• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Asta avoiding BB's Gura Gura spam which has kilometers worth of AoE and turns insides to mush? I really haven't seen any counter's to this.

I was asked to close this thread. Should I do so?

So devil fruit=magic?
Devil fruits are linked to biology like quirks in Boku no Hero, Mana is magic
OP's power system is not very clear.

why don't we just equate haki=magic?
And Haki is not Magic because Haki is willpower, is not present in the world like mana, chakra or reiatsu and instead is only present in the characters, Haki has his own rules of "the quantity is not important, is the mastery" etc etc

I am not a expert to explain this, but I hope you get the point, they are vastly different that if you want to equalized Haki with magic, what type of Haki Asta gets , observation haki because he has ki? What type of proficiency he should get then, is a complete mess to think about

Devil fruits are linked to biology like quirks in Boku no Hero, Mana is magic

And Haki is not Magic because Haki is willpower, is not present in the world like mana, chakra or reiatsu and instead is only present in the characters, Haki has his own rules of "the quantity is not important, is the mastery" etc etc

I am not a expert to explain this, but I hope you get the point, they are vastly different that if you want to equalized Haki with magic, what type of Haki Asta gets , observation haki because he has ki? What type of proficiency he should get then, is a complete mess to think about
haki is the source of op verse's power.

so haki=mana=magic

What do you suggest?
Criterias like:
-Being a universal energy source that most of the verse posses
-Being something that exists in everything from nature to living beings
- having similar origins like coming from emotions or life energy
-being somewhat genetic in the sense that you can inherit similar abilities from you parents
- is used for similar aplications like stats amp or sensing

Criterias like:
-Being a universal energy source that most of the verse posses
-Being something that exists in everything from nature to living beings
- having similar origins like coming from emotions or life energy
-being somewhat genetic in the sense that you can inherit similar abilities from you parents
- is used for similar aplications like stats amp or sensing
how can you provide equal energy when the capacities are different? there is a verse that uses its energy as a soul there is also a verse that has no energy at all. You want to equate haki which is not life energy at all with chakra which is life energy? You want to make that equal even though it's completely different, Mana, Chakra and Nen, Ki(BC) and Haki (OP), Reiatsu and curse energy(JJK) maybe they can be equated, how about Quirk?

how can you provide equal energy when the capacities are different? there is a verse that uses its energy as a soul there is also a verse that has no energy at all. You want to equate haki which is not life energy at all with chakra which is life energy? You want to make that equal even though it's completely different, Mana, Chakra and Nen, Ki(BC) and Haki (OP), Reiatsu and curse energy(JJK) maybe they can be equated, how about Quirk?
What ?
I am not trying to equate haki with other energies( i literally agreed on it not being equalizable above)
Quirks got nothing to do with this it is not an energy source

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back