• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Making this CRT because I think Yhwach is missing some abilities on his profile.

Nf3nF5e
Death Manipulation

• When Yhwach was a child it was stated when you touched him he granted you a piece of his soul but it also stated everyone who touched him would one day die, this might be Limited Death Manipulation since it happens in an unidentifiable amount of time.
Type 1 Immortality and Life Manipulation

Ug5mHL7
0537-008
  • Yhwach possibly has Eternal Life due to his status as king of Quincy and Soul King.He is a human that is at least 1200 years old and he can heal himself via Auswhalen like how he revived himself when he was apparently sealed away for about 1000 years and he also exist inside of every quincy.
0628-0090
0628-0100
Pocket Dimension Manipulation

• Yhwach was able to manipulate the composition of Reishi in the atmosphere in the Soul King dimension, I think he qualifies for this since he manipulated an aspect of it to suit his species the Quincy and hinder the Shinigami.
0607-015
Acid Manipulation

• Blut Vene Anhaben is a barrier that has corrosive properties.
0621-007
0621-008
Summoning

• Yhwach is capable of summoning his allies via using his shadow manipulation and when he is in his Soul King form he was capable of summoning countless black creatures.
This is my 1st CRT so i'm not to sure on the format to make the images neater,so apologies if I made it hard to read.

It's explicitly Longevity, he's prolonging his lifespan. I dunno where Life Manipulation comes from.

Acid seems fine, but he's manipulating the reishi in the atmosphere, not necessarily the pocket dimension itself.

Promestein said:
It's explicitly Longevity, he's prolonging his lifespan. I dunno where Life Manipulation comes from.
Acid seems fine, but he's manipulating the reishi in the atmosphere, not necessarily the pocket dimension itself.
It was stated the Soul King has control over the dimensions, I choose that dimension spefically because he manipulated the structures and the very atmosphere in it.

What of the other abilities?

Life/Death Manipulation may be further explained upon with the new novel, but I think we should let it finish first since there is gonna be big post about the novel regarding Yhwach one day in the future.

Prom is most likely correct about Longevity.

Rest seems good to me, but the SK Palace is just a dimension, not a pocket dimension. He ain't pulling it out his pocket.

Life Manipulation comes from Auswhalen and how it function, it's pretty much stealing the power and life force of the others to amplify himself or other Quincy of choice hence his longevity.

0604-009
0604-010
"Collecting the lives and powers of uncessary quincy."

I agree with what 2017 said. Also, can the info about Yhwach be posted in the Bleach thread? I dunno when I'm going to catch up with the novel.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I agree with what 2017 said. Also, can the info about Yhwach be posted in the Bleach thread? I dunno when I'm going to catch up with the novel.
What information?

and I answered the bit about Life Manipulation which likely falls under this.

Life Stealing/Instant Death: Some life manipulators are able to steal life energy or simply remove the life energy from an opponent's body to grievously harm or kill the target.

He is stated to be specifically stealing the life and power of the others and transfering it to himself or others of his choosing,this also explains how is capable of living so long since he is a Human.

Corrosion Inducement is the ability to corrode objects, generally on solids like rock or metal, at faster than natural rates. On biological objects or people, this is usually seen as a form of rapid decay. Corrosion generally causes the inflicted to slowly break down and weaken durability.

I agree this fit's much better.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Corrosion Inducement is the ability to corrode objects, generally on solids like rock or metal, at faster than natural rates. On biological objects or people, this is usually seen as a form of rapid decay. Corrosion generally causes the inflicted to slowly break down and weaken durability.

I agree this fit's much better.
I agree with this explanation way better than the acid one.

Death manipulation: I agree with IMade. Let's wait.

Type 1 immortality: It's just longevity. We know that people with high spiritual power can live for thousands of years. Yama-jii, Sasakibe, Unohana, Kyoraku, Ukitake, and Ichibei are all over 2000 years old at least.

Pocket dimension manipulation: I disagree. Just manipulating the aspects of the reishi particles abundant in the atmosphere of the Soul Palace should not be enough to grant him pocket dimension manipulation.

Acid manipulation: I agree with BFF's suggestion of corrosion inducing.

Summoning: All of the Sternritter can use the Shadow ability to summon their Soldat subordinates. And, yes, the black monster thing also makes sense to me.

While we're at it, the notes at the bottom of Yhwach's profile is missing the key word 'Never'. This is what it says right now:

"However, he has used the powers of his subordinates himself, and their accessibility should be noted in a thread."

Also, can we please remove this from Yhwach's profile:

"and potentially many others following the death of the Sternritter, including Explosion Manipulation, Fear Manipulation and Reality Warping"

I know the explanation about Yhwach absorbing the souls of the Sternritter and gaining their abilities, but the fact is he has never once used another Schrift used by another Sternritter. In fact the only case of him potentially using an ability used by somebody else is Yama's Bankai which he stole personally using the Bankai Medallion and not through is passive soul-absorption abilities.

Even after absorbing Gerard Valkyrie and Haschwalth at the end of the arc, Yhwach never once used the Miracle or the Balance. He never used the Wind to redirect attacks, and he never used the Visionary to imagine anything into existence.

Aside from the power explanation of his passive soul-absorbing, nothing else indicates he could or would be able to use his subordinates abiliites.

It should be reasonable by this point to remove the mention of him "potentially" being able to use all the Sternritter Schrifts.

The issue is what we know and what he did.

We know he has their abilities per the description of Schrift, how the soul sharing and taking works. He is able to distribute pieces of his soul to grant powers and then upon their deaths or through Auswahlen he can take his soul piece back and the power that blossomed cause of it.

The only arguable instance of Schrift usage from him was when he granted himself "The Voice" when he fought Ichibei.

So we know he has them and can use them, but he just doesn't use them. So potential is a fitting word.

> The only arguable instance of Schrift usage from him was when he granted himself "The Voice" when he fought Ichibei.

Seeing as all he appeared to do was heal himself with Reishi and allowing him to speak again, I would say it's ambiguous whether he used a Schrift at all then.

Even if he did, that would still only prove he can grant abilities to himself, not use the Schrifts of his subordinates.

Schrifts are also apparently granted by someone drinking Yhwach's blood and having a letter engraved on this soul. We saw neither of this when he gave himself 'the Voice'.

> So we know he has them and can use them, but he just doesn't use them. So potential is a fitting word.

No, we know he might have them (according to a one-time description of his soul powers), and he might be able to use them, we just know that he has never used them.

So, at best you can say the only Schrifts Yhwach can use are the Almighty, the 'Voice' (I still don't consider that a real Schrift), and very possibly the Balance while he is sleeping. Aside from that I don't think the rest of them have enough justification to warrant a 'potential usage'.

The Voice is an ability labeled similar to Schrifts. They are all titled "The xxxx" and encased with brackets. The Voice was the exact same.

Through the only description of Yhwach's Soul Sharing/Stealing and Shcrift bestowing, we are explicitly told that he shares his soul to grant others powers. That Yhwach shares his soul to form an even more powerful soul that is explicitly the Schrift and that upon death he steals their soul and takes the power that was blossomed. This is all explicit and explained.

So yes, we know he has them, he just doesn't use them at all in-character.

> So yes, we know he has them, he just doesn't use them at all in-character.

Aside from the description of his soul stealing ability, do we have any other canon source that indicates he actually possesses the Schrifts themselves?

I notice that though the explanation says the knowledge/abilities/talents of individuals would gradually return to him, it does not explicitly state he can use the individual abilities himself.

So it may be a case that Yhwach gets a general power boost through absorbing them but he is unable to use them.

Besides the literal sole words from the direct canon of the manga? We don't need another source, the backstory of Yhwach in the manga is more than enough as it served as exposition.

It doesn't literally say he can use their abilities, but it doesn't need to say that. It saying that Yhwach gains their abilities is more than enough evidence that he gained their abilities.

It doesn't say he gets a power boost, it literally says he gains their knowledge, abilities and talents that were blossomed while his soul was merged with their's. You'd have to shift the entire wording of the description which we can't due to how explicit it is.

Thus, the only issue is that Yhwach has these abilities, he just doesn't choose to use them in character.

So what you're saying is he gains the abilities, but it doesn't explicitely say he can use the Schrifts (and no other character including Yhwach himself states or implies he can use the Schrifts), and he never used the Schrifts he supposedly has in multiple cases where it would be blindingly obvious to use them.

He also never used any other character's abilities after they died and he absorbed their souls despite is also being explicit that his soul was scattered throughout Seireitei / Wandenreich and he should have been constantly absorbing souls throughout the war.

He also never seemingly used any other characters talents.

And never seemingly gained any significant knowledge from these souls either...

So you can see why I am so reluctant to go along with this interpretation that he actually has this abilities available to use and that he just chooses not to use them as opposed to being unable to use them, right?

EDIT: I can see why it may be acceptable that he gains the abilities based on the exact wording of that description, but I think everything else in the manga indicates that he is incapable of using them at all.

@Soldier Blue

• His Death manipulation to me sounds like some sort of curse based off the description,you touch him to become healed but one day you'll have to give your life to him or something.It makes sense kinda considering the circumstances of his birth.
  • I suppose your right here it's just that he is a human I suggested it.
  • I mean the dimensions belong to the soul king it's like a power he gets simply cause of his position,he transmuted the entire power and even changed the reishi composition of the entire Palace dimension which a dimension inside of the soul society dimension.
  • I also agree with Burnings suggestion here as well.
  • Indeed they can all summon soldiers but Yhwach in his SK form has those creatures he can spawn from his body.

Is ambiguous to say that he never used them or that he did since he was shown to use abilities similar to the other Quincy Schrifts through the story, but it was never "mention" that he used "X" letter when he did.

Example:

• When he recovered back James soul. He "cheer" himself and there were some "action" lines around him like if he had done something. (Which could had been James power to make himself stronger through cheers, same could be said about Jugram cheering Yhwach againts Ichibei.)
  • He also seem to push Ichigo and Yoruichi away from him like Niazol letter. He push the swords of the Royal guards and bend them.
  • He became like a giant when Ichigo first kill him. Yhwach's hand was bigger than Ichigo's head. (The Miracle?)
  • Raising the Seireitei up to the Soul King Palace and creating a new out of nothing. Similar to how Gremmy used his letter to create a stage to fight Kenpachi.
  • Remember when Yhwach said Ichigo's blades didn't broke because he had good misfortune? (That's Jugram's letter the balance.)
Lille Barro is still alive in the novels along with other Quincy so he shouldn't have their powers. It was also explained that the powers taken by Yhwach's Auswhalen return with time to the Quincy except for their Vollstandig. That tells me that he is like Ginjo. He took Ichigo's Fullbring powers to use for himself, but Rukia said they couldn't be fully Taken as they are part of once soul. Ichigo's powers returned in the novel too. Ginjo is suspected to be part Quincy by Urahara.

Is ambiguous at least. But why would Kubo waste time making Yhwach say each letter in combat? He gave us a whole chapter explaining how that works. Why waste more pages on it?

But like I mention, is ambiguous at best.

>Lille Barro is still alive in the novels along with other Quincy so he shouldn't have their powers.

I don't think we can say Lille is alive yet, it seemed so vague how they described it. They said they removed the threat of the birds, but it's so vague if it means he's dead or alive.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
>Lille Barro is still alive in the novels along with other Quincy so he shouldn't have their powers.

I don't think we can say Lille is alive yet, it seemed so vague how they described it. They said they removed the threat of the birds, but it's so vague if it means he's dead or alive.
Didn't Gigi and Liltotto mentioned him in Hueco Mundo?

> Is ambiguous at least. But why would Kubo waste time making Yhwach say each letter in combat?

Extremely ambiguous indeed. Not only do each of these usages require some liberal interpretation, nobody in the series (neither Yhwach or the people he's fighting against) imply he is using the Schrifts when he is doing these things.

Raising the palace is explainable by controlling Reishi which the Wandenreich is made of and Quincys can control.

Pushing Yoruichi and Ichigo away isn't like what Niazol did at all; all he did was redirect things around him / curve space.

I don't recall Jugram exactly cheering on Yhwach...

Etc.

> Extremely ambiguous indeed. Not only do each of these usages require some liberal interpretation, nobody in the series (neither Yhwach or the people he's fighting against) imply he is using the Schrifts when he is doing these things.

I don't recall the need of saying the ability to use it. Only that they decide to do that for the sake of the plot. Some of them use the abilities first and then explained them.

> Raising the palace is explainable by controlling Reishi which the Wandenreich is made of and Quincys can control.

Remember that when they control the Reishi it's turned into energy. Example would be Yhwach creating a throne at the begining, and changing it into stairs. When the Wandenreich was lifted it wasn't similar at all to any other Reishi manipulation shown prior. At best, it contradicts the previous ways showned.

> Pushing Yoruichi and Ichigo away isn't like what Niazol did at all; all he did was redirect things around him / curve space.

Niazol pushed the swords inward, bending them.

> I don't recall Jugram exactly cheering on Yhwach...

I most have forgotten. But I think he said something during the fight.

He really didn't need the schrifts,the black goo and almighty were always more than sufficient.

I mean the black goo pierced ichigo like butter,you couldn't ask for a better attack

Defense wise black goo blocks getsuga cero like nothing not to mention blut vene he caught ichigo swords with bare hands and ywach overall monster physical ability.(ichigo got hurt just from holding ywach arm back and this was Pre-SK)

Throw Almighty into the mix and then dropping a meteor,bending attacks, copying powers or thunder strikes just seems flashy and redundant

And then at the end he might have needed the schrifts,especially miracle but all powers including the basic blut vene got stripped away from his soul

I wonder if in battle,ywach can just like touch his opponent share his soul and then use auswahlen to rip all the abilities,fighting style and skills from the opponent's soul,auswahlen isn't just a quincy thing is it?i mean he is basically doing the same thing as an infant

Damage3245 said:
Yhwach also never used Yamamoto's Bankai, but he still has it.

Yhwach doesn't use other powers aside from The Almighty. That's his mindset in-character.

That doesn't mean that he doesn't have those abilities. He just doesn't use them.

Even if he can potentially use them, does it make sense to list them in his abilities section? Right now only a couple are listed when supposedly he has about 26 superpowers he should theoretically be able to access.

Shouldn't we remove the couple examples from the abilities section and instead just have a note at the bottom of the profile saying he can potentially use the abilities of the Sternritter and tell people to check out the Sternritter profiles for more info?

DragonEmperor23 said:
But you can have powers in the ability section that you never use. Why would it be supposedly or theoretical?
I'm still unconvinced he actually can use them; but if everyone is going to insist that he can use them but doesn't then they should list all of the abilities in there, or none of them.

He also doesn't have Yama's Bankai's abilities listed in his Abilities section.

EDIT: A single line in the manga that is never supported; never shows any absorbed abilities, talents or knowledge, isn't convincing.

DragonEmperor23 said:
But this is like having a weapon that you never used. Just because you never used it doesn't mean it's not there.
That is one interpretation, yes, I am unconvinced by it. I think it is far more likely that he could never use the individual Schrifts, just like how he can't use the individual Zanpakuto of all of the Shinigami that died during the war.

He showed that he had "nothing" when he was born. No sight, touch, taste, voice or hearing. He gained those the same way you mentioned. ;-;

> EDIT: A single chapter in the manga that is never supported; never shows any absorbed abilities, talents or knowledge, isn't convincing.

Fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back