• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ayanokoji vs Yu (The Boxer)

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Since he's becoming more popular recently, time to put him against Yu.

Both are 9-C.

Speed is equalized.

Ayano is at his peak.

Ayano is 4kj, Yu is at the upper limit of 9kj.

Yu: 0

Ayano: 0

Incon: 0

I think Ayanokouji is going through an ability thread atm. This should be put on hold.

Really interesting matchup btw

Seems like a pretty easy win for Ayanokouji.

Forgive me if I get this wrong but Yu only knows boxing ? If so he wont be able to last against someone who is proficient in multiple martial arts with a much higher stamina rating. Neither will be able to land a hit for a period of time (due to anpr) but eventually Yu will tire out and will be out-fought by Ayanokouji.

Forgive me if I get this wrong but Yu only knows boxing ?
I mean, sure, he can master stuff pretty fast and has power mimicry tho.
If so he wont be able to last against someone who is proficient in multiple martial arts with a much higher stamina rating. Neither will be able to land a hit for a period of time (due to anpr) but eventually Yu will tire out and will be out-fought by Ayanokouji.
Yu have an high level of AnP resistence and has decent pressure points, one is a Ko if he hits correctly, but yeah, stamina is his weakness in his first key.

I'm pretty sure Ayanokouji has also an high level of AnP based on how he predicts stuff generally tho.

Yu have an high level of AnP resistence
Being more skilled then someone does not mean you have a resistance to anpr.
and has decent pressure points, one is a Ko if he hits correctly, but yeah, stamina is his weakness in his first key.
If he hits. Which he wouldn't, the fight wouldn't go on for to long, Yu would tire out quite quickly resulting in an eventual win for Ayanokouji.

Being more skilled then someone does not mean you have a resistance to anpr.
First, it's accepted so it doesn't really matter if you disagree with it

Second, yes, it does if the dude you are more skilled than has AnP resistence, like, any genius in the verse has both AnP and resistence to it and Yu violates all of them in skill.

EDIT: oh, Yu also sees Ayanokouji in slow motion

Yeah, Yu kinda fodderizes dudes who has AnP and their resistances are kinda meaningless. There is like a huge scaling chain, and Yu is kinda... above all of them even at the start of the series.

Not to mention Yu's slow-mo reaction speed, and the fact that he scales laughably above Ryu, etc, etc...

First, it's accepted so it doesn't really matter if you disagree with it
Sigh... I fail to understand (seriously) how being more skilled then someone with anpr means you have a resistance to it. Would you explain it ?

If not then I'll just make a downgrade thread.

Sigh... I fail to understand (seriously) how being more skilled then someone with anpr means you have a resistance to it. Would you explain it ?
I'll just say he can replicate movements of someone who has AnP resistence (Ryu) and that's it.

And how does he have anpr resistance ?
Because he can't be read by someone who has AnP as base of his fighting style, Siha uses the first round (but he technically needs less time) to memorize everything about you, timing, patterns and anything he can use to read you and in the second round he kinda predicts everything, this guy can't read Ryu

Yeah, Yu kinda fodderizes dudes who has AnP and their resistances are kinda meaningless. There is like a huge scaling chain, and Yu is kinda... above all of them even at the start of the series.
Ayanokouji's AnPr doesn't work like Yu's AnPr. Yu resists pattern reading and pre-movement micro-movements afaik.

Because he can't be read by someone who has AnP as base of his fighting style, Siha uses the first round (but he technically needs less time) to memorize everything about you, timing, patterns and anything he can use to read you and in the second round he kinda predicts everything, this guy can't read Ryu
This made no sense but I read Ryu's profile sandbox and saw his resistance.

This would be a stomp and you know it.

Anyways, for starters, every boxer in verse has AnP, including the pretty shitty ones. Then, comes this guy, who can read your heartbeat, blood flow, rhythms, attack patterns, etc... and download all of that information like a computer, then proceed to fodderize you. This guy couldn't read Ryu (Another pretty douchy Boxer), and was effortlessly defeated by Ryu, to the point that Siha outright stated that Ryu is a monster. Then Ryu, the same dude who couldn't be read and could read other people, got fodderized by Yu, to the point the dude got ******* traumatized. No matter what Ryu did, Yu just read him. Siha also stated that he doesn't stand a chance against Yu.

And this is just like, the beginning. There are dudes like Jean, who are ******* disgusting, and yet got fodderized by Yu as well.

No, it isn't. It isn't even the fight of AP and stuff tbh, they are pretty much going to do a skill-fight.
Yu is going to land a hit and Ayanokouji wont be able to counter it because Yu has both anpr and resistance to anpr. Consantly doing this ends in Ayanokoujis demise.

Anyways, for starters, every boxer in verse has AnP, including the pretty shitty ones. Then, comes this guy, who can read your heartbeat, blood flow, rhythms, attack patterns, etc... and download all of that information like a computer, then proceed to fodderize you. This guy couldn't read Ryu (Another pretty douchy Boxer), and was effortlessly defeated by Ryu, to the point that Siha outright stated that Ryu is a monster. Then Ryu, the same dude who couldn't be read and could read other people, got fodderized by Yu, to the point the dude got ******* traumatized. No matter what Ryu did, Yu just read him. Siha also stated that he doesn't stand a chance against Yu.

And this is just like, the beginning. There are dudes like Jean, who are ******* disgusting, and yet got fodderized by Yu as well.
heartbeat? blood flow?

Anyways, Ayanokouji's AnPr isn't pattern recognition like learning of rhythms or attack patterns. He just needs to know the upper limit of a fighter and then he pretty much just predicts every move, he can even do it with intuition.

heartbeat? blood flow?
yeah, when he met Jay for the first time he touched him and could sense his heartbeat and his blood flow and at that point he already started to read him.

Jean can also sense his entire body even in more details.

Yu scales higher than both of course.

heartbeat? blood flow?

Anyways, Ayanokouji's AnPr isn't pattern recognition like learning of rhythms or attack patterns. He just needs to know the upper limit of a fighter and then he pretty much just predicts every move, he can even do it with intuition.
Yeah, and there is Jean who is also above this guy, and then Yu... is kind of just... way way higher.

Also, if the AnP of Ayano isn't specified or is just "I know ur upper limit, I can predict ur every move now lol" then it falls into NLF. I don't see why Yu couldn't just predict the living shit out of him and defeat him.

Also, there is a character who can use his instincts and shit to dodge, and that guy just-- got fodderized by Yu.

Honestly, should I change this to Ryu, Jean, or Siha?

yeah, when he met Jay for the first time he touched him and could sense his heartbeat and his blood flow and at that point he already started to read him.
Oh, so he is pretty much like Kouenji who can predict your doings, physical stats and can even predict what you aim for via just sensing the heat emitted by your body.

Also, if the AnP of Ayano isn't specified or is just "I know ur upper limit, I can predict ur every move now lol" then it falls into NLF. I don't see why Yu couldn't just predict the living shit out of him and defeat him.
What is NLF?

Anyhow, I have some explanations regarding people like Tsukishiro and Shiba also having AnPr (where they literally resist this "I know your upper limit" thing, also Suzune). And I am planning to pop up a CRT for many characters uh.

Back