• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yung's Battle Party Tournament: Dark Stars (Starjun & Uryu Ishida) Vs. Fingers (Sans & Nagito)

I believe Dark Stars pretty concretely defeats Fingers. Sans's Soul Manipulation is nigh useless in this thread since Uryu has vastly superior Soul Manipulation scaling and Starjun possess his own innate resistances, alongside some pretty interesting ways to counter such abilities as well. Starjun, in-character, starts off by layering Back Channels across his entire body to create a lag in space-time, which, alongside his Gourmet Clairvoyance, allows him to essentially see into the future. While the precognition here isn't all that important, what is important is that Back Channels relocate the user's body, mind, and soul into an entirely separate spatial-temporal dimension that blocks off any interaction with them which require similar spatial-temporal existence to occur. Which means, unless Sans has Inter-Dimensional range, or the ability to bypass dimensions, he ain't affecting Starjun with his stuff. This also makes him invisible to those who haven't consumed PAIR, which is important to note since the act of seeing things like souls or non-physical objects isn't enough to perceive literal fabrics of space-time.

Nagito is useless in this since Starjun blatantly resists more superior from of Supernatural Luck, and Uryu's "The Antithesis" just supersedes Supernatural Luck by the sheer fact it's a direct counter towards The Almighty, which is just Fate Manipulation. It's also just an all-around superior ability as well, the ability works by reversing events which have already occurred. If Nagito uses Supernatural Luck to dodge an attack for example, Uryu can just reverse the event of him dodging the attack and the attack landing to make it so the attack lands instead of misses.

Starjun and Uryu also just have abilities that neither character can do much against: Starjun can spatially-temporally BFR you into another dimension that he has free control over, manipulating its space, time, gravitational forces etc. Starjun can sneak up on both characters with his invisibility and attack them when their guard is down. Starjun can spatially separate objects by teleporting them into different dimensions, effectively bypassing durability and negating regeneration which requires spatial existence to occur.

While Uryu can erase both characters existences with his arrows. Uryu can use "The Antithesis" to reverse events that have occurred between two targets, so he can redirect damage done to himself onto another, or, theoretically, redirect damage done to an object like a rock or tree, onto another.

With this all said, I believe I pretty concretely proved that Dark Stars win this match convincingly, and without issue.

Deceived FRA, I’ll let the other side give their arguments before sliding a complete vote. But considering this is one of Deceived and my teams I’m strongly agreeing with Deceived assessment.

Can you explain what that means
l6CXcJN.png

Then I see no reason why Starjun would be subject to its effects, given how back channels work. Which is a technique that Starjun in character opens with.

What I’m calling into question is something such as the range of effect of said ability. Since it could function like law manip, but if that law isn’t fundamentally shared across every spacetime, then you cannot claim such.

Another question, as per the wording of the ability, it restricts Info Analysis and Social Influencing (and similar) abilities?

Each run in UT is currently accepted as a different timeline, but don't think that really works, right?
Another question, as per the wording of the ability, it restricts Info Analysis and Social Influencing (and similar) abilities?
Most of Frisk's PnA, since they stem from the ACT button, which they can't use cause it isn't their turn

Each run in UT is currently accepted as a different timeline, but don't think that really works, right?
I don't think so unless Sans stops all the timelines, rather than just whatever one he is currently in.

Most of Frisk's PnA, since they stem from the ACT button, which they can't use cause it isn't their turn
In that case, Sans' ability doesn't prevent Uryu's Antithesis from reversing the effect of his ability back onto Sans, making it so Sans cannot "take a turn indefinitely". Given Frisk doesn't have any ability that is akin to the Antithesis.

So, Starjun's back channels prevent him from being affected, and Uryu reverses it back to Sans. I don't see how this ability changes the outcome in the face of Deceived's argument.

Don't think you can really reverse nothing, that's what sans describes it as, just doing nothing
Uryu would reverse who's doing nothing with the Antithesis. Aka it would be Sans who is now doing nothing, as per your own admission his "doing nothing" is applicable to Frisk and Frisk-like abilities.

Reverse to what tho
sans is the one doing nothing
Ok, poor wording on my part. Basically, Sans forces the opponent to not be able to attack and use certain abilities by extending his turn indefinitely. What Uryu's Antithesis would do is reverse that, such that Uryu and Starjun's turn is extended indefinitely instead, preventing Sans and the other dude from attacking or using certain abilities. Does that make sense?

Back