• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

XCOM Soldier (Composite) vs Guts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel_Krukov

🖖 Live long and prosper
He/Him
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Image Helper
XCOM Soldier (Composite) vs Guts

Rules:

Guts: 1 (TISSG7Redgrave)

XCOM Soldier: 7 (SomebodyData, Omegagoldfish, Shadowbokunohero, LoyalservantofInti,Xanxussama1010,Nico-v11,Cropfist)

Inconclusive: 1 (Mefre)

Hmmm Guts can one shot the XCOM soldier by attacking the soul... however force fields, mind control, and invisibility make that nearly impossible + fire and Poison well tear down his health...

XCOM 5.6/10

Bump

Just from my reading, the only advantage the XCOM soldier has is range. Guts is faster, stronger, more experienced and more durable. XCOM soldier could in theory use some equipment to vanish, but Guts's speed will prevent any major advantages from ambush.

Guts wins here.

Speed is equalised

Ah. In that case, XCOM Composite. Superior range and equal speed means it's only a matter of holding Guts further than about seventy meters away, while camo-fields, psionics and plasma bursts shred him.

Camo fields do break when shooting, although they can be re-engaged.

Given that this soldier has all equipment his/her psionic ratings are likely off the charts, but what's Guts' will strength like? If it's super strong then they might not be that effective.

Guts's will strength would probably be absurd, but remember, psionics aren't all offensive. Furthermore. XCOM Composite has better area control with landmines, stealth, drones, psionics on anyone nearby, due to SBA never specifying passer-by.

If Guts is considered a supernatural threat to humanity (which would probably be the reason for combat, the guy attracts literal demons all the time), civillian casualties would be acceptable and covered up. Furthermore, starting range would grant XCOM Composite plenty of time to line up sniper shot after sniper shot, mind control hordes of civillians to distract and harry Guts, and ultimately hack some sort of infrastructure to disable him.

The fight wouldn't even get into CQC, so Guts's advantage there is null, and XCOM Composite could slip away with hacking, stealth fields, or mind controlled passerby, resetting the cycle. It's only a matter of time before a rocket, plasma blast, laser, or psionic assault brings Guts down.

Bump

Hmmm Guts has to go through a ton of these guys (which is nothing new to him lol) though technology will surprise him he can still take it but the factor of the match is the berserker armor even with XCOM's strongest attack he can run through it due to it ignoring the pain though spamming it will bring him down but invulnerability may not help since he can attack their souls and bypass Dura. So i'mma give it to Guts due to the fact that he can take on large numbers with very tricky tactics to dodge and also take the damage to move in and close the distance with the berserker armor

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Hmmm Guts has to go through a ton of these guys (which is nothing new to him lol) though technology will surprise him he can still take it but the factor of the match is the berserker armor even with XCOM's strongest attack he can run through it due to it ignoring the pain though spamming it will bring him down but invulnerability may not help since he can attack their souls and bypass Dura. So i'mma give it to Guts due to the fact that he can take on large numbers with very tricky tactics to dodge and also take the damage to move in and close the distance with the berserker armor
Doubtful, as, while the Berzerker Armor neutralizes pain, it does not stop actual damage. I don't care how little pain you feel, if your legs have been liquified, you're not going anywhere. With XCOM Composite's better area control, range, and variety of attacks, and with equalized speed, there's nothing Guts can do to close the gap.

Bear in mind, XCOM Composite would have fought hundreds of opponents that specialize in mélee combat, and it doesn't take a genius to see that the big guy with the bigger sword like to get in close. Remember that XCOM Composite also has dozens of fallback plans, armor to stop the blade, drones to ram into Guts and harrass him, psionics to confuse, disorient, and surround him by strangers. Berzerker Armor is overhyped, and it wouldn't stop plasma assaults, rocket launchers, grenades, or a collapsing building. Guts would be overwhelmed at range, and stalled up close.

That's what i mean it doesn't stop the damage but allows him to ignore it but the damage will last though Guts i don't think will be stupid enough to try to get hit by them and play a tactical advantage i mean he the thing is they are 8-B via a certain move otherwise they can't do jack to Guts based on the page here.

BTW did anyone look at the list of Notable Attacks/Techniques and Equipment for the XCOM Soldier?

Omegagoldfish said:
I think the thread's dead. Shame.
I've tried to get attention, can't do much if people have no interest. :/

I would say that guts take this as the best the XCOM Soldier can use against him is the rift, which deals damage dependent on your willpower, and considering how Guts is, I don't see it taking him down, also even with speed equalized, I would say Guts take this due to soul damaging and that they would need to hit guts with the equipment to damage him at all, and I am pretty sure Guts won't stand there waiting to get hit, so I say guts would win.

XCOM Trooper can go invisible (For critical suprise attacks) and use a whole arsenal of equipment on Guts

You said that Guts wouldn't just stand there waiting to get hit, but I replied saying that the XCOM Soldier can go invisible and therefore do a lot of damage without Guts knowing what hit him (unless there's something I missed).

Is there any counter to all the equipment that the XCOM Soldier is packing?

ok, well the invisibility would maybe let them hit him 1 or 2 times, it would not be hard for Guts to understand that XCOM is using some sort of camoflauge, depending on what XCOM use during those chances, so I will change my answar to inconclusive, since it really depends on what XCOM use before Guts notice that XCOM are making himself invisible, as Guts will be extra careful when he notices it, also the armor does not make XCOM completely invisible, you can still see the air being disoriented when the phantom armor is used, so in the end it depepnds if XCOM will go with their best equipment instantly on Guts, since there is no prep time I'd doubt XCOM would do that, but since it's a question on wheter or not XCOM use XCOM's chance to deal with him there I say that if XCOM do the XCOM Soldier wins, and if they don't Guts win. so Inconclusive is what I end up with.

The gene mods can also make the soldier invisible too. The blue glow effect is just game mechanics to let the player actually see where their soldier is. If you on the opposiing team you don't actually see anything.

How close does Guts have to be to attack the soul?

Extended Melee range basically dragon slayers reach in order to strike it also he has arrows and an arm canon mind everyone here so he isn't rangeless

I'm assuming that they're 8-B too, or are they at a different AP level?

That idk i don't think so me thinks but AMM knows about this more than me

I have no idea who wins, but the XCOM soldier has way better range weapons, he could simply spam them if Guts is far away, if he gets hit, he is going to suffer a lot of damage since speed is equalized... so if the battle starts from far away, the XCOM soldier has this in the bag

But if it is in CQC, Guts is going to destroy him with ease because of having a higher strength and The Dragonslayer being capable of bypassing durability in some degree

Since long range or CQC is too unfair, what would be a fair starting distance?

Colonel Krukov said:
Since long range or CQC is too unfair, what would be a fair starting distance?
Hmmm, maybe 20 meters or something... since that is the maximun range in XCOM, in gameplay of course

Kk, that sounds fair, I'll update the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back