• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Men Film Series General Discussion Thread

To be fair, Jean rarely uses her TK as a direct attack, just to restrain. I also heard that Kratos would be upgraded to 4-C
Wouldn't that allow Kratos to whack Jean with a single touch?

Wouldn't that allow Kratos to whack Jean with a single touch?
Yes, but Jean's main thing is her hax (mind hax and deconstruction) and her TK to restrain. In all of her fights she was always AP stomped (5-C, 5-A and 4-A)

Yes, but Jean's main thing is her hax (mind hax and deconstruction) and her TK to restrain. In all of her fights she was always AP stomped (5-C, 5-A and 4-A)
Demigod Kratos is gonna have higher LS to him + he has his own Deconstruction and Power Null hax + He resists mindhax that warps reality

Demigod Kratos is gonna have higher LS to him + he has his own Deconstruction and Power Null hax + He resists mindhax that warps reality
What LS will he have? Jean resists deconstruction but it is true that Kratos can also attack the soul, although Jean can also use deconstruction on Kratos. Jean's mind hax is layered, I don't know how the reality warping could be quantify

Let me check if there's any other FOX Marvel films with OP villains

There might be some potential FOX X-Men vs FOX Daredevil matchups depending on the fate of that calc

What LS will he have?
Class T.

Jean resists deconstruction but it is true that Kratos can also attack the soul, although Jean can also use deconstruction on Kratos. Jean's mind hax is layered, I don't know how the reality warping could be quantify
Kratos is constantly haunted by nightmares which makes it hard to keep him under control. So in a way, that serves as a layer of Mind hax resistance for Kratos as well.

Post-Retcon?
Yes, her Pre-Retcon profile is outdated
Hmmmmmm, what are those layers? The walls that Xavier put up?
Silverfox < Wolverine and Sabertooth (neither could be mind haxed without even trying to resist) < Future Past Charles (couldn’t even use his TP properly and was just off his X gene drug suppressant but could still bypass Logan’s defenses) < Jean w/mental nerf (could casually do the same to a bloodlusted Logan and took effort from a not super nerfed Charles to suppress) < Apocalypse Charles (had to mind hax Jean to suppress her memories and did so to calm her down) < Apocalypse (mentally beat the shit out of Charles) < Jean not holding back (completely annihilated Apocalypse’s mental form that was stomping Charles) < Jean has the Host of the Phoenix Force

Does someone know if any character scales to Cyclops or Jean from the Original Timeline in terms of speed/reactions?

Wolverine fought evenly with Lady Deathstrike, who could tag Cyclops
Looking at that scene, Cyclops had his back turned and with the guard down since he thought she was knocked out, and when he turned around she was already jumping on him but he was still able to react, would she still scale?

Yeah, she’s still scale. She’s not close enough before hand to where you could say she took advantage of the range

Plus, if you look closely, she wasn’t already attacking when he looked. He turned to see her before she actually made her attack, which backs this up more. She wasn’t in the middle of her attack

Well, then that dumb fight takes away the possibility of some characters having Relativistic speed

Could that be the reason why it can't be scaled?

I feel like the Relativistic scaling still isn’t that bombastic given Wolverine’s literally blocked the beams as well, but eh

The reason they don't scale to that speed is because all characters would scale to Relativistic even though they can be hit by bullets. So if no one scales from Cyclops and Jean there shouldn't be any problems, but that fight ruins everything

I could be very wrong about this, but I only recall bullets being something that characters in the verse had more trouble avoiding in The Wolverine while Logan is in the process of losing his powers. Again though, I could be very wrong

The Hypersonic stuff that KLOL calc'd is likely gonna be more consistent

It’s also worth mentioning that a young Magneto told Xavier he’s capable of stopping a bullet while a gun’s right against his head

Going off of my memory, I can't remember specific examples from the Original Timeline. I'll check that a bit later

The movies (understandably) want us to know that Quicksilver is much faster than the rest of the cast, so it makes sense why the scene is like that

It’s also worth mentioning that a young Magneto told Xavier he’s capable of stopping a bullet while a gun’s right against his head
Here is the scene
The movies (understandably) want us to know that Quicksilver is much faster than the rest of the cast, so it makes sense why the scene is like that
Yes, but the scene shows us that neither of them was able to react to the bullets

I personally wouldn't say the Quicksilver scene is a huge anti-feat. Yes, he wasn't able to react, but Magneto's statement (which is backed up by Xavier stating he shouldn't use it for training if he knows it's something he can do without any fear) as well as the fact we've seen him react to bullets seems to favour the kitchen scene as more of an emphasis on Pietro's superior speed and less on Magneto not having the capability to react to such speeds

Agree, the scene has pis to make Quicksilver look cool, since it contradicts Wolverine fighting characters like Deadpool and Magneto blocking bullets and him stating that he can deflect one at point blank range

Back