• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet another Medaka Box CRT (*sigh*)

@Spino: Thank you for your help, now we probably just need for the calcs to get accepted.

I also made a profile for Myouri Unze since it could be easier to just link his profile if we need to scale anyone to him. Of course his stats should be changed too if needed.

@Iapitus: Since you helped me with Oudo you can give it a look if you want.

I'll take a look, and if need be, do some edits when I get home. I find it ironic how unremarkable he is in the series, yet he is the one almost everyone's stats rely on. Just a twist of fate kek

Welp, It seems the statement is anime only. But we do at least know that Unzen stated his explosion balls were the superior weapon, so maybe we can at least assume the explosions were wall level because each one of his super balls were? Then we can back it up with the anime statement if nothing else

Well, we preferably need something concrete to scale from.

That statement is not anime only.

Personally I'd tier the characters like this:

Iihiko: At least 8-B via Spino's calc, possibly 5-C scaling from Medaka.

Unzen: At least 9-B (easily destroyed a wall with a kick, his bombs are stated to be able to destroy walls), likely 9-A with multiple bombs (destroyed the student council room).

Medaka: "At least 9-B to 9-A, possibly higher" in base (superior to Unzen, could tank the explosion of the room) | "At least 9-A, likely higher" in War God Mode (stronger than before, could deal damage to Unzen who tanked the explosion of the room, could tear part of the school and move it) | "At least 9-A, possibly 8-B" in Altered God Mode (stronger than before, fought Iihiko during the 100 Flowers Ru but it's possible that Iihiko was weaker than before) | "At least 8-B, possibly 5-C" in End God Mode (scales to Iihiko and destroyed the moon).

Characters that directly scale from Medaka (like Yuzuriha, who could harm her, or Oudo after stealing Koga's power): "At least 9-B to 9-A, possibly higher".

Characters that never fought directly against Medaka (like Naze or Gagamaru) or that fought her but were physically stomped (like Kumagawa or Zenkichi): "Likely 9-B to 9-A, possibly higher" (they should be at least comparable to Unzen, and characters in the verse are usually comparable to each other anyway, but the evidence is not enough to give them a definite tier imho).

Kuudou Hinokage: At least 9-A, possibly 8-B (stated to be stronger than Medaka during Kumagawa arc, Zenkichi called him "the strongest in the universe", should probably scale to Alterate God Mode Medaka).

I suppose that your suggestion seems reasonable.

What about the "possibly 8B" for Unzen supposedly being able to cause and survive the school building's destruction?

Also, I don't think Spino's calcs (or the one I put in the comments of his blog) have been evaluated yet.

You can message some calc group members to ask them to evaluate the calculation blog. You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

8-B for Unzen seems very exaggerated.

Unzen stated that he didn't intend to destroy the school, just because he expected a stronger explosion and he said "Well, it's a good thing that I didn't blow up the entire wing" we can't say for sure that the explosion would've been 8-B. However, if Medaka's durability gets upgraded because of your calc about Unzen's strings we could possibly scale everyone to that.

8-B Unzen seems high at first, but then you remember that Medaka used his weapons against abnormals later in the series and they were still effective. Its weird to think, but with that in mind I think it is reasonable, even if it feels wrong

That is probably just an inconsistency, or a more powerful version that she developed.

Back