• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet another Medaka Box CRT (*sigh*)

Wouldn't everyone else scale from the school feat, since it happened in the first arc and everyone got stronger after that? The characters in the verse are usually comparable with each other and we've seen Normals (like Zenkichi) and Specials (like Akune) fighting Abnormals (like Munakata and Koga) who should be comparable to post-training Medaka. Maybe we can use a "possibly" instead of "likely" just to be safe, but I don't think it would be wrong to scale them to that. Iihiko and Medaka should just have "At least" before that.

However, we should likely divide the result by 3, since Medaka stated that the same uniform that would've tanked the explosion could tank 3 of her punches, meaning that she should be 3 times weaker than the explosion at its full power.

Is the explosion feat reliable though? Meaning, did it actually happen, or are we just speculating here? Iihiko destroying the hospital seems more straightforward.

Oh, I see what you mean. Well, I'm personally fine with whatever it's decided. Currently the reason to support that is "Unzen said that he expected the explosion to be mor epowerful and it was glad that it didn't destroy the entire wing" > "The explosion could possibly destroy the entire wing" > "Destroying the wind requires 8-B power" > "3 punches from Medaka are equal to the explosion", but I have to admit that it may be a bit too speculative.

Unzen said that it was lucky that his bombs didn't blow up the entire building, and he was planning to survive while standing in the center of the explosion thanks to his armored clothes. Since he was expecting to destroy the building and survive (though injured), his durability should scale, Medaka on the other hand would have killed him without a doubt if she had landed three punches on him, so her AP should scale.

The explosion only destroyed a room though. It was supposed to possibly destroy the entire wing, but it never did.

It never did, but it was going to, and Unzen was expecting to survive it.

He's a genius the one who made these explosives and knows how strong they are, so he should know how much damage they would have done and if he could survive it.

That's also true. Well, as I said, I'm fine with whatever it's decided. I'll just say that while it may be a bit speculative for a definite tier, adding a "possibly" could be enough imho.

Without a visible explosion to scale from, and the certainty that somebody genuinely managed to withstand it, I do not think that we can use it.

Very well, I think we should just put everyone as Unknown then, except for Medaka and Iihiko who would be "at least High 8-C (high end because the calc is already low-balled), possibly 5-C". It's also the tier that makes more sense plot-wise imho, since all the feats in the verse are somehow related to "large buildings" anyway.

Well, Spino said that Medaka's "walking and dragging the school" feat is 9-B. We could place them at "At least 9-B" instead.

At this point it would probably better to just calc the actual explosion (the room-level one) and scale everyone to that, it could possibly be around 9-A. This would also allow us to give a tier to base Medaka, since she only scales to Iihiko in her End God Mode.

Although I'm not sure if that's possible, since it was actually a series of multiple smaller explosions combined rather than just one. However, if it's still acceptble, here is the chapter where the feat happens. There's also a casual wall destruction from Unzen few pages before that, but that will probably be 9-B as well (although having something to confirm the 9-B tier in the worst case scenario could be nice too). Thanks in advance to Spinosaurus if he decides to calc those as well, you're being a huge help.

We know with certainty that a Unzen would have withstood it, even if he didn't, and even if we can't scale the explosion, we know how much it would have destroyed. This is hardly the first hypothetical feat/described feat used for tiering.

Additionally, the durability Medaka would need to drag the building forward without being harmed should be many times higher, since the strings were only applying this energy/pressure to a small fraction of her body (since they were microscopic). It could be calced in a way opposite of how Doflamingo's bird cage's durability was calced.

I suppose that you have a point about the threads, but I am still uneasy with using guesswork about the explosion size.

I suppose so, although maybe you could ask other calc group members for help with calculating the required durability for the thread feat?

I feel like the possibility of the explosion being that big and being withstood would warrant a "possibly", but no it probably wouldn't be a solid enough feat for definitely.

I mean wall level super casual, even in the Oudo arc. Medaka and Oudo were slamming eachother through several walls of super computers just as collateral damage. There isn't much to go off of, but there is also Naze holding together that building by freezing it, or Gagamaru redirecting Hinokage's attacks to collapse a large building support structure.

There's also Akune casually smashing apart a giant steel door, and Oudo collapsing a huge room on Kikaijima, who survived being crushed in the middle of the debris

I suppose so, although the durability feat for withstanding the threads would be useful if calculated.

Here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Lina_Shields/Doffy_Bird_Cage_Calc

It's the third part of this. The calc solved for the dura of the strings by finding a ratio of the surface area of the strings to the surface area of the meteor. The MB one would require you to find the ratio from the surface area of Medaka to that of the strings.

Iirc there were hundreds of strings and each one is thin enough to be barely visible to someone with perfect vision up close.

That calc calculates durability of the string using energy of the meteor. I'm not sure how I can get Medaka's durability using that formula.

Have you asked the other calc group members for help?

This would be doing the reverse of that, calculating the durability of Medaka based on the AP of the string digging into her. It would be the same formula, you'd just be getting a larger number instead of a smaller one.

Back