToP Ganon and scale him to Demise given he’s shown in OoT to channel Demise’s power?

It’s due to the triforce he becomes anything remotely close to Demise right? If so I think scaling ToP Ganon to demise might be reasonable.

ToP Ganon scaling to Demise is reasonable yeah. Hell we can likely scale Ganon without the ToP to Demise since he was strong enough to fight WW Link who, by the time of their fight, wielded the fully powered Master Sword.

Well the master sword does have a separate calc it scales off to, but on the other hand Demise’s storm feat may or may not be THAT far off from Faron or levia’s feats. Ehh, either way they should be around the same level-ish.

but on the other hand Demise’s storm feat may or may not be THAT far off from Faron or levia’s feats
Oh Demise's storm would be way lower than either of those feats, it'd just be the average calc we use for 20 km thunderstorms using cape which is about baseline 7-B, it'd also be way lower than what Hylias cloud barrier will eventually be calced.

Unfortunately without any indication of how far his storm actually reaches we can only assume it stretches out to the normal viewing distance of 20 km, which would get about 9.5 megatons. Decent supporting feat, especially since he creates it just by waving his hand, but he scales to Hylia whose cloud barrier feat will almost certainly be 6-C or higher so it's not worth dwelling on his storm.

What's the question? Scaling ToP Ganon off Demise? I'd assume given the ToP is supposed to make Ganon chad mcbuff 9000.
Wait a minute…. @Chariot190 are you sure we can’t just use ToP Ganon and scale him to Demise given he’s shown in OoT to channel Demise’s power?
I never said otherwise, in fact I'd put ToP Ganon above literally 99% of the verse beside the god tiers (Golden Goddesses), Majora (due to alternate reality bullshit scaling aking it hard to know if Majora is even included in the shit he's supposed to be above) and like, anyone with more pieces (Yuga, himself). ToP is supposed to make his ass unparalleled in power, though Link is comparable, at least while he has the Master Sword and his own piece of he Triforce, though he's usually played off as despite being comparable, he's still not as powerful.
But why Demise creating a world isn't considered anymore?
It's an eng only line, Japanese game says a contradictory line that basically says it existed previously.

Last edited:
Have we calculated the energy required for those Electric Wizrobes to summon a storm that spans the entire kingdom with their Rods in BotW? Granted it's unknown if the storm creation is a separate thing and if that scales to the Rod's normal attacks but still.
I think it was deemed an outlier given they're essentially low ass fodder enemies.
Though Wizzrobes have been deemed mid-boss before so I wouldn't say they're fodder, but they definitely ain't high-end enemy. Depends on if there's other feats to corroborate tier 7 mid-boss enemies besides like Darknuts and shit.

Another question, if we're trying to say that guides and secondary sources may not be the most reliable, then wouldn't their P&A sections be effected since quite a few abilities come from those?

Another question, if we're trying to say that guides and secondary sources may not be the most reliable, then wouldn't their P&A sections be effected since quite a few abilities come from those?
Literally nobody said that though? For the most part they're pretty reliable, it's just a few weird things here and there that are overall, relatively minor, which is pretty good when the other 99.9999% of the few hundred page book is consistent, accurate and made with the sole intent of establishing and expanding lore.

Personally I only have one real gripe with the guides, and it's a personal issue if anything.

I stopped following this thread, so I'm not up to date with all the arguments, but I've been informed there's a supposed fissure created by Demise based on an area in BotW, but I don't see how it could possibly be considered a usable feat.

First, how do we know Demise created that same fissure, instead of it being named after him and his legend by the inhabitants of Hyrule? We literally have no connections other than the name, and several places in BotW bear the name of characters in omage to them.

Between the time Demise created the original fissure and the events BotW thousands upon thousands, if not millions of years have passed, there's literally no way to tell the structure of the fissure has remained the same, with all the possibly geological changes that could have occurred in such a large timespan.

The place itself isn't even a proper fissure, it's more like a canyon, which is way different than a fissure in the ground caused by something like an earthquake.

I might be missing something, but how can this thing be calculated and used a feat, with all the uncertainties and the fact we are not even sure the place is the same?

Also, speaking of places named after characters, we have things like Lineback's island, do we assume he created it as well?

I could make several other examples of hills, lakes and such with the name of a character, it doesn't mean they all actually shaped a piece of Hyrule.

First, how do we know Demise created that same fissure, instead of it being named after him and his legend by the inhabitants of Hyrule? We literally have no connections other than the name, and several places in BotW bear the name of characters in omage to them.

Because it's a very clearly unnatural formation that is consistent with the lore. The locations in game while homages, aren't always the case, something like "Tingel island" is an homage, something like Spectacle Rock though or Death Mountain, is very clearly the same location from Zelda 1, or how the Temple of Time is clearly the same Temple of Time from OOT, almost explicitly so.
Or that one ruins being the Temple from Skyward, etc. While some places are merely homages, that isn't always the case, some places are named a way because they're literally that place or a place referenced or seen in past titles.

Between the time Demise created the original fissure and the events BotW thousands upon thousands, if not millions of years have passed, there's literally no way to tell the structure of the fissure has remained the same, with all the possibly geological changes that could have occurred in such a large timespan.

Probably only a few ten thousand at most, millions is extremely pushing it.
While it's true it could've changed, it's also true it probably hadn't. A giant fissure that split the earth isn't exactly something that just ups and vanishes, it'd take millions of years for a geographical scar like that to change.

The place itself isn't even a proper fissure, it's more like a canyon, which is way different than a fissure in the ground caused by something like an earthquake.

Ok and? Nobody said Demise created an earthquake. In fact it's simply said the ground suddenly split open and he rushed forth from within it, for the most part a canyon being created due to that split makes sense. It being a fissure is a ENG only translation statement fyi, Japanese merely says the earth split open suddenly.

I might be missing something, but how can this thing be calculated and used a feat, with all the uncertainties and the fact we are not even sure the place is the same?

It's very clearly intended to be the same place. it's not even named after him like "Demise canyon" or "Canyon of Demise" or "Demise Fissure", etc, or whatever, it's literally called "The Breach of Demise", it's honestly one of the only places in the whole game named even remotely in a vain like that. Most are just "name island/forest/rock/mountain/lake/etc", no other location describes a location's name in the same way. Calculating it is easy, we know it's described as sudden. Just calculate it as a divide. Hell the fact it's called the breach should be evidence enough it's not just a cheeky reference, but rather actually referring to that time Demise breached the surface world and created a split in the earth.

Honestly, while I get the caution, it's pretty unreasonable, it's clearly intended to be the place Demise came forth, it has a unique naming convention, has a completely unique structure not seen anywhere else in the whole game. The worst part is it ain't even a good feat, he'd scale to Tier 6 off Hylia and this feat wouldn't get past 7-A at best.

Also, speaking of places named after characters, we have things like Lineback's island, do we assume he created it as well?

I could make several other examples of hills, lakes and such with the name of a character, it doesn't mean they all actually shaped a piece of Hyrule.
Stop with the false equivalences. Just because some are, doesn't mean all are. Or are you about to argue the Temple of Time isn't the Temple of Time or Death Mountain isn't Death Mountain either?

The Breach of Demise doesn't even follow the naming conventions of literally every other homage in the game either, that alone makes it an exception, not the norm.

The worst you could do is just say it's only a potential feat, you can't concretely say it isn't the split he created, the most I can do is concede on it being listed as simply a "possibly". If we even list it that is, he has other better feats to scale off, so much higher that it'd be a bit redundant to even list this.

E5uykaV.png

I'd also like to point out there's statements like this. It's pretty obviously hinted to be the place Demise came from.

It's already been calced, our storm calculations page has a small table of results for storms that reach to the horizon distance of 20 km.

oh woops. For Demises breach it'll likely end up in the 7-A range

Demise's feat ranges from 3.67918721 megatons, up to 98.64820709 megatons for the low-low end fyi based on some rough numbers via like 6h walking distance between Kakariko and Fort Hateno plain. (Obviously higher ends get it way ******* higher, and I used a very low placeholder depth, depending on the depth it could very easily hit tier 6).

But I doubt we're using the higher ends there, so the feat is probably just some degree of 7-A after all is said and done.

I ran a bunch rough calcs when I was doing the map thing, Demise's feat at minimum is like 3 megatons to 90 megatons based on the low-low end.
If we doing high low though it'd be 7-A approximately, at work but when I'm off I can get the exact numbers and the exact size of the rift as I saved the scaling.

Though we're gonna scale Demise to Hylia's feat anyhow (and I'm assuming massively above Eldin's feat) so this is practically a bit feat, it's on par with a tier 8 knocking down a wall basically.

No chance for a tier 5 Hylia considering how she splitted parts of earth who became Islands, then lifted them and covered all the planet with clouds?

No chance for a tier 5 Hylia considering how she splitted parts of earth who became Islands, then lifted them and covered all the planet with clouds?
Who knows, I'm expecting High 6-A off the cloud feat, but ya never know.
The island feats definitely won't hit tier 5 though, we'd have to use PE, and we'd need some ******* huge chunks of landmass to hit tier 5, like a literal continent or two worth, while it's been confirmed to have been all across the world, I don't think there's any way to even get that much mass even if you were very generous with it.

Anyway once I'm off work I'm gonna try and calc some divine beast feats, as Calamity Ganon upscales a good chunk, and given Calamity Ganon is implied to be like the weakest Ganon in the jpn version if memory serves (and not even the real Ganon from the looks of it based on BOTW 2), it'll be a nice solid baseline to use for some lads.

E5uykaV.png

I'd also like to point out there's statements like this. It's pretty obviously hinted to be the place Demise came from.
Well, this is already much better. I'm now leaning more towards it being the place, but I'm still fine as it isn't the main feat to which scale him anyway.

@SamanPatou can you help us with calcing the storm feat Demise made as well as the cloud barrier Hylia made?
Demise storm is impossible to get beyond tier 7, unless we have a statement saying it encompassed the whole realm or whatever, need further context to push it beyond tier 7. It'd just be to the horizon, which admittedly would be above average given it was a sunny sky on a completely flat plain that has zero changes in elevation, it'd be like on par with horizon in the middle of a desert, so it should actually be a tiny bit better than the standard but meh.

Cloud feat tho we need to calc, extremely important feat, I can pixel scale the thickness of the clouds later today among other things and whoever the **** wants to plug the values into the formula can do so. Unless someone hands me the formula, in which case I'll do it.

If we can get both feats out of the way we’d only have to worry about faron’s and levia’s and Malladus’ feats to calc, on top of the BOTW ones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back