• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ultron's page it fought evenly with Iron Man's Mark 43 (I haven't watched that movie in years now so I can barely recall anything from it, if this isn't correct I can adjust the profiles accordingly)

They fought fairly evenly for probably 5 minutes until Iron Man one-shot it with a missile.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Also the upgrade I proposed was just to increase 8-C to High 8-C(+), to justify that they could at least do some damage. Otherwise the fight would be like Batman v Superman before Kryptonite kicks in: no one would even feel anything.
That isn't exactly how scaling works...

And not going full-force doesn't mean reducing to 1% either (Specially since they wanted to take down two super soldiers). You can hear the effort put into the attacks in their voices and the grunts because they get hurt

Are you legitimately arguing that Winter Soldier was going to punch a kid who he never met and doesn't know has super strength, with 8-B force? Grunts mean jackshit, they're there for effect. Peter was literally comparable to Captain America 20 minutes later.

APM argued before that the two armours (despite being different) should be comparable. He's not saying they're the same.

Zark2099 said:
That isn't exactly how scaling works...
Are you a 1.02 tons character do anything of notice to a guy a armor likely superior to other that withstood a 17+ tons explosion?
Are you legitimately arguing that Winter Soldier was going to punch a kid who he never met and doesn't know has super strength, with 8-B force? Grunts mean jackshit, they're there for effect. Peter was literally comparable to Captain America 20 minutes later.

See the clip of the fighting: you can hear and see the effort that Bucky put in that punch. And Spider-Man's grunt at catching it. Yeah, the effect to show that they are getting affect by the fight. And Cap took hits from Bucky's metal arm too (Not as well as Spidey, and with way more injuries, but he did), BP took hits aswell (Even without his suit). Also Spidey could stagger Giant-Man, who needed both Iron Man and War Machine to be taken down

I think that the problem here is that you assume that damage is when character X can made serious damage to Y, when making minor damage still implies that the gap is not gigantic (For example: Only considering damage when Iron Man's armor is destroyed, but that's exceeding it's durability. You can also take into account when Tony inside his suit receives damage)

I suggested that the Mark 43 should be comparable to the 45. If you think this is unreasonable then I can change it quickly.

Btw irrelevant question: Is their air on Nidavellir? Cuz Rocket and Groot could breathe and Thor could speak. We already know the star and the rings have gravity but do they have an earth-like atmosphere?

Because we might be able to calculate the shockwave of the neutron star beam if we know the density of the air there.

Well I did a rough calculation comparing it to an atomic bomb and it only got Large Building level.

But I don't think it's a good calculation to compare a neutron star beam to an atomic bomb.

Is there any standard formula for shockwaves?

IMG 20191227 113540
IMG 20191227 113500
Was watching Captain Marvel again and in the scene where Carol destroys the bombs, the explosions are so big that despite talking place in stratosphere is still visible from Ronan's ship. Any way to calculate those explosions?

Curvature scaling maybe?

Im bad at this. Can you do this? We'll subtract 30 km from the height coz the explosions already took place just above the cloud level

Revan Laha said:
IMG 20191227 113540
IMG 20191227 113500
Was watching Captain Marvel again and in the scene where Carol destroys the bombs, the explosions are so big that despite talking place in stratosphere is still visible from Ronan's ship. Any way to calculate those explosions?
Carol never tanks a kree missile though? She blows them up and throws them back but she only ever flies through the debris and fireball post detonation, further the explosions shift sizes between several shots. I guess you can calc them but they wont scale to anyone as far as I can tell.

I agree with Pen, since we discussed this in the second revision thread. It's not really worth calculating, unless you want supporting evidence for the Kree missiles.

Earth diameter: 12,742 km

Accounting for the 30 km gap on both sides: 12802 km

Hence explosion diameter: 168.1 km

Explosion radius: 84.03 km

That carol never tanks a kree missile, she blows them up and throws them back. All she ever does is fly through the fireball/debris after they explode, the missiles explosions change sizes several times in the move adding inconsistency to their explosive power and ignoring that they don't scale to carol.

Carol never tanks a kree missile though? She blows them up and throws them back but she only ever flies through the debris and fireball post detonation, further the explosions shift sizes between several shots. I guess you can calc them but they wont scale to anyone as far as I can tell.

Im not scaling the detonation of a Kree missile. Its just the explosion the missiles caused when then they were destroyed.

Okay then, but Ronan clearly said that Earth doesn't have enough powerful weapons to destroy the missiles. But Carol easily destroys them, not only that she destroys the big Kree ships which look like they are made of the same material. Can we use this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back