• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yoriichi Tsugekuni (Kimetsu no Yaiba) VS Berserker Armour Guts (Berserk)

Does the Berserk Armor itself not just kill Guts after a period of time? Since it keeps damaging his body and he keeps bleeding, I thought eventually he'd die on his own.

What is the longest Guts has lasting while actively using that armor?
The armor does nothing to Guts inherently, it rather does the opposite, the armor doesn't damage his body, it actually holds it together and prevents it from failing or being broken, it prevents him from dying for the most part. The armor will not piece him back together unless he took damage to do that in the first place, the armor's main flaw is that it induces madness and lack of control/pain.
What does happen though is that Guts no longer has self restraint and will actively attack with such force, that it could hurt himself, such as slamming his sword with such tremendous backing he breaks his arm. But the armor doesn't kill, what happens is Guts kills himself, though that would take an extremely long time to happen.

It also isn't as big a point as one might think, this was only ever brought up and became a issue in one instance, and that was a instance where Guts was already basically dead before hand (to the point they gave him the armor in the first place), in every following fight with the armor, when he goes in "fresh", the lack of restraint and selfharm never becomes a issue, or is even said to be happening, in fact, in some cases every injury we know he has, came from foes, not himself despite having fought in the armor for quite awhile.

Tbh, the whole selfharm thing I'm pretty sure wouldn't come into play unless Guts does something like slam his sword against an impervious wall or something durable to the point that even with all his might and going beyond his limit, he'd get the full brunt of the shock back and break his arms or something. One out of like over half a dozen examples of this happening isn't exactly a good play at it being a consistent factor in matches.

The armor does nothing to Guts inherently, it rather does the opposite, the armor doesn't damage his body, it actually holds it together and prevents it from failing or being broken, it prevents him from dying for the most part. The armor will not piece him back together unless he took damage to do that in the first place, the armor's main flaw is that it induces madness and lack of control/pain.
What does happen though is that Guts no longer has self restraint and will actively attack with such force, that it could hurt himself, such as slamming his sword with such tremendous backing he breaks his arm. But the armor doesn't kill, what happens is Guts kills himself, though that would take an extremely long time to happen.

It also isn't as big a point as one might think, this was only ever brought up and became a issue in one instance, and that was a instance where Guts was already basically dead before hand (to the point they gave him the armor in the first place), in every following fight with the armor, when he goes in "fresh", the lack of restraint and selfharm never becomes a issue, or is even said to be happening, in fact, in some cases every injury we know he has, came from foes, not himself despite having fought in the armor for quite awhile.

Tbh, the whole selfharm thing I'm pretty sure wouldn't come into play unless Guts does something like slam his sword against an impervious wall or something durable to the point that even with all his might and going beyond his limit, he'd get the full brunt of the shock back and break his arms or something. One out of like over half a dozen examples of this happening isn't exactly a good play at it being a consistent factor in matches.
Wait:

So the armor doesn't inherently harm Guts? I thought it did.

Wait:

So the armor doesn't inherently harm Guts? I thought it did.
It technically does, but it harms him after he's suffered damage from external forces. Its blatant that the Armor will put spikes through gut's body and he'll cough up blood or show he's in pain from it.

It technically does, but it harms him after he's suffered damage from external forces. Its blatant that the Armor will put spikes through gut's body and he'll cough up blood or show he's in pain from it.
I knew about that, but I thought it harmed him in some other way barring that lmao.

Back