• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Men Film Series General Discussion Thread

So as far as First Class and the Revised Timeline are concerned, it doesn't seem like there's any anti-feats. I'll have to check in with the Original Timeline to investigate further

Also I'd like to note that Wolverine's power loss in The Wolverine isn't like, a small nerf. It affects his healing and he's generally shown having more trouble in combat, receiving greater harm and what not. Given that it is narratively displayed that he isn't doing as great in combat because of that, I do believe its strong enough evidence to say that him being hit with bullets during his power loss isn't a gigantic anti-feat

Quicksilver seeing bullets in slow motion would automatically hurl him into MHS to MHS+ territory given the shit-ton of actions he did within that dilated time so I'm not sure why that feat is even being considered to be an anti-feat. Worse still, Wolverine really doesn't care about slicing through bullets because that's not his style of combat, his style is to rip everything apart in front of him thanks to his insane healing factor.

Quicksilver seeing bullets in slow motion would automatically hurl him into MHS to MHS+ territory given the shit-ton of actions he did within that dilated time so I'm not sure why that feat is even being considered to be an anti-feat. Worse still, Wolverine really doesn't care about slicing through bullets because that's not his style of combat, his style is to rip everything apart in front of him thanks to his insane healing factor.
Yes, but the problem is that we are trying to upgrade the speed of the main cast to Relativistic via dodging the Optic Blast which is SoL, it was rejected before because characters who are hit by bullets would scale at that speed, so now we're looking for those anti-feats although they seem to be not very conclusive to contradict the upgrade

Yes, but the problem is that we are trying to upgrade the speed of the main cast to Relativistic via dodging the Optic Blast which is SoL, it was rejected before because characters who are hit by bullets would scale at that speed, so now we're looking for those anti-feats although they seem to be not very conclusive to contradict the upgrade
Oh. Didn't see that coming.

Well yeah, Wolverine only reacted to the beam that one single time. I don't remember anyone else really dodging the beams after they were shot.

Nuh uh fam, this ain't it chief, blatant aim-dodging. In the first scene, Magneto is already ducking to his right right before the beam pops up into the screen, and then for the next defense his metal shields are already up to protect him right before the beam is shot, if you go frame-by-frame you will notice this.

Prolly the only good feat but given just how far Jean scales above the rest of the cast I'd be incredibly hesitant to scale this to anyone else. It's consistent with her pulling away furniture from Quicksilver running at her at top speed.

In the first scene, Magneto is already ducking to his right right before the beam pops up into the screen
Is considered aim dodging while facing away from the attack? You can hear the Optic Blast being fired before it pops up into the screen, and Magneto starts moving at that moment. And I was only referring to the first scene, the second is clearly aim dodging
Prolly the only good feat but given just how far Jean scales above the rest of the cast I'd be incredibly hesitant to scale this to anyone else.
If Cyclops scales from Jean then the entire cast will scale from him as he was tagged by Lady Deathstrike

The instances of bullets hitting people seem to have pretty explainable contexts behind them:

A) Wolverine doesn't bother to avoid them given his durability and regeneration. He's done this with other, lesser attacks (AKA things that aren't strong ass mutants) that aren't bullets

B) Wolverine suffering power loss, which affected a lot more than his speed in terms of physical attributes as shown in The Wolverine

C) Magneto focusing on an opponent in the heat of battle which made him vulnerable to a projectile he has consistently been able to stop (including at point-blank range when he was less experienced with his powers)

Is considered aim dodging while facing away from the attack?
Only if you start moving before the attack arrives.

You can hear the Optic Blast being fired before it pops up into the screen, and Magneto starts moving at that moment.
Could just be a charging up sound honestly.

If Cyclops scales from Jean then the entire cast will scale from him as he was tagged by Lady Deathstrike
Did Jean and Scott ever melee fight on comparable grounds?

For convenience, here are the Optic Blast reaction feats I know exist

Wolverine blocks an Optic Blast
Really the only legitimate blocking scene but there's still a bit of distance between him and the ligth that will neuter his reaction speed regardless.

That being said, some of the holes made by the Optic Beam need some revamps. I'll recalc the nuclear tower holes Weapon XI made later.
https://gfycat.com/essentialadmiredarmadillo
They didn't jump, they only reacted slightly to the oncoming beam, most of that jump can be attributed to the beam contributing further energy to their leap.
https://gfycat.com/scratchyinborngrackle
There is a shit-ton of distance between Sabretooth and the Optic Blast that this would also neuter the reaction and might wield something lower than Sub-Rel. Maybe.

There is a shit-ton of distance between Sabretooth and the Optic Blast that this would also neuter the reaction and might wield something lower than Sub-Rel. Maybe.
I definitely don’t think it’s on the same level of speed as Jean’s feat, but I certainly think its worth calcing

Wolverine and Sabretooth still reacted to the Optic Blast in the other feat, which I still think is relevant for the feats we are discussing. But I get what you’re saying

Wolverine and Sabretooth still reacted to the Optic Blast in the other feat, which I still think is relevant for the feats we are discussing. But I get what you’re saying
They reacted, but the distance they moved compared to the actual beam is still considerably tiny, like the best they could do is raise their arms up to shoulder level while within that same timeframe the beam already covered half a reactor chimney.

That being said, some of the holes made by the Optic Beam need some revamps. I'll recalc the nuclear tower holes Weapon XI made later.
Might also be worth to calc this feat. I also don't know if Toad would scale to lightning with this

Last edited:
Really the only legitimate blocking scene but there's still a bit of distance between him and the ligth that will neuter his reaction speed regardless.

I'm admittedly curious to see how much higher that'll be than the current rating

This is what Qawsedf said regarding the Optic Blast and the speed:
They have no statements, general suppor/ing feats and are hit by other things to much.

If you ignore the statements suggesting the Optic Blasts are lightspeed, then everyone's speed is consistent with the above. The beams themselves also have inconsistent speeds with being SoL in the first place.

Well we already debunked the “hit by other things too much”

No statements? We have a statement that calls them Lightspeed verbatim. I don’t really think their speed is inconsistent either. Slower projectiles are never portrayed as being faster than them

Last edited:
If an X-Men team profile comes along down the line, do you think we should make two pages? One for the Original Timeline and one for the Revised Timeline? The reason I think that’s ideal is because the team formats change as the movies go on, so to avoid clutter and make the pages comprehensible, it’d be better to make this separation

I can’t remember the context of that scene (which I’ll hopefully be remedying by continuing my X-Men watch). How was Apocalypse empowering him?

I can’t remember the context of that scene (which I’ll hopefully be remedying by continuing my X-Men watch). How was Apocalypse empowering him?
He amped the powers of Storm, Psylocke and Charles, and he must have done the same with Magneto for him to do this. And when Magneto destroyed Auschwitz, Apocalypse didn't have his white eyes which is what happens when he empowers someone, so I guess he amplified his powers off screen

If we know that Magneto was in fact amplified, we could have a key like the following

Key: Pre-Amplification | Post-Amplification

If we know that Magneto was in fact amplified, we could have a key like the following

Key: Pre-Amplification | Post-Amplification
He must have been amped by Apocalypse unless we say that Magneto was "6-A, possibly High 6-A" the whole time. I think his keys should be "Base | Horseman of War", since we don't know if he kept his amp after Apocalypse died

Those key names sound better. Also it is more likely that the amp was a result of Apocalypse

For Base Magneto, we could try calcing that satellite feat from First Class. That’s the first feat that comes to my mind

Post-Retcon Magneto sandbox. The 7-C rating is just a placeholder until we find a way to calc the destruction of Auschwitz, it also remains to word his intelligence and add a summary
Wouldn't he also have his First Class and Dark Phoenix Renders when he has those Black Helmets?

Her profile will need some work. There’s three movies as well as novelizations to look at which will likely make her page less empty

Then we'll likely have to revise on their pre retcon keys too then

Back