• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young girls shouldn't be warring - Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs Tanya Dugerechaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Tanya's shields are like a toggle ability. She can activate or deactivate them whenever she wants. So in a fight, she would of course have them active.

She's only MHS in combat speed. They're granted distance from each other. Regardless of how fast Ruby's hands moves Tanya is gonna have enough time to fly away or react by raising her shields. And starting off the fight in the sky is useful when the enemy's only MHS moves are her swings and melee attacks.

And yeah prep time would already have the users set to fighting the other.

And there are more than enough for both sides so this is Tanya's win. I'll give it the grace period now.

@COB Combat speed = burst speed, always has, plus it also applies to Ruby's Semblance

Ruby would blitz

In R2, since there's prep time, Tanya can activate her shield and fly off.

In R1, it really depends on where Tanya starts. If she's already in the sky, then she's safe because Ruby's AP can't go through Tanya's defenses, while Tanya's AP can go through Ruby's defense and Tanya can activate her shield while in the air. But if Tanya starts R1 on the ground, then Ruby would probably blitz her before she activates the shield.

@Weekly then might as well edit her profile to detail that then.

Also why are you guys arguing about speed unequalized? It's not as if Ruby is that far off DC wise. But if I do unequalize speed Tanya is going to start in the air for balance sake.

@COB It's already on her profile though...

And yes her DC is far off, Town level and Multi-City Block level are quite a ways apart

...No, she's nowhere near Town level, she's Multi-City Block level and Small Town level only with the Silver Eyes which she has no control over and is currently unable to use even if she wanted to because she has no idea how to use them...

Even with unequalized speed, Tanya takes it due to flight as discussed above. Presumably, Tanya should have about the same "Activation time" between all of her magic (IE, the rate at which she can do the thing necessary to activate it). With how fast she's proven to be able to bring up her shield, she should just make it off the ground within a second of Ruby getting within attack range. In either case, Ruby can't do anything to Tanya, especially once she gets in the air, where Crescent Rose lacks the sheer power it has when used as a melee tool in conjunction with Ruby's speed, instead of a purely ranged tool.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Then why is i kept there if every debate involving her doesn't involve her?
Umm, what?

If you're asking why the rating is kept there, we aren't removing it just because she can't control it. She has valid feats that we aren't going to flagrantly ignore.

It's a matter of a character having the potiental to reach a level of destruction, but not on a whim. Like Gurren Lagann couldn't go full Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann at the drop of a hat / without the aid of several other independent individuals if it didn't start the match in that configuration.

@Elbert With unequalized speed Hypersonic Tanya isnt activating anything faster than Massively Hypersonic Ruby can attack

@The Ever Lasting

Typed that on phone, bad phrasing in my part. I had the full intention of being used here so I'm more confused as to why Weekly is not allowing it. But nevermind that.

Either way even with unequalized speed Ruby isn't gonna touch Tanya once she's in the air. And if it has to be unequalized speed I'm making it so the distance between them is big since otherwise it's a stomp on another direction. And I'm pretty sure some barriers are allowed to be active, and once more "Prep time" allows to toggle it beforehand.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Either way even with unequalized speed Ruby isn't gonna touch Tanya once she's in the air.
...Despite the fact that Ruby's Semblance gives her flight...?

When used in conjuction with physics and Crescent Rose's absurd recoil, maybe. But that's more falling with style, than anything. Where's it stated / shown that she can fly? Actually fly. Not just hop around with Crescent Rose.

It doesn't change that Tanya's shields are stronger than Ruby's attacks, and Tanya's attacks are stronger than Ruby's durability, so Tanya wins in R2 no matter what.

@CoreOfimBalance(COB) : Is Ruby pre-timeskip or post-timeskip in this fight? Also, for R1, does Tanya start the fight in the sky or on the ground?

Besides that, even if Ruby can fly, Tanya is able to reach heights where breathing for humans becomes an issue. Tanya's magic and blessed operation orb allow her to overcome this, but Ruby would have no such protections. Especially if her body was already stressed from moving at hypersonic speeds.

Elbert Doomray said:
When used in conjuction with physics and Crescent Rose's absurd recoil, maybe. But that's more falling with style, than anything. Where's it stated / shown that she can fly? Actually fly. Not just hop around with Crescent Rose.
Literally all of season 4...

With speed equalized Ruby has literally no way to win, its a Town level vs a MCB level.

With prep time and unequalized speed Ruby still has no way to win as she has no way to get through Tanya's pre-activated shields.

With unequalized speed and no prep time Ruby blitzes and oneshots through Tanya's Building level base durability.

No matter how you look at it this is a mismatch...

Elbert Doomray said:
Besides that, even if Ruby can fly, Tanya is able to reach heights where breathing for humans becomes an issue. Tanya's magic and blessed operation orb allow her to overcome this, but Ruby would have no such protections. Especially if her body was already stressed from moving at hypersonic speeds.
She wouldnt be able to fly fast enough to escape Ruby though

Really? You don't think Great speed advantage + MCB attacks vs Great defense + meh speed is a good match? You just keep on claiming it's a spie when it's closer than it seems....

With how you're saying in unequalized speed and with prep time you make it seem like the moment Tanya puts it up any attack of hers is useless when she can use freaking said speed + attacks to hit a hellova lot. And if it isn't obvious enough I'll add this here then just to make it closer then.

In speed equalized, Ruby is granted the use of Silver Eyes.

@COB Except its really not. MCB vs Town level is a stomp and Ruby wont be able to even scratch her barriers.

With prep time she'd have her barrier pre-activated so anything Ruby can do is instantly useless.

Giving her Silver Eyes is completely useless since she still has no idea how to use them...

Because, for R1, with unequalized speed:

a) If Ruby is post-timeskip and they both start in the air, or both start on the ground: Ruby one-shot blitzes due to Tanya's being not fast enough to activate her shield.

b) If Ruby is post-timeskip, Tanya starts in the air but Ruby on the ground: it depends how fast Ruby can reach Tanya from where she is... Must she first start flying & balancing herself and only then can she dash at Tanya? Or can she just straight-out propel herself on Tanya? If it's the former, Tanya probably has time to put her barrier. If it's the latter, Ruby one-shot blitzes.

c) If Ruby is pre-timeskip and both start on the ground: Ruby one-shot blitzes.

d) If Ruby is pre-timeskip and Tanya starts in the air, then Ruby can't touch Tanya since there's no altitude limit for her and she can activate her shield no problem.

So, what Key Ruby are you using? And where does Tanya start in R1?

GoldenScorpions said:
b) Must she first start flying & balancing herself and only then can she dash at Tanya? Or can she just straight-out propel herself on Tanya? If it's the former, Tanya probably has time to put her barrier. If it's the latter, Ruby one-shot blitzes.
Its the latter

Alright, so the only way for Tanya to win in R1 is if she starts in the air and Ruby is pre-timeskip.

So, which is it, COB?

Then give the knowledge of her being able to use them. Or put her in bloodlust, that's how it happened in the series anyway.

For fairness sake we redo all scenarios then, but this time it's both V1-3 Ruby, and V4. And then the result of the match or verdict would be from the fairest of them all.

And I'm not even sure if it's her barrier itself that's Town level or if it's just the attack. I know for certain her shields are MCB level so it might be a lot closer than you think if you'd just stop repeating stomp all the time. Not that it changes much.

...Thats not what happened at all, they only activated from the severe trauma of watching one of her closest friends be murdered right in front of her...

Her shields are listed as Town level so...

Alright so no conditions are met. Let's change it up again then. Ruby, after some time of fighting will see a video of one of her close friends dying. Judging Tanya it's not out of character for her to use these tactics but for the sake of freaking using that ability I'm doing everything.

No even gonna bother with this part. Someone's gotta update that then but then again oudated on the manga and LN so what do I know.

@COB

Dude, stop trying to make this fight possible, it just isn't.

If the page is outdated stop trying to make matches, especially if the current stats make the fight a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back