• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu Yu Hakusho Main General Discussion

I’m currently watching the anime atm, but are there any major differences between the anime and the manga that should I know?

Hello, new here

First I want to say it's about time to see Yu Yu Hakusho getting some attention here (Been YEARS) so hopefully YYH gets some proper treatment it deserves

As for favorite characters;

Hiei

Kurama

Yusuke

Botan

Yukina

Bui

Koto

Raigo

Toguro (Younger)

Mukuro

As for which I prefer between the anime and manga, mostly the anime. But the manga is good in its own way

Anywho, nice to meet y'all

And let's remember we might have a third kind of profiles in the future...

yuyu-netflix.jpg

Dude what arcs would they even cover? Like deadass all these awful live action remakes don’t cover that much
Considering it will be a live action series I suppose the first season could adapt the Spirit Detective Saga, up to the first conflict with the Toguro Brothers

And IMO, japoneses productions only, Shonen Jump has one of the best (Least bad) Records regarding adaptations (Ruroni Kenshin, Death Note, hell, even the Bleach one was okay for what I heard)

So yeah, maaaaybe it will not be as bad as we think

It is the Brazilian dub i grew up with, criticize it is considerate a hate crime here, just saying 💀

But yeah, the island seems smaller if compared with the manga
Actually I don't know, The manga might be the best source after all. We get a full view of the island from overhead in that episode and we don't see the second arena. we also get statements of characters getting lost and walking for hours on the island which would be very weird if the island was only a few hundred meters wide. I think this should just be chalked up as anime sizes being inconsistent and animators not caring.

Back