• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Young girls shouldn't be warring - Ruby Rose (RWBY) vs Tanya Dugerechaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodging bullets, shooting down enemies with explosives, cutting them down, all with a manic grin or a happy smile. Good vs evil right here. Hunter vs Devil. Who wins between these two?

Ruby Rose vs Tanya Degurechaff

Battle - In a US Military base in C&C

Round 1 - Standard Battle Conditions. Speed equalized.

Round 2 - Minor prep time. Speed equalized. Tanya is limited to flying low.

Tanya, both rounds. Ruby's shown the ability to use a form of flight with her speed, but it's definitely not sustainable. Thus, her only recourse would be to use Crescent Rose's sniper function.

Tanya's shields have been shown to be able to prevent harm from being struck head on with an artillery shell, so unless Ruby's dust-augmented rounds can overpower that, it'd be a simple matter of attrition, even if we ignored the fact that her rifle can shoot a round comparable to a nuke, if the writers of her vs battles page are to be believed. Ruby can't tank a single serious hit from Tanya, nor can she pierce her shield barring something I'm not aware of.

On the off chance that it's possible for her to somehow pierce Tanya's shields, we need to take into consideration that Tanya is by far Ruby's intellectual superior. Ruby is easily thrown off by Tyrion, who is, quite simply, a raving madman. Tanya is a high-functioning madman, easily able to devise any ruse necessary to put Ruby off her game. Heck, Tanya'd probably do that naturally, her 'cold-and-logical' personality rubbing against Ruby's contrasting 'hopeful, naieve' archetype.

On the matter of prep, it might be possible to return the battle to a bout of pure attrition if Ruby were smart enough to realize that she could probably use her speed to blaze around until Tanya ran out of mana and was forced to end her flight. Even then, that's doubtful, considering the aforementioned's ability to produce an effect similar to a nuke on command without much visible effort. Ruby could very well be caught in the blast radius, even with her speed, though that would go down to pure calculations of her speed vs. Tanya's, and the radius of her AoE attacks. Even then, Tanya's mental superiority would still be a major factor, one which Ruby would be hardpressed to defeat at this point in her character developement. The 'naieve, hopeful dreamer' bit. Given a more few volumes, they might be on more equal footing in that regard.

Oh, and bump.

Well tbf the nuke had to charge up and she had to fly up to use it I think, also I'm the one that wrote that ^^ then again even if it isn't on that level it bypasses conventional durability it seems with the poisoning effect. Either way it's probably not gonna be utilized on Round 2.

And even with Ruby being comparatively faster than Tanya in Round 1?

Speed equalized in round one, I think. In either case, however, Ruby has no way of breaking Tanya's shields, nor does she have an particular ability to counter Tanya from simply taking her down from afar except abusing her speed to run away.

In that case, my point about Tanya's clear mental superiority comes into play. Take that how you will, but I take it as Tanya being able to maneuver Ruby into a fatal mistep.

Tanya already has a page huh, if her blast is the equivalent of a nuke why is she town level and not city level? Now i haven't read the LN but if this nuke bullet is what i saw in ep 2 then from what i remember she has to be in at high alttitudes to do it, it also sucks out all the oxygen when used and also poisons with carbon monoxide i think, i don't remember it being confirmed to be a nuke though.

Her speed is iffy i think, she is clearly supersonic, blocking bullets and flying and creating sonic booms and what not but you need a calc to prove that she is hypersonic. Also what's with her durability? I am guessing it's street level without magic or something, but where does building level come from? Also her ap isn't normally town level that takes time, her normal ap should be added.

Oh, I forgot to change that. Oh well. Well she may have sufficient firepower since I'm sure Nevermeos take a couple of artillery shots to go down. And Ruby can also use that shift into red cloak thingy.

And true, she is a genius in combat.

1 for Tanya.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Tanya already has a page huh, if her blast is the equivalent of a nuke why is she town level and not city level?
Nukes are typically in the kiloton range, not megaton.

I'd assume building level is due to her shield. It tanked a direct hit from an artillery shell without any obvious strain or effect, in less than ideal circumstances. Namely, being erected a split second or so before the shell hit. As for the nuke, you're probably right. Her regular magical bullets, however, still outclass anything Ruby can resist, nor can Ruby hurt Tanya.

Hypersonic comes from that too actually, since she only reacted at the last moment or at least raised her arm inches from when it was about to reach her in Episode 1. And yup I made the profile page so as expected some parts are a bit whoozy.

Let's hope psycho loli salary man gets better

This is the raw text of the scene. Tanya's at an altitude of 12k feet, firing down to 8k feet and below. Should be noted that she is simultaenously maintaining the necessary bubble of oxygen and her flight magic while using this.

At that moment, a process similar to the vaporization of a thermobaric explosion was initiated. Mana in the purest condensed form was rapidly discharged at a rate which could not be fathomed. Explosions began to formulate through the heating of the discharged mana, and as they dispersed and made contact with the open air, a wide area unconstrained mana-induced explosion was initiated. The drastic changes in atmospheric pressure could bring on acute pulmonary atelectasis and lung congestion, and furthermore causes the already thin concentration of oxygen level in the air to drop below to a critical level. Experiencing hypoxia and carbon monoxide poisoning at an altitude of 8000 feet would cause even the most well-trained aerial mages to black out and fall. In unlucky situations where if one were to somehow barely hold-on and maintain their consciousness, they would soon experience horrendous amount of pain in an unimaginable way. This torturous experience was brought on by a series of acute pulmonary atelectasis and carbon monoxide poisoning, coupled with the various symptoms caused from the drastic drop in arterial blood-oxygen level within the body. "Tshh, … geho … ahek." Even Tanya who was outside the effective range of the attack experienced difficulty in breathing due to the lack of oxygen. It was hard to imagine the situation of those caught within. Should they somehow manage to survive, the most they could do would be to barely maintain their altitude, and that might not even last much longer due to the phenomenon formed from the aftereffects of unconstrained mana-induced explosion, causing a widespread influx of mana interference noise. This not only caused disruptions to wireless communication, but even made it difficult to maintain sustained spells like flight, making it impossible for the battle to continue. Although the low visibility which arose from the smoke clouds could still make things troublesome, it was easy to imagine the outcomes of those caught within a direct blast radius of the spell.

Le bump.

I'll add my two cents in on any altitude requirement for the 'nuke' bullet. There is none, though Tanya would be caught within the radius of the blast. Which appears to be 5k feet into the air, maximum effectiveness, if even she was somewhat caught up in the effects at such a difference in altitude. That would put her at needing around 7k altitude when using it on the land-bound Ruby. An altitude only 1k higher than the standard in which even mook Military mage grunts can preform complex, magic-based warfare. Are expected to, even.

My vote goes to Tanya.

She is a better strategist and tactician, she possesses sutained flight, she is more experienced at fighting humans, she will take advantage of any and all opportunities and advantages to the point of blatant ruthlesness and while she ca run out of mana Ruby can run out of aura too.

Um isn't this kinda stompish? I mean Ruby has literally no advantage whatsoever. If speed wasn't equalized then that'd be only one advantage (granted a big one)

It was created back during the first one-three episodes of Youjo Senki, when the page was still new. It's gone through several revisions as far as I can see. Best guess is that Tanya was closer to Ruby's stats back then.

With equalized speed, Tanya wins this. Her spells could easily break through Ruby's defenses, and she can fly much better and higher than Ruby. Tanya's shield also protects her well enough.

Tanya does have enough votes, though. She's winning 7-0 right now.

But should this be redone? Even with unequalized speed, I still vote Tanya; Ruby won't break her shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back