• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet another Medaka Box CRT (*sigh*)

I suppose so, although for the record I agree with point #1. I simply do not know what to rescale the character statistics from instead.

You can directly message some calc group members to ask them for help if you wish.

Do you know any calc group member who likes the series? I don't want to bother people who are not even interested in the verse if I can avoid it.

Anyway, the characters that need revisions (points 3-11) are:

• Medaka Kurokami
  • Kamome Tsurubami
  • Namanie Nienami
  • Joutou Kotobuki
  • Kakegae Yuzuriha
  • Zenkichi Hitoyoshi
  • Iihiko Shishime
  • Kuudou Hinokage
Of course if we decide to put everyone as Unknown we have to unlock everyone else too.

I think that it might be best to wait for some more staff input first.

Also, calc group members do not need to be interested in a series in order to perform calculations.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
iirc there was that scene where Medaka pulled multiple buildings in the first arc, maybe we can get that calc'd
I already asked about that feat, we just have to wait for someone to calculate it (or we could send a message to a calc group member like Ant suggested, but I have no idea who I should ask).

For now let's just wait for someone to give their opinion about everything else.

I'll post the feats here and then ask some calc group member:

1. Medaka breaks part of the school. Unfortunately the feat is unclear in the manga and this is the only feat that scales to everyone. Here you can see how it looks in the manga. I'm not 100% sure if the anime feat can be accepted though.

2. Iihiko destroys a building. Here is a scan showing the size of the building. Unfortunately this only scales to Iihiko and possibly Medaka, while everyone else would be downgraded to "Unknown".

1. I fully agree with this, once the calc is accepted

2. I agree with the original point as well. Though I also think there is merit to Iapitus's notion that it's just really strong Plot Manipulation

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
2. I agree with the original point as well. Though I also think there is merit to Iapitus's notion that it's just really strong Plot Manipulation
I'd rather call it passive plot. So the part of the plot that comes directly from the author of the series.

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Yes, very strong passive Plot Manipulation.
I feel like PIS sounds better. Since she can only make the story have dumb things, not truly manipulate it. So "Very Strong Limited Plot Manipulation"?

But im fine with either one.

Don't we need to have those feats calculated before proceeding?

Well, I have already given input, but you can place polite requests for participation on the message walls of staff members who have participated in other Medaka revision threads, such as KamiYasha.

I already sent KamiYasha a message but he probably didn't notice. I'll try to ask Pachi and Monarch since they replied in past threads.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I really do, and I can't believe people are pushing yet again. This is like the eight thread on the matter using the exact same arguments.
This

I agree with this

In reference to the actual points on the thread... I don't care enough to read through and look.

I only show up on Medaka threads when Fire's wank gets so bad I need to step in.

Has anybody asked the calc group members to calculate the feats?

@Kami95

You can tell them that I would appreciate the help.

Oh btw on a side note.

Ya guys think type 8 immortality is fine for Kumagawa? Reliant on All Fiction. Cus unless u somehow take care of all fiction, he will just come back. I feel like that's a "nice-ish" way to describe his "all fiction back to life".

I don't think it works that way, otherwise dark souls protags would have type 8 based on the undead curse. That's more just resurrection.

Wokistan said:
I don't think it works that way, otherwise dark souls protags would have type 8 based on the undead curse. That's more just resurrection.
Well it works almost exactly like type 8.

The dmg is totally meaningless as "it never happened". So unless you somehow take care of All Fiction (either by erasing, nulling or overpowering it), you won't be able to put down Medaka.

It doesn't work like that. Please stop derailing.

Antvasima said:
Has anybody asked the calc group members to calculate the feats?
if you are talking about the anime feat then no, but for the manga it should be large building since she says she is moving multiple wings of the school, which we know is massive

Well, we need the manga feats calculated.

@Clockwork Cookies: I just said that it should be banned against characters that don't have a counter to it.

@Ant: I already told everyone that you are the one who suggested asking them.

Sorry... I just dont like how everyone treat it as an undeafeatable ability while it's just a normal plot manipulation :/

Sorry for being a bother though

Back