• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yung's Battle Party Tournament: A.A.H.W (Tricky the Clown & The Auditor) Vs. Swords 4 Hire (Shez & Taskmaster)

Oh, this one is going to be fun.
Tricky is overall a very unpredictable character, along with his erratic nature, he's just hard to predict in general. He can also receive Stats Amp from the Auditor (which is most likely going to be done within the prep time)

The Auditor is also nothing to sneeze at here. He's smart (Tricky is technically smarter but is generally the more insane of the two), can create weapons from himself, and him being made of fire (shadow?) just makes him hard to hit

Though, what might Shez and Taskmaster have?

Though, what might Shez and Taskmaster have?
Taskmaster main gimmick is his ability to copy, counter, and predict any fighting style after seeing it in action. Basically, any physical movement he sees he can instantly replicate at the same level of complexity as the original owner, and come up with countermeasures for it. Though he cannot directly counter superpowers or supernatural aspects of a character.

I made a brief skill description for him a while back, which I'll just post here:

Technique Mimicry profiency.

Taskmaster, after seeing a physical motion done can perfectly mimic it, regardless of complexity, as long as it is within his physical abilities to do so.

further confirmation that he only needs to see a technique once to mimic it

This extends not only to normal moves, but also things such as acrobatic skills and stealth mastery.

This even extends to A fighting style specifically crafted by an alien race with a different body type than his own, which included having superior brain functions and a lighter skeleton than any normal human could. Basically, he can copy fighting styles while having a physiology vastly different than the user, as long as his body can physically perform it.

Even supernatural martial arts, such as Chi, with the user needing decades to master the art, Taskmaster could master in minutes

Once he copies a fighting style, he instantly masters it, and can counter it within moments. Supported by Captain America stating he analyzes and counters techniques in seconds.

He's also skilled enough to perfectly teach it to somebody else. (His main business is actually training people in the styles he copies)

He is skilled enough to even counter Spider-Man's Spider-sense with skill alone.

In combat, he can effortlessly transition from any of his mastered styles, be it armed or unarmed.

The skill of his copied movements improves with each use, allowing him to even rival Fendral, who is considered one of the best Asgardian swordsman (Asgardians being a race of immortals that can have centuries worth of experience in combat)

Skills.

As a 7th-level fighter in Marvel, Taskmaster is a master of all forms of combat. Both armed and unarmed.

Knows pressure points that can cause immediate unconscious, and can hit someone precisely enough to cause instant death.

With his skills alone, he can constantly keep up with characters who far outstrip him in stats, such as Iron Man.

Can fight perfectly fine with his eyes closed.

His aim with a bow is repeatedly stated to be comparable to Hawkeye and can match even someone as skilled as Bullseye shot for shot.

In a stats-equal matchup, Taskmaster's skill in acrobatics and analytical prediction should make him rather difficult to tag effectively, depending on their skill level.

Alright, im going to start with Tricky, because we generally see him more in the series.

Tricky, in base form (the zombie clown) has been consistently shown to give most MC character trouble in CQC, Hank being one of them. He can also amplify his speed further, so he could potentially blitz the both of them (not to mention Auditor can also amplify his stats, just like his grunts when they go off to fight Hank)

As a Zed, Tricky also gains access to Instinctive Reaction, Immortality 1, 2, and 7 (2 and 7 being the more important here)

As for the Auditor, he's more likely to be sitting in the back while Tricky rips shet apart, he can rez Tricky if Tricky somehow dies, amplify his stats as previously mentioned, and assuming Auditor has the Halo, he could just simply try and absorb the two of them (however, this would also have Tricky be caught in this, and Auditor cannot absorb Tricky-)

Assuming Tricky can absorb Auditor, then, well, i dont know how Taskmaster is gonna skill his way outta that one. Only reason Hank managed it was because the Auditor helped him out

Hope that made sense

Oh yeah, i want to say, both Tricky and The Auditor have been able to match Hank in skill

Hank J Wimbleton

The immortal merc who is able to use just about anything, and i mean, ANYTHING he sees as a weapon. He's great at CQC, various types of guns, and has gained several power boosts throughout the series. Tricky, as soon as he was brought back as a zombie clown, has consistently been able to give Hank hell throughout his several incarnations.

Keeping with the power chain, the Auditor would be superior to Jebus, who to my knowledge would be able to match Hank/Tricky, both being superior to Sanford/Deimos. Both of the latter are also decent at CQC/ranged combat

But yeah, both of them are very skilled in combat in general, with Tricky's Immortality, being able to amp his speed to match/blitz, and the Auditor amplifying Tricky's speed and general power, along with being able to literally pull weapons from his form

(The Improbability Drive isnt combat applicable, so we can thankfully ignore that)

Tricky, in base form (the zombie clown) has been consistently shown to give most MC character trouble in CQC, Hank being one of them. He can also amplify his speed further, so he could potentially blitz the both of them (not to mention Auditor can also amplify his stats, just like his grunts when they go off to fight Hank)
Engaging Taskmaster in hand-to-hand combat isn't really advisable. The moment he see's Tricky's movements he would be able to pretty much mirror them exactly, and then counter them with one of his own. His mimicry is so potent he can STALEMATE comparable strength characters by doing nothing but using their own moves against them (He's done this against Daredevil for example). And that's without using any of the many...many other fighting styles in his arsenal.

A speed amp is impressive, however, Taskmaster can outright double his speed at a moment's notice, in addition to consistently being able to react to characters who are faster than himself (Such as Spider-Man) through skill and predictive ability.

As a Zed, Tricky also gains access to Instinctive Reaction, Immortality 1, 2, and 7 (2 and 7 being the more important here)
How does his instinctive reaction work? Taskmaster is skilled enough to overcome "Danger sense" level abilities at the level of Spider-Man's Spider-Sense, so he certainly won't be helpless here.

As for the Auditor, he's more likely to be sitting in the back while Tricky rips shet apart, he can rez Tricky if Tricky somehow dies, amplify his stats as previously mentioned, and assuming Auditor has the Halo, he could just simply try and absorb the two of them (however, this would also have Tricky be caught in this, and Auditor cannot absorb Tricky-)
Auditor would likely not have much of a chance to sit back when Shez is also on the team. Shez can rapidly close any distance between them with her teleportation, which she can use consecutively to disorient and outmaneuver her opponents. (The time is 14:39 on the linked vid).

She's an extremely aggressive fighter who can weave her movements with her ability to summon/desummon her sword in order to catch her opponent off guard for a lethal blow (8:33) making her difficult for even equally skilled opponents to fight against.

Shez has her own way of boosting her stats via "Awakening". This state not only drastically increases their attack potency (to the point they can fight on par with characters who were capable of easily overwhelming them in base). In addition, while this transformation is active, Shez cannot be brought down to zero hp, effectively making her unable to die for its duration by conventional means.

Would like to point out tricky is capable of negating IR. Unsure if he has it too (would make sense if he did if a soldat from A.A.H.W has it too).

Improb drive is going to play a big role in this too.

Improb Drive isnt really combat applicable, because its effects are just so random

Anyways, while Tricky and Taskmaster are figuring out their own issues, i wanna focus on the Auditor on this post. We're assuming hes got unlimited access to Jebus's Halo, but in general, the Auditor has shown decent combat skill in MC 8: Inundation (Video), from 4:19 onwards, we get some simple clashes from the Auditor and Jebus, the Auditor pretty clearly being seen creating weapons and teleporting away from Jebus's attack (granted, Jebus was infected by the Improb Drive, but Jebus has shown competent combat skill regardless)

MC 9: Aggregation also shows some more of his combat skills fighting Sanford and an enhanced Hank, though its at the tail end of the video and picks up at MC 10. The rest of the video shows his stat amping, weapon creation, and being able to move freely (remember, made of fire and the whatnot)

Abrogation is the best showcase of his abilities, in my opinion- he gets some decent screen time, and more stuff with the Halo. With what was previously mentioned, the Auditor is able to create buildings full of cannon fodder to wear down his opponents, and if they do somehow make it through- well, thats just more free stat amping through Absorbing them all. Hell, i'd even argue he'd try it on Shez if he so wishes (he just cant absorb Tricky, which is a decent problem here)

Granted, looking at Shez's profile, she does seem to have Electrical Manip, which IS able to harm the Auditor, though, Auditor could just absorb bodies to heal, use Telekinesis, or just retreat to an advantageous position to summon another building full of fodder, blah de blah

(I dont know if Shez would be able to sus out the Halo as Auditor's big source of power, but he's proven to be enough of a nuisance without it, and the Halo would probably also find Shez incompatible and zap her.)

Improb Drive isnt really combat applicable, because its effects are just so random

Anyways, while Tricky and Taskmaster are figuring out their own issues, i wanna focus on the Auditor on this post. We're assuming hes got unlimited access to Jebus's Halo, but in general, the Auditor has shown decent combat skill in MC 8: Inundation (Video), from 4:19 onwards, we get some simple clashes from the Auditor and Jebus, the Auditor pretty clearly being seen creating weapons and teleporting away from Jebus's attack (granted, Jebus was infected by the Improb Drive, but Jebus has shown competent combat skill regardless)

MC 9: Aggregation also shows some more of his combat skills fighting Sanford and an enhanced Hank, though its at the tail end of the video and picks up at MC 10. The rest of the video shows his stat amping, weapon creation, and being able to move freely (remember, made of fire and the whatnot)

Abrogation is the best showcase of his abilities, in my opinion- he gets some decent screen time, and more stuff with the Halo. With what was previously mentioned, the Auditor is able to create buildings full of cannon fodder to wear down his opponents, and if they do somehow make it through- well, thats just more free stat amping through Absorbing them all. Hell, i'd even argue he'd try it on Shez if he so wishes (he just cant absorb Tricky, which is a decent problem here)

Granted, looking at Shez's profile, she does seem to have Electrical Manip, which IS able to harm the Auditor, though, Auditor could just absorb bodies to heal, use Telekinesis, or just retreat to an advantageous position to summon another building full of fodder, blah de blah

(I dont know if Shez would be able to sus out the Halo as Auditor's big source of power, but he's proven to be enough of a nuisance without it, and the Halo would probably also find Shez incompatible and zap her.)
I never said the drive was combat applicable. I just said it's going to be a very big factor in the enviroment.

Anyways, i do want to mention both Tricky and i believe the Auditor both appear in Project: Nexus, though, i dont have much knowledge of the game. I dont think much would be added despite that (stats are equal, after all)

That i explained for Auditor should be it, though, Tricky has more material in the MC series to cover, along with Project: Nexus and other MC related media.
(Granted i dont think Shez or Taskmaster have a real way to actually kill Tricky, since he has three types of Immo, and The Auditor cant really be hurt by conventional, non-magical weapons.)

Project nexus adds a lot more info on trickys abilities and gives background knowledge on the auditor/employers. His considered a dark angel and the auditor we see in the series is just a physical avatar of what he actually is.

I havent heard much from Midas as for now, but im still thinking A.A.H.W is going to take this. Whats the wincons, btw?

Taskmaster would be able to give Tricky issues, because Taskmaster is able to find a counter to any and all fighting styles. However, i dont think Task has a way to actually "kill" Tricky, due to Immo Type 2 and 7, along with Telekinesis.

Shez is gonna give A.A.H.W more issues, considering she has more magic and ways to harm Auditor and Tricky, but she's going to be the only one who can actually hit the Auditor. Assuming the Auditor gains access to the Halo, he gains Jebus's powers as well.

But generally, both are skilled (Tricky being able to blitz Hank at some points, and The Auditor has been able to fight off Sanford and an enhanced Hank for an extended period of time, until he ended up absorbing Tricky (but since Tricky is in the same area, The Auditor would probably be unlikely to use it unless Shez is very close))

is able to create buildings full of cannon fodder to wear down his opponents, and if they do somehow make it through- well, thats just more free stat amping through Absorbing them all. Hell, i'd even argue he'd try it on Shez if he so wishes (he just cant absorb Tricky, which is a decent problem here)
Creating cannon fodder is a really bad idea for this match-up, generally. Shez has the stamina to mow down hundreds of enemies within the span of a single battle, and several of her abilities only get stronger the higher her HIT count is (Hit count is increased by hitting enemies)

One example of this is Shadowflash a passive ability that gives Shez's attacks a small chance to instantly kill a target when struck, which chance INCREASES based on the amount of hits she has been able to land.

Shez has a lot of electrical-based spells yes. And, as I said previously, retreating to an advantageous position would be difficult since Shez can freely teleport. On top of being highly acrobatic herself to the point she can rapidly hop across falling rubble to reach an opponent.

How does the Halo absorption stuff work?

Halo Absorption is pretty simple, it just sucks in things akin to a black hole, and the Auditor gains size/power after he consumes bodies in Abrogation. Its only been really shown consuming dead bodies littering the area, and not Hank/Sanford, so i dont know if thats just his Necromancy taking into effect, or true Absorption

Auditor shouldnt have much trouble keeping Shez away with Tele granted to him by the Halo, though Teleportation would kinda make this moot, soooo

Hell, Shez getting up close and personal with Auditor may be a bad thing, considering he can create weapons (presumably whatever he needs to eliminate a threat either far away or close up), he could probably make a high powered shotgun and blast her with the full force of buckshot

If it's just a suction ability, Shez could really just...teleport away, no? Even if it can absorb her, she could temporarily retreat and just pelt him with her spells from afar.

Shez's acrobatics and teleportation should allow her to keep pace with Auditor and keep pressuring him. Like you said they can both teleport so their shouldn't really be chance to open up much distance.

It's very unlikely for Shez to be caught off guard, due to her own instinctive reaction. Shez can dodge attacks without even needing to think beforehand, allowing her to avoid moves from someone she's "no match" for normally. This ability is so potent Shez could react to a point-blank sword slash that was launched while time was stopped, as shown here (1:50). Meaning Shez is likely going to react more than fast enough to simply teleport, destroy, or otherwise avoid any weapon Auditor chooses to create,

Hmmmmm, i see, this is going to be tricky

Going back to Taskmaster and Tricky, would Taskmaster have any way to put Tricky down for good, or at least incap him for long enough for the incap rules to take effect? it seems like Tricky would eventually, somehow, overwhelm and tire out Taskmaster and end up going for a kill (i dont know if Stamina is equalized, to be frank), but it sounds like it would happen eventually

Hmmmmm, i see, this is going to be tricky

Going back to Taskmaster and Tricky, would Taskmaster have any way to put Tricky down for good, or at least incap him for long enough for the incap rules to take effect? it seems like Tricky would eventually, somehow, overwhelm and tire out Taskmaster and end up going for a kill (i dont know if Stamina is equalized, to be frank), but it sounds like it would happen eventually
Depends.

Taskmaster has knowledge of pressure points, allowing him to cause immediate unconsciousness by hitting a nerve cluster. Considering he's copied the fighting styles of people like Daredevil, it's safe to say he can implement pressure points like this into his hand-to-hand combat.

I mean.....Tricky is a Zed, and not only that, he has a part of the Improb Drive stuck in his brain. I dont know if Pressure Point is going to work on.....well, i dunno
(Oh yeah i checked the Nevadean Physiology page for the Zed part, yeah, they do resist Instinctive Reaction stuff. That may cause Taskmaster issues if he doesnt instantly go for Pressure Point stuff)

I mean.....Tricky is a Zed, and not only that, he has a part of the Improb Drive stuck in his brain. I dont know if Pressure Point is going to work on.....well, i dunno
(Oh yeah i checked the Nevadean Physiology page for the Zed part, yeah, they do resist Instinctive Reaction stuff. That may cause Taskmaster issues if he doesnt instantly go for Pressure Point stuff)
Anyways here you go.

Auditor described as a dark angel

And Employers (from what I and a few others know) are also conceptual beings with stygian being the concept of death. And auditor being one of peace against Nevada's growing chaotic state. It's even been stated by WOG that whenever auditor interacts with Nevada he has to make himself inferior (dimensionally) and his appearance takes on the form of his flamey body.

Now the thing about tricky is mostly related to dissonance and improbability. And I can continue to link more stuff and etc but I think it's better for me to bring @Comiphorous to this thread since I've moved to a new laptop and uhh getting sources ain't exactly easy rn.

Then i guess auditor exists and kills them overtime. neither can actually touch the auditor since he has layered Intangibility.
Oh yeah, by the way, just make sure to read the main tournament page, which restricts Godly hax (offensive and defensive)- wanted to let you know

Oh yeah, by the way, just make sure to read the main tournament page, which restricts Godly hax (offensive and defensive)- wanted to let you know
His intangibility isn't really a Godly hax, since it's not passive at all, but he turns it on when engaging in combat which kinda makes it difficult to hit him.

Also pressure points aren't gonna do much to a tricky since not only is his anatomy completely different, his a zombie/zed. Which means his body is already ****** to begin with.

As for auditor. Well...

So, im just gonna ask, what are the votes leaning on? Im pretty sure A.A.H.W has the edge here over Swords 4 Hire, though, i dont know what the others thing

Back