• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xianxia/Xuanhuan General Discussion: Junior, you dare?!

LOTM Authorities are Concept Manipulation yea, currently Type 1 in the wiki.
Law Manipulation is something that various characters have, even weaker ones.

Yan Sen rerverse-isekaid a guy back to his first life, back on earth with a punch. Anti Truck-Kun.

I was bored, so I decided to check some of the profiles which I didn't have time to read previously. When reading Xue Ying's profile, I found "Has reached the Final Realm in the Dao of Void by fusing all nine branches". Could someone remind me what were those branches aka what did they focus on?

I was bored, so I decided to check some of the profiles which I didn't have time to read previously. When reading Xue Ying's profile, I found "Has reached the Final Realm in the Dao of Void by fusing all nine branches". Could someone remind me what were those branches aka what did they focus on?
Sky, Earth, Void, Origin, Slaughter, Thread, Empty, Poly, and Nirvana Phases.

The Empty Phase holds the other phases and the Thread Phase interconnects them.

Nirvana Phase turns everything into nirvanic destruction.

Sky and Earth combine into Void Phase to turn existence into a painting and then terminate them - basically turning something into a 2-D thing and then destroying it...or just sealing it.

Origin Phase was mastery over Origin Energy.

Slaughter wasn't mentioned, he just mastered it and fused with other phases, but going from the Slaughter of the Mirage Dao, then it's likely to use the Void as a killing technique.

Poly wasn't mentioned at all, what it can do, he just mastered it and fused with the rest.

His profile will be reworked in future, once Ergen is finished.

While lifting the man, Alger lowered his back and strode toward the wall.

Bang! He used the man as a shield and smashed forward at the wall. His extremely muscular arm was monstrous.

A hole cracked open in the wooden wall, and rain poured in, accompanied by the scent of the ocean.

Alger flung the man out of the cabin, straight into the giant waves that resembled mountains.
This is Alger smashing through a wall of the Blue Avenger's captain's cabin. BA is a three-masted sailboat.
Is there any way to calculate this?

So... never made a Xianxia profile before, so I kinda need a bit of help here:

So, most xianxia shit here have their layering come from their realm. Ie, a Golden Core can't affect a Nascent Soul, etc...

In the novel I'm reading "Top Tier Providence", there were numerous situations where MC with good hax can't affect someone in the higher realm. There are also other scans where people are scared shitless of a higher realm dude, and their abilities have barely any effect on them. Additionally, there is shit like a level 2 Qi establishment dude can't see through a level 3 Qi Establishment. Would this be enough to assume every higher realm = a layer, with the exception for the sensing stuff?

So, most xianxia shit here have their layering come from their realm. Ie, a Golden Core can't affect a Nascent Soul, etc...

In the novel I'm reading "Top Tier Providence", there were numerous situations where MC with good hax can't affect someone in the higher realm. There are also other scans where people are scared shitless of a higher realm dude, and their abilities have barely any effect on them. Additionally, there is shit like a level 2 Qi establishment dude can't see through a level 3 Qi Establishment. Would this be enough to assume every higher realm = a layer, with the exception for the sensing stuff?
There is enough stuff for each major realm being another layer, yeah, but unless the higher realms you were talking about earlier were minor realms then I don't see enough stuff for each minor realm also being a jump in layers

There is enough stuff for each major realm being another layer, yeah, but unless the higher realms you were talking about earlier were minor realms then I don't see enough stuff for each minor realm also being a jump in layers
I assume by minor realm you mean the levels? Like, level 2 Qi stuff, level 3 qi stuff, etc...? Yeah, I'm not talking about those. Mostly talking about jumps from like, a Qi Establishment to a Foundation level, ie more than 9 levels.

Though, for the minor realms, perhaps the sensing stuff could be considered? Like, cultivators could sense the level of cultivation and power of their opponent, but not those of higher level (Ie level 3 can't sense a level 4)

U talking about this?
Yes.

I assume by minor realm you mean the levels? Like, level 2 Qi stuff, level 3 qi stuff, etc...? Yeah, I'm not talking about those. Mostly talking about jumps from like, a Qi Establishment to a Foundation level, ie more than 9 levels.

Though, for the minor realms, perhaps the sensing stuff could be considered? Like, cultivators could sense the level of cultivation and power of their opponent, but not those of higher level (Ie level 3 can't sense a level 4)
Yeah, those should be fine for layers then

I mean for sensing only, yeah

Nice~

Well, final question: If a power, say, mind/soul manip, was shown at realm 3 (Ie Golden Core), would we still assume that lower realms still have resistances?

Nice~

Well, final question: If a power, say, mind/soul manip, was shown at realm 3 (Ie Golden Core), would we still assume that lower realms still have resistances?
I wouldn't think so if it is something realm specific like if people in verse only get divine sense at golden core level I wouldn't assume that lower realms can't resist it, unless the verse also shows that despite being able to affect them freely, people who are higher in those lower realms are hard to effect
ie golden core can think and wipe out a town of mortals using divine sense, has to put a bit more effort into it when dealing with qi establishment, and has to put in a greater effort to deal with foundation establishment peeps
then in the latter case, they would get resistance

Ah no, not realm specific stuff. Like, say, dude has a specific power, and he was golden core realm, but the majority of the golden core dudes don't have it. It's his own power, not a realm specific one that the majority of those peeps in the realm get. Ie, not divine sense, nascent soul, etc... It's just that a dude has shown a power, and at that point of the story, he was shown to be a golden core realm user.

Ah no, not realm specific stuff. Like, say, dude has a specific power, and he was golden core realm, but the majority of the golden core dudes don't have it. It's his own power, not a realm specific one that the majority of those peeps in the realm get. Ie, not divine sense, nascent soul, etc... It's just that a dude has shown a power, and at that point of the story, he was shown to be a golden core realm user.
Ah, well, idk, prolly don't

I've read top tier, it's a very good novel for profiling. Things are pretty clear, I think you better start making the scale from top to bottom. If you don't remember something maybe I can help, or not because it's been 3 months since I concluded.

Just ignore the minor levels and focus on the major realms.

While minor stages especially something like level 2 and level 7 usually have a "difference of heaven and earth", there are too many especially as novels progress and you get like 7 or even 10+ major realms each with 9 or so minor levels.

Since this forum is half dead, I thought I would suggest a topic for a discussion. What do you think are the top 5 or 10 most broken explained techniques in CN? By explained, I mean we know what they do and they serve more than just a plot device (I am looking at you MH 10th hex).

New Pathways in LOTM/COI:
Dancer Pathway (ATS: Circle of Inevitability)
Villain Pathway (ATS: Mother Goddess of Depravity)
Fallen Tree Spirit Pathway (ATS: Mother Tree of Desire)

So far, most attempts of alien Angel descents on Earth was prevented by the Orthodox Deities.

New Pathways in LOTM/COI:
Dancer Pathway (ATS: Circle of Inevitability)
Villain Pathway (ATS: Mother Goddess of Depravity)
Fallen Tree Spirit Pathway (ATS: Mother Tree of Desire)

So far, most attempts of alien Angel descents on Earth was prevented by the Orthodox Deities.
Gotta start reading the new one.
Since this forum is half dead, I thought I would suggest a topic for a discussion. What do you think are the top 5 or 10 most broken explained techniques in CN? By explained, I mean we know what they do and they serve more than just a plot device (I am looking at you MH 10th hex).
This is practically impossible, we can list the top 10 strongest known works, and it still gets very difficult.

I would instead suggest your personal favorite arts/techniques used by characters in these novels than that. This should work better and be more entertaining as you write what you like and not try to think of op hax. You could take X art of Y character that you liked and then try to explain how it works, its uses and the like.

Has anyone played Sword and Fairy: Together Forever on ps4 or ps5? (Might be on PC too).

That's a xianxia game. And a good one. Graphics are pretty and it's a good action rpg gameplay wise.

Last edited:
Reading "My Hardwork isn't a Cheat". First new novel I've read in ages.

I kinda stopped reading these novels last year but this one got me back into it.

This novel actually has normal human beings only that they have powers/are cultivators.

Also MC doesn't suddenly become a psychopath just cause he killed a few evil people. He is also not a bystander who let's evil people get away with stuff just cause they are powerful. Heck, most characters in the novel aren't cowardly bystanders.

The villains have to cultivate a good image among civillians and hide evidence to continue running rampant otherwise they would have already been taken down.

And even old cultivators who have lived for hundreds of years still maintain ordinary human morality like protecting children, ordinary civillians, and even refugees.

There's no young masters or "aloof" cultivators or any other nonsense like that. Even cultivators who have lived for thousands of years still act normal.

Plus there's pretty much a "with great power comes great responsibility" Spider-Man-like theme where the stronger cultivators take on more responsibilities towards humanity (rather than hiding in a cave cultivating for hundreds of years and still failing to breakthrough like in other novels).

To this day I still think the dumbest way a cultivator can die is while retreating in meditation. Just go out and live your life old man. Maybe you will get some enlightenment along the way. But nah, some of these guys prefer to lock themselves in a cave for years.

Last edited:
Started reading AtG and unsheathed (Sword of Coming) recently. As of right now, I'm like 30ish chapter into AtG, and it's pretty nice. Unsheathed is on a whole another level tho. It currently has like 54 chapter translated on Wuxiaworld, and I binged that pretty darn quick despite how long it is (One chapter had like 8k words). Quite slow pace, but damn the writing is good.

Anyone heard/read it?

Against the Gods was pretty nice at beginning but after a whie it drops a lot as the mc can't think without his di*k, the author explains how Heaven shaking, earth rendig X beauty is for 1-2 whole chapters.. plus the comportament of the mc is scummish.

Heard for years that Sword of Coming is good, will wait for more chapters to be released before I try it.

Yeah... thats what you think as you'll have tons of feats... you'll remember the major ones but likely not all. Good luck. Yun Che vs Issei

Milky beauties with jade skin >>>>>>>>>>
buzz-lightyear-factory.gif

It's concerning how you need to make more assumptions, and thus have a larger margin of error, when doing calculations for novels.

On the other hand, novels with unnaturaly specific details of feats are concerning for a different reason. They tend to be poorly-written garbage.

Back