• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of Something: XCOM Soldier vs Sarada Uchiha (8-B Tournament)

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
XCOM Soldier vs Sarada Uchiha

Part of the 8-B Tournament going o.

Speed is equalized, both are victorylusted, meaning they will act out of character to achieve victory (or what they believe will grant them victory). Starting range of 20 meters.

XCOM's weapons are all high-end plasma, meaning 8-B.

Who wins?

XCOM Soldier: 1 (TacticalNuke002)

Sarada: 4 (Ricsi-viragosi, Dargoo Faust, GyroNutz, Rocker1189)

Incon (plz no):

XCOM soldier should take this with medium difficulty. Both probably resist each other's mind hax and then Soldier uses TK to grab Sarada and riddle her with plasma fire.

Voting XCOM Soldier via Telekinesis, Forcefield, Resistances, regen and invulnerability.

I'll say sarada. She has plenty electric attacks to get around resistances, and once she gets past the armor she one-shots.

Precog helps. Lifting strenght and speed amps also help in disarming and using weapons against him. Or disarming and wrestling down really.

Sarada's precog helps with everything other than telekinesis. And I don't beieve this is the kind of telekinesis which can be resisted with lifting strength. She'll need to make him stop and she can't do it as Soldier resists her options while immobilised(like mind hax and fire attacks).

Also, XCOM soldier's Overwatch skill ensures that Sarada can't move out of cover with getting fired upon.

All telekinesis can be resisted through lifting strenght...

If you use a power to hold someone down, it needs more lifting strenght (with the power anyways) to be able to do that.

Would flight really help against electricity?

Would poison really be useful in what will likely be a quick fight?

Sarada FRA.

Just gonna say, why exactly is electricity better than XCOM soldier's various abilities that also get past durability? Like why is that one power a reasoning for winning?

Since when was one power the reasoning for victory? My reasoning was that she can speed amp, predict his attacks, see him while invisible with the sharingan (I'll admit I added this one now) and is more likely to use attacks s/he doesn't resist plain.

Plus, she can use things like bunshin and transformation to catch by surprise, or tie him up in wire capable of restricting people far stronger (lifting sternght wise) than him

By the way, how good is his resistance to mind manip, and fire manip if we're there too.?

Alright. Couple things.

1. Transforming won't work. XCOM regularly deals with transforming enemies, including those that were harmless one second and enemies the next.

2. Sarada doesn't appear to have mind manip, and... assuming we're using composite, very good is the best term I could say.

3. Does Sarada counter forcefield, mind control, etc etc? Because XCOM very much opens with the latter and the former is often used.

I'm not voting either way, just presenting the character.

Rescinding my vote, pending further discussion.

1. Having experience with something doesn't automatically counter it...

2. not for saradaa, just asking.

3. She has resistance to mind manipulation, could just keep dodging until it breaks, and then attack. Plus, how much could she get from disarming?

Alright. Like I said, I'm not saying either side is gonna win but without knowing how OP her precog is this is sorta a weird premise rn lol.

Additionally, this should be on the profile, but XCOM's mindhax allows them to surpass durability, damaging even those that don't have minds (it can damage them, but not mind control them).

Here's a few opening abilities of a psi operative.

• Insanity: Breaks the targets mentality. Has a chance to make the target fall under control of XCOM.
  • Soulfire: Deals decent damage, heals XCOM.
  • Solace: Operative is surrounded by an aura that negates mental impairments.
  • Sustain: While this cannot be spammed, if the XCOM operative is killed, they revive to minimal health.
  • Fuse: Explodes any explosives held by the enemy.
  • Domination: Permanently mind control an enemy.
  • Fortress: Operative is totally immune to fire, acid, poison, and explosive damage.
  • Void Rift: Creates a large storm that harms all within it on a physical level, and can cause any target within it to become insane.
This is just the Psi Operative, not sure on any DLC stuff.

Ricsi, she has resistance to Perception Manip and illusion creation. Not mind manip. And... your argument that "they'd be surprised by the transformation" doesn't work on a being that regularly deals with that. That'd be like telling me I'd be surprised by a car when I see cars every day.

Her reye's allow to predict pysical movements, see chakra (even through walls or as small as cells) and copy movements, techniques and special powers (the latter is not likel to be usefull).

Don't most of those need aiming and to hit? Sarada does prefer to dodge, and has many ways to do that.

Nah. Firearms need aim to hit, pretty much all of the above is AoE or just auto-hits. Also forgot Null Lance, which goes through walls and harms enemies.

Mr. Bambu said:
Ricsi, she has resistance to Perception Manip and illusion creation. Not mind manip. And... your argument that "they'd be surprised by the transformation" doesn't work on a being that regularly deals with that. That'd be like telling me I'd be surprised by a car when I see cars every day.
I litiraly said I'm not asking for sarada's case, just for the sake of it. And she resists genjutsu overall, might make a crt later, but genjutsu can be used for mind control (as seen with the woman used to sdistract jiraiya).

I'm saying that making clones and then using it to transform could surprise him.

I'd also doubt that, XCOM also happens to battle beings that duplicate. And... if a CRT needs made, this fight is not added, tournament moves on, XCOM moves on, Sarada gets her CRT. Standard practice, IIRC.

If Sarada carries explosives, they explode that, they have the Void Rift, if you count Null Lance it just hits everything in a line, they have their own explosives and grenades that range from fire and explosions to poison, acid, and freezing.

I suppose, but they resist that surprise. I'm not doubting how useful it is, just that XCOM counters it through experience.

Mr. Bambu said:
I suppose, but they resist that surprise. I'm not doubting how useful it is, just that XCOM counters it through experience.
Yeah, experience alone doesn't make you immune to something, especialy when someone is distracting you (see when pain got surprised by naruto turning into a rock while a clone was facing him)

I don't think she actualy does, but even then, isn't it a bit reaching for it to say that it works on a papre with mental and physical energy sealed in it.

Plus, she could just snipe the grenades and explosive, she has the precision for it.

Also, she can throw a few electricity orbs around the place, make a lighting armor on her to protect from damage (and speed amp), or even a huming thunder strike.

You're proposing what she could do. If I wanted to list what XCOM could do, we'd be here for awhile. You're looking at the composite of all XCOM soldiers, as in, MEC, Psi Operative, etc etc.

If Sarada needs a battle-changing CRT, let me know. Because then this fight is invalid and we move on, and Sarada isn't in the tournament. As it stands, she does not have Mind Resist.

Also. If you're saying XCOM will be surprised by duplication, then yes, experiencing it negates that surprise. It doesn't make you immune to the actions of the clones, but the surprise itself.

And... no. Verse equalization. XCOM detonates any explosives held by the enemy. If she carries them (not sure if they're a jutsu or not), they get detonated on her.

First thing I want to say is that that is not how verse equal works. It does not equalize mental and physical energy to explosives because both go boom. Or whatm deidara would automatically be detonated against him? And how would it detonate it at all? Put chakra in it?

No. My exemple showed what I meant. Distract him, substitute with a clone and transform without him realizing that. Having experience with something doesn't make it impossible to use againsts you as long as the enemy can not make you realize it is being used.

I believe I have brought this up in the discussion thread, but genjutsu in general gets resisted..

As for last, she has one fire jutsu and everything else she has is electricity manip, she is a genious and does use electricity.

The power was made to work on weird explosives (those made from plasma for the explosive). And it works on normal explosives. So yes. It detonates explosives.

So she does not have mind resistance. Meaning mind control is absolutely on the table. To which she has literally no defense against with her profile being the way it is. Also, distraction lol?

I'm not doubting her electricity, just that her being able to harm them isn't a method for victory in of itself. Again, XCOM can harm her just the same.

I am not trying to bend it so XCOM wins, please understand that, I'm just against the thread being portrayed in such a way that one character seems like they should win without any reason to.

Again, NLF. Will it provide the chakra for it to work? Will it overwrite the specific mechnaics that make it work in the first place? Because plasma and life energy are not comparable.

> She resists genjutsu in general

>Genjutsu can be used for mind control

>No resistace.

Well then.

The moment she gets past the armor she one-shots, especialy as human bodies are electricity conductive.

TacticalNuke002 said:
I don't think genjutsu users resist genjutsu(aka mind manip) to any degree, otherwise there would be no need for averting eyes like everyone does.
Itachi's genjutsu is so good that he could fodderize kage level opponents with it.

On the other hand, Sakura with her chakra control, to whom Sarada scales (above as she can use the strength enchantments from shippuden), could resist genjutsu

If her resisting genjutsu gives her mind manip resist, then you need to make a CRT to add that to the profile, and this thread needs to be suspended, with XCOM automatically progressing.

Yeah, I will make it.

Edit: Actualy, we will put it into the blog being made about chakra and such (there is a discussion for that too) and change the profiles to "resist genjutsu" and just link it.

Sarada hasn't lost, don't worry. She's only disqualified from the tournament due to using an ability that she wasn't supposed to have.

Moral: Always declare items to airport security, otherwise you may need to cry.

Right. Well. Before closing this, verse equalization is in no way NLF lol. It detonates explosives. It is never shown to only work on simple explosives.

Anyways. XCOM moves on and this thread is resolved, if a profile change is needed.

Back