• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. The energy that Link depleted to nigh zero by putting him at death’s door. And universal energy sources rarely matter.

Lads, Volvagia literally does not matter.
Eldin has LITERALLY the same feat except it goes on and notes it's directly due to his power and he did it on a whim to get Ghriahim and the lads to **** off, and Volvagia would ultimately scale to it anyway.
We no shit have another fire dragon blowing up death mountain to scale the fire dragon to.

Apparently bashing someone's head in with a hammer depletes their energy? Also yes universal energy sources are the only argument that could possibly lead to Volvagia's feat scaling but that doesn't matter as Chariot explained.

Either way let’s drop the topic on the volvagia feat cause they’re gonna scale to the master sword at the end of the day. Also, if no one else wants to give their two cents on the triforce amp by the end of the day, I’ll add the triforce feat to the accepted list and it only applying to Ganon.

I'm not sure about amping. Yes, the individual pieces amp, but the ToP provides the biggest amp. Also, we've not seen anyone with the Full Triforce directly attached to their person IIRC. Once all three are acquired almost always the Triforce appears separately from their body and they will then lose their piece(s) afterwards because those pieces are used to form the Triforce. Once separated from the body there's no proof it can give an amp to anyone near it.

But maybe I'm wrong idk I'm just remembering Wind Waker and Skyward Sword.

Also the fact you HAVE to physically touch it and this has been a very consistent thing leads me to believe that it doesn't passively grant it's power when completed. The only case where no one touched it was Skyward Sword at the very beginning of the franchise and even that was still done vua being in close proximity and needing to focus prayers directly on a single wish. And likewise I don't think Ganon was amped in LttP and Ganon already used his wish as discussed earlier.

Last edited:
Also, we've not seen anyone with the Full Triforce directly attached to their person IIRC.
And likewise I don't think Ganon was amped in LttP and Ganon already used his wish as discussed earlier.
Actually, I think Yuga and Ganon both did at one time but either way. (Or well, Yuga was gonna).
Also Link I think? Though that was extremely temporary, like, literally minutes at most.

Also Ganon was still using it in AlttP, the issue is more if it was being used to amp, because he was still definitely making use of its power in regards to like, wishes and shit.

Yuga didn't get to that point but he was clearly boosted by having an extra Triforce piece.
Or well, Yuga was gonna.
I know, but that was his plan.

Either way, this triforce amp shit has gone on long enough.
Sealing War Ganon scales to it as he took its power and merged it with his own.
SS Link doesn't.
If AlttP Ganon is that wish washy and has arguments for if he did or didn't and could go either way, just slap possibly on his ass and call it a day.

Alright, I moved the triforce amp to accepted and only scaling to Sealed War ganon.

so with that being said, since we don’t have any calcs right now on Malladus’ feat nor the Hylia and Demise feat, can we discuss the legitimacy of the Yuga light arrow feat?

Ganon Post OOT Downfall timeline but before AlttP.

Anyway.
My opinion but, calcing the SS feats that still need to be calced or feats for low end enemies would be the quickest and least controversial thing we can do to check off the list.
BOTW has, surprisingly, a handful of solid 9-A fodder feats we could calc. Though way more if we factor in AOC.

Can we at least finish the Yuga light arrows discussion? Cause that’s the only feat in discussion where we don’t need to wait for calcs.

I know Armor mentioned how it doesn’t check off the requirements of it being legit lightspeed, so we might as well get this feat out of the way.

I mean it's clearly just a light-imbued arrow unless there's some lore I'm not aware of. It's like throwing a flashlight at someone.

Going off of other threads do we know Ganon used ALL of thr power of the Triforce? Is it explicitly said? If not then like a certain other verse going through revisions right now we shouldn't use it.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? By using all of the triforce power you mean all of its abilities or is channeling its power? If the latter we have statements he got amped during the sealed war.

It's about being amped by the full triforce rather than just a part of it, I think

Dropping this so i don't forget, not that it matters because we have a FTL feat for BOTW anyway and the fact discussing speed of any kind should come after the AP shit .
🔫 👀
Something tells me this has been brought up, debunked, says something else in the jpn game, or was rejected, but just for the sake of it. Random line calling Guardian beams blue light.

Anyway for Yuga, yeah, they don't appear to be literal light in that game, or even have the properties of light, they're simply imbued with the light of the triforce (which is actually probably a based as **** AP scaling feat if anything, not a speed one).

Though I will say, in some games they do seem to be intended to act like light, BOTW for example (or at least take on the properties of light, move in straight line and dont dip unlike every other arrow, fly forever, actually faster than every other arrows and bow and has the fastest arrow speed in the game, not effected by gravity, pretty sure they trip light based puzzles, etc and even has a line like "fires the arrows straight and true, as if beams of light"/"it fires arrows of pure light", but we'd need to check the raws given BOTW has a wonky eng translation). Also spirit tracks too maybe? Idk I'd have to check.

But honestly, we best off just ******* with things we know to be actual light, like Beamos, some BOTW shit (like the actual laserbeams and shit), and like, actual natural sunlight.
Going off of other threads do we know Ganon used ALL of thr power of the Triforce? Is it explicitly said? If not then like a certain other verse going through revisions right now we shouldn't use it.
Look man, I know Mario is being done a bit dirty right now but let's not take it out on Zelda. We're doing that anyway and being extremely cautious on who scales and who doesn't with literally only one dude scaling of like, half a dozen who have had the thing.

Uh maybe?
Could probably do with a recalc but it might be legit still?

cfd3ba78543585c222e4c55945989ee5.png

6901251795_63f37c1ca6_o.jpg

Would these two maps be good for scaling the continent Malladus was going to destroy?

Can you elaborate on what you mean? By using all of the triforce power you mean all of its abilities or is channeling its power? If the latter we have statements he got amped during the sealed war.
As in how do we knoe Ganon absorbed all of it's power or used all of it's power? The Triforce can be Uni but it also functionally varies a ton based on how it works as a macguffin. How do we know Ganon was using it's full potency to maximum effect?

Do we know? Or is it just an assumption? If we have no proof then like the other threads on this it shouldn't be applied. It just wouldn't be consistent with how we treat other examples like this.

Not sure we can use the map to scale the size, I've been looking for a way to find size for New Hyrule and there doesn't seem to be anything we can get a size for to scale the rest of the map to. Since New Hyrule is called a continent could we use the size of Australia as the size of it?

Also since we're not gonna be using some of the Light Arrow stuff anymore, we should also remove the relativistic feat linked to base Ganondorf since the arrows in Wind Waker would fall under the same issues as the ones in ALBW.

Can we get any calc members to calc the remaining feats? Because that’s literally all that’s left for the feats thus far.

I've got a calc for the ether medallion that doesn't rely on map sizes (Since it's kinda bonkers trying to get a good size for ALTTPs map, the average house is like a tenth of the height of Death Mountain going by the ingame map you can look at and I cannot for the life of me find any statements in it or ALBW that gives a workable size for any area in the game) almost ready to go. So I can post that in a few minutes and get some calc members to evaluate it and tell me I'm wrong.

For Malladus.
That or just go with the smallest known definition of a continent IRL because I doubt a DS game of any kind, even when scaled in a generous way, would end up even a fraction of the size it's played off as.

But hey, low and high end for calcs could work.

Also, allegedly, post downfall Hyrule isn't quite a continent/country, it's stated to have dwindled due to the huge **** off war and is less a continent/country anymore and more like, something on a "regional" scale (historia or encyclopedia says this).
Which tells us about how big Hyrule is intended to be in Zelda 1/2 (and maybe AlttP?) and indirectly how big it is in OOT/TP/etc (in that it's at least a country in those games).
Can we get any calc members to calc the remaining feats? Because that’s literally all that’s left for the feats thus far.
I actually had some other feats in mind but unfortunately I can't do much to help atm or anything like that. Otherwise I'd have probably given a shot at some of these already.

Also, allegedly, post downfall Hyrule isn't quite a continent/country, it's stated to have dwindled due to the huge **** off war and is less a continent/country anymore and more like, something on a "regional" scale (historia or encyclopedia says this).
The encyclopedia on page 60 mentions that it shrinks down to a small regional power by the time ALTTP happens, so yeah post downfall Hyrule isn't the size of a country or continent.

I actually had some other feats in mind but unfortunately I can't do much to help atm or anything like that. Otherwise I'd have probably given a shot at some of these already.
Mind listing them?

Well we got some progress at least. Is calcing Hylia and Demise’s cloud feats possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back