• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably for the best imo.

Giant Mask -> Twinmold -> Light Arrows -> Ganondorf's durability -> Link's AP -> etc

So the plan is to ignore the ****** up final boss in WW where base Ganondorf can somehow withstand getting ass blasted with Light Arrows and just go the route of only his TOP self and those who scale being High 6-A?
Isn't he at least still connected to it? Cause you can see the mark on his hand when he went to knock out Zelda. Or is that simply an animation error?

It's either an error or he just has the mark of the Triforce but not the power of it, the Links from Adventure of Link and Oracles of Ages/Seasons have triforce marks on their hands but neither of them actually have it's power. I think Skyward Sword Link also gradually gets the mark of the Triforce well before he actually begins searching for it in the sky keep.

It's either an error or he just has the mark of the Triforce but not the power of it, the Links from Adventure of Link and Oracles of Ages/Seasons have triforce marks on their hands but neither of them actually have it's power. I think Skyward Sword Link also gradually gets the mark of the Triforce well before he actually begins searching for it in the sky keep.
Man that's so confusing. Why not make it consistent that having the mark means you have the piece?

Ganondorf:
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Capable of harming himself with his own magic)

Durability: Multi-Continent level (Can withstand being struck by Light Arrows, which are strong enough to damage Twinmold)

Twinmold:
Attack Potency: Multi-Continent level (Comparable to Link with the Giant's Mask, which grants him the might of one of the Four Giants)

Durability: Multi-Continent level (Can withstand numerous blows from Link with the Giant's Mask)

MM Link:
Attack Potency: Large Island level, Multi-Continent level with the Giant's Mask (The mask grants him the might of one of the Four Giants) and Light Arrows (The Light Arrows are strong enough to damage Twinmold)

Anyone whose fought Ganon doesn't really need their justifications changed to anything beyond just being able to fight Ganon
Just a quick reminder of what the justifications can look like if we go through with the upgrade.

'aight just got off work, guess since most including the staff who commented agreed I can make the changes in a little bit if nobody else has further objections.

Ok actually going to do it this time before I forget again. But before I do that I was wondering if a small note should be added to Ganons page to explain why we're gonna use light arrow scaling for his Triforce of Power key but not his base? Maybe something like "Ganondorf being able to withstand being struck by light arrows in his base form is considered too inconsistent as his much stronger Triforce of Power self still takes noticeable damage when being struck by them" or something along those lines?

Ok actually going to do it this time before I forget again. But before I do that I was wondering if a small note should be added to Ganons page to explain why we're gonna use light arrow scaling for his Triforce of Power key but not his base? Maybe something like "Ganondorf being able to withstand being struck by light arrows in his base form is considered too inconsistent as his much stronger Triforce of Power self still takes noticeable damage when being struck by them" or something along those lines?
If you're doing that, I'd suggest going a bit deeper because it's not just the light arrows, but even just the master sword and various other things he can tank that by all accounts should put him on his ass. I'd even say the master sword is the more blatant example of fucky scaling, or even just fucky narrative given how it's consistently portrayed as something that ***** far stronger ganon incarnations.

Maybe something like "Ganondorf being able to withstand being struck by light arrows in his base form is considered too inconsistent as his much stronger Triforce of Power self still takes noticeable damage when being struck by them" or something along those lines?
I'd go with something like
Note: Ganondorf's final battle from Wind Waker is considered to be an outlier for the sake of profiling. Versions of Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power and further power boosts have been shown to be notably staggered and rendered vulnerable by attacks from the Light Arrow and incredibly damaged by items such as the Master Sword. Ganondorf without the Triforce of Power withstanding multiple light arrow hits and Master Sword hits is inconsistent with his other stronger appearances and has been ignored for scaling purposes.

If you're doing that, I'd suggest going a bit deeper because it's not just the light arrows, but even just the master sword and various other things he can tank that by all accounts should put him on his ass. I'd even say the master sword is the more blatant example of fucky scaling, or even just fucky narrative given how it's consistently portrayed as something that ***** far stronger ganon incarnations.
Yeah just making a note of how ****** up the scaling is for base Ganon sounds good.

Note: Ganondorf's final battle from Wind Waker is considered to be an outlier for the sake of profiling. Versions of Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power and further power boosts have been shown to be notably staggered and rendered vulnerable by attacks from the Light Arrow and incredibly damaged by items such as the Master Sword. Ganondorf without the Triforce of Power withstanding multiple light arrow hits and Master Sword hits is inconsistent with his other stronger appearances and has been ignored for scaling purposes.
Yeah this works.

Although given how messed up the scaling for regular old 'dorf is even including the Master Sword should I also change his tier to unknown for now or should that just be left alone until a future CRT?

Although given how messed up the scaling for regular old 'dorf is even including the Master Sword should I also change his tier to unknown for now or should that just be left alone until a future CRT?
Depends in my view.
  • If you're planning on doing an CRT on it soon, just keep as is
  • If you aren't then make it unknown or just vaguely upscale him and WW Link to some other boss

I'll keep it as it is then for now since I am doing another CRT for some general scaling for many characters pretty soon, so I'll tackle base Ganondorf there.

Made the changes, everyone that was island level, likely multi-continent level is now straight up the latter. Some weird justifications for some of them but they'll all get proper full on reworks some point in the future to make their profiles actually good so eh.

'spose this can be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back