• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

V vs Kazuma Kiryu (Cyberpunk 2077 vs Yakuza)

Scottycj256

He/Him
A Samurai Rockerboy vs the Dragon of Dojima

Speed Unequalized (V with Mach 6+ combat, reaction, and movement speeds, Kiryu with FTE movement speed and Mach 9 combat speeds and reactions)

Both are 8-C (V scaling to 0.5 tons and Kiryu scaling to 0.3 tons)

Set in Kamurocho, 20 m apart, SBA otherwise

Firearms allowed for V, banned for Kiryu

V equipped with mantis blades

Stat amp cybernetics and speed amp cybernetics like Sandevistan and Kerenzikov equipped for V, Kiryu starts out in Extreme Heat Mode and is bloodlusted

Both fighters carry healing items on them

V: 2 (Naitodesu, Peppersalt43)
cyberpunk-2077-normal-hero-01-ps4-en-08sep20

Kazuma Kiryu: 7 (Baken384, ZoroNotZolo, GlaceonGamez471, Veloxt1r0kore, SheevShezarrine, AnAverageUsername, Mariogoods)
Kiryu-Kazuma-in-Yakuza-0.jpg

Incon:

Stomp:

Last edited:
V's data analysis and hacking and mind hax don't work for this matchup, it all comes down to physical manpower.

Not only Kiryu is naturally faster than V and can easily react to the shots of his firearms or V's movement speed thanks to his Heat Eye Perception, don't forget Kiryu literally has a speed amp too thanks to Extreme Heat Mode to literally blitz V. The AP gap is negligible thanks to him being in Extreme Heat Mode. My man would literally be watching V trying to punch him to land a powerful Tiger Drop in return. Extreme Heat Mode also gives Kiryu a durability boost he needs to survive against V's attacks and also it gives him Limited Invulnerability which could benefit Kiryu against V's attacks.

If Kiryu also gets damaged by V, he has his different healing items which he does not need to use a lot and could be used in more strategic ways to conserve resources as much as he can since he could abuse the limited regeneration he has by doing heat actions or staying in heat mode. Also if V tries to throw in status effects onto Kiryu, he resists being hit by status effects inducement such as paralysis.

Literally in the profile for Kiryu in the Pain Manipulation section, (Majima, who was able to take the most painful torture a man can ever dish out without the victim dying for an entire year, needed to take a break because of pain from Kiryu's attacks) that's how hard Kiryu punches and combined that with the power of the Extreme Heat Mode and my man Kiryu literally being BLOODLUSTED im confident my boy Kiryu has this in the bag.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that V also has his fair share of stat amping cyberware that can increase his speed and hit harder. It's only the ones that mind hax that he can't use.

But counted

I don't know why V can't just kite Kiryu with their firearms, they have double jump and plenty weapons to help them keep them at range versus Kiryu, and are literally faster than them in terms of movement speed. V isn't some fist fighter or street brawler by default, their firearms also have homing projectiles that guarantees they hit Kiryu even in a chase

This too, though Kiryu has been shown deflecting bullets from various guns using only his fists and kicks, so he could keep up with smart guns

It all comes down to who adapts better to the fight

V has a multitude of options available to him. The key of Cyberpunk 2077 is being capable of approaching a situation in a multitude of different ways, and being given the freedom to go through with something as freely as possible. V should be capable of coming up with a strategy that can counteract Kiryu's skill and experience in combat.

I'm not going to vote yet but I don't think the above reasoning is valid given V has the option to not fight Kiryu at close quarters, and also I think the OP should specify the equipment available, since even with firearms, V still has access to tranquilizer rounds which Kiryu doesn't resist based on his profile.

V also has various cyberware that increases their reactions outside of the perception slowing gear, improving their ability to make critical hits, and even increase their survivability. V has stat amps of their own to match Kiryu's and still has an AP advantage and range and speed, they should have this in the bag

Does V have a soul or something? In Kiryu's profile see and sense souls. I feel like if Kiryu can't get close to V, he could possibly get the drop of him with the usage of his stealth mastery and would use his soul sense to try determining V's location. If he can't then it would lead Kiryu a bit into a harder time to track V especially if you take into consideration that V is also pretty good at stealth. Kiryu being able to react, dodge or deflect bullets would be a huge help to prevent him from being zoned by V, including his limited vulnerability playing a factor for Kiryu's survival. Tranq rounds could be used to take down Kiryu, only if it hits him tho, but still that's a good way to take down a beast like Kiryu.

Idk with Cyberpunk since it kind of is wishy washy on how much of a person is actually a person given that it has the whole mind storage plot, but for sake of argument, let's say V has a soul. V is also a Stealth Master and has Kiroshi Optics to detect nearby threats, so I feel like they cancel out since the two would always be aware of the other, V can also quickhack nearby devices to get a sense of where Kiryu is on top of that.

Yea it'd kinda cancel out. V's optical camo gets nulled by Kiryu's soul vision, and V has extrasensory perception/information analysis with kiroshi optics

Last edited:
I originally decided to ban firearms for Kiryu because I thought he would have eclipsed V in AP because of how firearms are portrayed on his profile

Last edited:
V can still kite, so I don't think it's valid. It only applies if V gets into physical combat and V has all the tools needed to avoid Kiryu and still hurt him.

Anyway, V still has superior range, movement speed, and AP to keep the pressure, so I'm voting V. I still think the previous votes should be removed as the reasoning they're based on has been mostly debunked as V is not primarily a melee fighter.

I don't know why V can't just kite Kiryu with their firearms, they have double jump and plenty weapons to help them keep them at range versus Kiryu, and are literally faster than them in terms of movement speed. V isn't some fist fighter or street brawler by default, their firearms also have homing projectiles that guarantees they hit Kiryu even in a chase
Two things: Rush Style and Dragon Spirit, which basically renders Kiryu invulnerable to all incoming projectiles and allows him to literally move from place to place instantaneously. If homing stuff tries its luck, Kiryu can just turn on invulnerability and massively amp his speed to close the distance, remember, guy is already on the edge of Hypersonic even in terms of combat speed and reactions.

How good is Kiryu at navigating vertically? Because V can still keep their distance with the help of their double jump and mantis blades, which allows them to climb higher while also increasing horizontal distance from Kiryu, so Kiryu can't just run up at them either.

How good is Kiryu at navigating vertically? Because V can still keep their distance with the help of their double jump and mantis blades, which allows them to climb higher while also increasing horizontal distance from Kiryu, so Kiryu can't just run up at them either.
You mean, climbing vertically up walls? That's Majima's alley AFAIK

Back