• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xue Ying Extreme Piercing Immeasurable Speed Revision

DontTalkDT

A Fossil at This Point
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Bronze Supporter
I noticed this a while ago and finally wanted to do a thread about this. Let me say that I have absolutely no knowledge about this verse, all I will say here is based on what is shown in the thread linked on his page used as justification for the rating, which is what originally gave the rating I think.
So, to follow what I'm saying, it's best to read through the quotes there. They are a lot but all quite short.

With that done: I don't think this should be Immeasurable speed. It is an attack that pierces spacetime, basically opening wormholes in a sense, but from what the quotes show it has never demonstrated the attribute of moving backwards in time that is characteristic and essential for immeasurable speed.
It pierces through space and time, sure, but that itself is just a common spacetime feat that does not necessarily equate to performing actions in negative timespans.

Then there is the teleportation vs extreme piercing thing... well, it doesn't really matter, but from the explanation of teleportation it sounds more like teleportation in the verse isn't truly instant. In reality waves in and of space travel at the speed of light, so technically the author is just saying that teleportation is speed of light movement... whether that's consistent with the verse idk, but the speed of the waves doesn't sound infinite IMO.

But yeah, it's mostly the first point. Spacetime piercing doesn't equate to immeasurable speed, as it isn't comparable to backwards in time fighting.

Sure.
@Zaratthustra
@Meagboyo
@Planck69
I summon thee!
9qg01FF.gif

This does make sense to me at a glance but I'll wait for Zara before committing. He'd know more about this specifically than I.

It does make sense, I guess it can go. My vote should be enough for the thread to end as Meag is not that active if at all and I don't think anyone other than I and Planck have read it.

Will you change it or should I?

I'm not on a computer atm. If it's not much trouble, you can change it.

Would it just be X, higher with Extreme Piercing then? I think it was at least faster than SoL due to teleportation being described that way but I might be wrong.

It could be, DT could help with an opinion here.

Another thing that I thing should be changed then its to unite his space manipulation and time manipulation into one Space-Time Manipulation (present the current arguments for them and then formulate one for Extreme Piercing).

My first impression of the technique was that it pierces spacetime and that way instantly moves from A to B, like with a wormhole.
If it's not that I suppose faster than whatever the best teleportation speed feat is would work. That would be at least SoL by the description.

My first impression of the technique was that it pierces spacetime and that way instantly moves from A to B, like with a wormhole.
If it's not that I suppose faster than whatever the best teleportation speed feat is would work. That would be at least SoL by the description.
So it is just space-time manipulation, write something like, space-time manipulation (the technique pierce space-time, create a wormhole, shorten it's path to the target), or whatever similar

Well, I was waiting for your response regarding which one will do the change between you and me (Immeasurable to either higher with Extreme Piercing or at least SoL speed; then change the separate Time and Space to one Space-Time Manipulation).

Oh ok. I think you should do it, since I don't know the series to include sources and stuff.

So, which one would you say works better "higher with Extreme Piercing" for speed or "At least Speed of Light with Extreme Piercing" based on it being faster than the Teleportation?

If we have confirmation of the teleportation speed then "At least Speed of Light with Extreme Piercing" should work.

It does say that Extreme Piercing transcends the speed of space waves.

But Extreme Piercing… meant being able to pierce through anything. It would similarly penetrate forcibly through the space wave itself! Since it could penetrate through it, then the velocity it could reach would naturally transcend the speed of the space waves."

I think FTL seems ok, for the keys that aren't already.

Okay, I will make the changes in 5-10 minutes. If nothing is more to be said here, I think you can close the thread DT.

Back