• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Link - Time Stop Addition

Long story short, most the TLOZ discussion thread were in agreement over if that state Link enters before activating Rewind, but I got cold feet on the issue if it really should count or not. As punishment for my crime, Gatememer has sentenced me to the Water Temple (presumably the original OOT version without instant inventory?).

With that in mind, Gatememer thinks it's still good practice for us to set up a quick CRT before adding it on, so how about you guys get this passed through while I end up strangled by a giant ameoba or smthn.

Aight agreed. The real question tho, how we treating this? Is Link not moving a game play thing because that'd be dumb as shit (well he moves his head and arms but ya know what I mean), or lore limitation?

I ask because Zelda can move freely when she uses recall, and Link CAN move, but just his head and arm, like **** if I know maybe it's a DIO thing where bro can see in time stop and look but cant move idk, but Zelda makes this an actual question. How this actually works would need to be explained in the Technique section to avoid confusion so we have to figure this out.

I'd say it's a gameplay thing, he can move his head and arms, Zelda moves freely when doing it, I think the devs decided he just stands still because otherwise that's just an infinite time stop the player can just abuse to run around without being threatened by anything. Although given that it's not his power it could also be he can't really focus hard enough without standing still.

I dunno just my 2 cents

Maybe we just add a note explaining it and how it might be a gameplay thing, or might not. With the evidence for each.

Who uh, wants to write it? I ain't exactly the TOTK dude so I feel this is more up your or CV's alley.

How about this?

"There is also a state in between first using it and activation where time is frozen and Link can fully observe the surrounding area, albiet he cannot move. It is hard to tell where the limits on movement are placed between canonical ability and gameplay restrictions, especially in consideration of Zelda's and Queen Sonia's ability for greater movment as presented in various cutscenes."

Maybe there's an argument to be made since Link lacks the profiency to use the time manipulation to its full potential, but that's just my current interpretation.
We could also place an end of page "Note:" piece about how one could pick either Limited or Full movement as a prompt before starting a Vs Thread.

Back