• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yakuza Tiering Rephrasing/Minor Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's completely fine. I'm mostly just taking said scan as evidence that the building uses reinforced concrete.
The floor doesn't need to be as thick as ya scaled it, but in regards to it being shown to be reinforced, well, I don't think it having wonky pixel scaling would change that.

What's the rest of the game have to do with anything? I'm talking IRL and wiki standards. What we see should fit what we use the reinforced values for.
I counted like 27 before stopping so there's quite a bit in there.
I wasn't talking about the original wonky pixel-scaling of my flawed first scan before I replaced it with a better looking one. I was merely talking about the fallen debris beneath.

But like I said, I'll make a reinforced concrete variant just in case.

Last edited:
Done. Calc members evaluate away.

EDIT: FALSE ALARM, carry on my fellow yakuza

Last edited:
I re-did the feat, now the feat as a whole is Small Building level+ as a low-end, with Building level for reinforced concrete. That being said however, DMUA doesn't think using reinforced concrete makes sense.

Which means this thread as a whole is sort of useless.

Well it's that or pixel scale every single piece of metal and steel and apply some variant of fragmentation. And that seems to much of hassle all things considered.

That being said however, DMUA doesn't think using reinforced concrete makes sense.

I mean, it is reinforced concrete. It's concrete filled with a **** ton of metal rebar, I counted over 20 beams in that one scan.
"Reinforced concrete, concrete in which steel is embedded in such a manner that the two materials act together in resisting forces."
It definitely isn't basic concrete, otherwise there wouldn't be any steel in the first place. Either way, even if one doesn't think reinforced makes sense, normal concrete isn't any better. So we'd be back at square one either way.

Well it's that or pixel scale every single piece of metal and steel and apply some variant of fragmentation. And that seems to much of hassle all things considered.
No need, I had already assumed 1% to be steel and 99% to be concrete. Unless you think that the steel percentage should be higher to compensate there being many rebars. In that case, 5% steel and 95% concrete / 10% steel and 90% concrete would take care of things since there are many rebars and 1% would indeed be too low.

Last edited:
I've added additional percentage versions, shockingly the 90% concrete and 10% steel version high-end exceeds that of reinforced concrete, while its low-end matches it blow-for-blow.

Last edited:
BTW, if this goes through, we'll have to take a haaaaaaard, looooooong look at our scaling chain, granted it's only about one character (Ichiban Kasuga) since he absolutely gets clobbered by a massively-held back Kiryu, and Majima/Saejima weren't even going full power against Kasuga and his party. So downscaling galore, here you go.

I mean it really is just, Ichiban and his part is probably more 9-A+, possibly 8-C considering the game goes out of it's way to put emphasis on the fact they stand no chance against the old guard in a straight up fight, even with a whole team

I mean it really is just, Ichiban and his part is probably more 9-A+, possibly 8-C considering the game goes out of it's way to put emphasis on the fact they stand no chance against the old guard in a straight up fight, even with a whole team
Here's hoping he gets stronger in the next game and we get classic Yakuza beat-em up back.

I mean, the game does sorta end with Ichiban releasing his Dragon Quest lens on everything, the final battle straight up forces you to just use the normal freelancer moves as opposed to the orbital death laser you got from your anarcho-capitalist ambitions

I mean, the game does sorta end with Ichiban releasing his Dragon Quest lens on everything, the final battle straight up forces you to just use the normal freelancer moves as opposed to the orbital death laser you got from your anarcho-capitalist ambitions
I mean, we're still stuck with 10 more years of Ichiban RPG games with no Judgment PC port in sight

90/10 end is fine, personally I might have gone with 95/5 but this one's good too

There you have it folks.

Now, what tier will Ichiban be? At least 9-A+, at most 8-C?

Should have evaluated on the blog, dummy

Haven't played Like A Dragon: Yakuza but from what I know I'd say "at least 9-A+" should be good, maybe with a likely on front

I guess that should be aight for applying the changes to the profiles then, yes? I'll carry 'em out.

Still kinda feels weird to see an 8-C feat in the face of 2 other 9-A feats that are like, 3.35-4x lower, though to be fair, those feats were uber-casual and left little to no scratches on anybody. Rubber rocks and rubber explosions ahoy

Last edited:
Now that the re-done calc is accepted with its 8-C values, just gotta wait for Ant's classic "The calculations can be used then" comment and I'mma get straight to editing.

I still think Ichiban should just get an At most 8-C rating, like how we do with MCU Spider-Man, while everyone else is just 8-C.

I don't think that kinda stuff is necessary, but if you want Ant's approval too you should contact him since this is an old blog and I don't think he checks those

Aight, Ant replied and approved. I updated all the profiles and left Ichiban and Kim Yeonsu with an "At most 8-C" rating.

Unless you wanna discuss it further, we can close the thread.

Aight, I'mma contact a mod to close this thread since there's nothing left to do here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back