• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Something: XCOM Soldier vs Sarada Uchiha (8-B Tournament)

Next battle will be up shortly.

When your reasoning for it to work for it to work on magical objects is "It is never show to only work on normal ones" it isn't a really good argument.

"Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion."

The power causes explosives to explode. It is shown to work on stuff aside from mundane real-world explosives. What about this doesn't make sense.

I'm making the next thread.

Aren't the explosives from naruto paper or something?

I don't really think we could equalize plasma to paper, even if they end up producing the same thing in the end.

But it similar at all beyond the fact that they go boom. Or what, all oil will explode while close to him? Or why don't we say that sarada herself explodes, its her chakra that makes it.

Also... again, how would it explode without chakra? That's like saying a molotov cocktail being put on fire without alchohol

@Ricsi It is an active ability lol. Not passive aura. And plasma has no igniter, it just IS plasma. The plasma itself explodes. So sure. Why not. The ability makes stuff that is meant to explode, explode. I'm just relaying what the ability is.

Anyhow, next thread, luckily without the HST in it.

It works on these. Your magic explosives are ultimately explosives. My D&D character's magical sword is ultimately a sword and subject to powers like metal manipulation even if its power comes from magic.

This is immaterial, the fight is over, but still.

Mr. Bambu said:
It works on these. Your magic explosives are ultimately explosives. My D&D character's magical sword is ultimately a sword and subject to powers like metal manipulation even if its power comes from magic.

This is immaterial, the fight is over, but still.
Yes but if the power was "Melts all swords" and had been shown in-verse to effect ordinary steel swords and swords made from a made up material, that doesn't mean it would work on lightsabers or swords made out of pure magic.

Even triggering explosions of something like plasma is very different from triggering an explosion of some magic runes written on paper.

No, its not like that at all.

You are saying it would put chakra into a peace of paper because it has the ability to explode.

And the last was also a false equivalency. It's more amongs the lines of saying metal manip works on normal swords, so it should work on energy swords despite the sword not sharing anything expect the final effect of using it, cutting

Sarada doesn't have mind hax on her profile and even if she did, the XCOM soldier has a mind shield that is able to resist a mind attacks from a race that whole entire thing is psionics and mind control (Plus the Uber Ethreal who is dialled up to 11). A late game XCOM soldier is capable of mind controlling said aliens (The Uber Ethreal is unfortunately blocked by game mechanics even if the chance to control it is 100%). Not only this, but an XCOM soldier can punish mind attacks by overloading the mind of said attacker and preventing further mind attacks for a limited time.

While I'm not aware of Sarada's feats I will describe what feats a peak XCOM soldier has. So, each "rookie" is basically a peak human, likely recruited from a special ops like the Navy Seals, SAS, People's Liberation Army etc. Over the course of the game a veteran of the highest level is likely to face each type of alien, and no doubt be deployed around a lowball of 50+ missions fighting enemies that usually superior until the technology to even the playing field is developed. Although it's "player/commanders choice". It's possible for a single operative to go on a mission and completely wipe out the alien party solo (Bear in mind this soldier isn't even a composite due to gameplay restrictions, there's an achievement in the first game for this).

So the XCOM soldier does also have resistance to Sadara's other abilities like:

• Fire Manipulation: The late game armours are resistant to fire damage
  • Illusion and Shapeshifting: The battle scanner reveals fog of war and can reveal the shapeshifter aliens that are disgiused as humans
  • Electricity Attacks (To an extent): XCOM soldier has backup organs, vis a vis, the heart, and being to go invulnerable when fatal damage is about to be taken.
  • Speed issues: The XCOM soldier can just use if speed becomes a problem and plan to overwhelm when the Stasis ends.
Sustain is a lifeline ability that causes a Psi Operative to be placed into Stasis with 1 health if they were to be killed.
Stasis will remove all actions from an enemy, but makes them immune to all damage and prevents targeting them.
Summary.

XCOM Soldier takes this with a hax advantage and being able to counter a few of Sadara's abilities, as well as possibly having better feats, although the soldier himself has a few issues with being countered in some areas. XCOM Soldier wins about 8/10.

I don't know why, but I missed the mindhax on XCOM. IDK how likely they are to start with it, but the moment they use it it's a sealed victory.

Switching to XCOM.

Colonel Krukov said:
Speed amping is null since Speed is equalised.
I agree with you for the most part, but that's ouright false. It was decided like a month ago that speed amps are allowed in equalized matches.

I wasn't around a month ago so I'll retract this.

In his defence, the versus thread rules page still says

• When making a speed equalized match, all speed statistics are considered equalized, including speed gained through statitstic-amplifying techniques and transformations.

Speed amp is allowed, but still. Even though this is closed, I asked Bokuno specifically if Sarada resisted mindhax. And she doesn't.

Even though the thread is over that point was unfounded. Next thread is up, though. Luckily.

GyroNutz said:
In his defence, the versus thread rules page still says
    • When making a speed equalized match, all speed statistics are considered equalized, including speed gained through statitstic-amplifying techniques and transformations.
That will be updated soon. The desision is made already, however. So we either argue the thread with it in mind, or forfeit any result of this thread when the rules update.

I hope you'd rather not waste your time if you're thinking of the latter case.

Oh, no, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm just saying why someone might think that speed amps aren't a thing in speed equal

Back