• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X-Men Film Series General Discussion Thread

Not talking about the reaction feat, but the beams themselves. They got rejected being SoL too? Despite them literally being the same power as Cyclops and there being no evidence that the powers suddenly became weaker than their original templates?
No, they're still legitimately light. Its just that reaction to them got rejected as outliers

The SoL statement is really blatant, so relevant attack speed ratings aren't going anywhere

I really wish the lightning feats standards would be simplifed. For some reason, it doesn't even give out disqualifiers like the laser/light beam page does

I really wish the lightning feats standards would be simplifed. For some reason, it doesn't even give out disqualifiers like the laser/light beam page does
To be fair, its a little easier with lightning, but I get what you mean 100%

No, they're still legitimately light. Its just that reaction to them got rejected as outliers

The SoL statement is really blatant, so relevant attack speed ratings aren't going anywhere
Again, I know that.

I'm still curious as to why Weapon XI didn't get his Optic Beams upgraded to SoL attack speed only as well.

I'm not very familiar with our lightning feats standards so, would this scene qualify as real 8-C lightning?
It should but there is one big problem with scaling said lightning to those good folk over there.

They're touching a metal train- THEY'RE GROUNDED. Rule 1: YOU CANNOT BE ON THE GROUND WHEN STRUCK, YOU MUST BE IN MID-AIR. OTHERWISE THE ELECTRICITY WILL BE DISSIPATED SAFELY INTO THE GROUND.

It should but there is one big problem with scaling said lightning to those good folk over there.

They're touching a metal train- THEY'RE GROUNDED. Rule 1: YOU CANNOT BE ON THE GROUND WHEN STRUCK, YOU MUST BE IN MID-AIR. OTHERWISE THE ELECTRICITY WILL BE DISSIPATED SAFELY INTO THE GROUND.
I see, would this count?

I'm making a profile for Vuk. Thoughts?
Tier: Unknown | At least 9-A

Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 3), Regeneration (Low-Mid: D'Bari can regenerate from intense gunfire), Social Influencing (Manipulated Jean into turning against her friends and to give the power of the Phoenix Force), Enhanced Senses (Saw Jean through her illusion), Surface Scaling (D'Bari can climb and stay on walls and ceilings), Shapeshifting (Can shapeshift into a human form), Illusion Creation (Showed Jean a vision of the Phoenix Force), Absorption (Absorbed a fragment of the Phoenix Force from Jean), Biological Manipulation and Durability Negation (Can twist bodies), Resistance to Electricity Manipulation (D'Bari are unaffected by stun guns and can resist Storm's lightning), Mind Manipulation and Telepathy (Jean was unable to read or control their mind) | All previous abilities enhanced by the Phoenix Force, Immortality (Type 2: Unfazed by several stab wounds and bullets), Telekinesis (Knocked out Magneto and tore a steel door with telekinesis) and Attack Reflection (Contained and redirected Storm's lightning and Cyclops' Optic Blast), Resistance to Matter Manipulation and Deconstruction (Unaffected by Jean's aura)

Attack Potency: Unknown | At least Small Building level (Empowered by the Phoenix Force, easily knocked down Beast)

Speed: Athletic Human with Hypersonic combat speed (D'Bari can keep up with the X-Men) | Subsonic (Faster than Beast) with at least Massively Hypersonic+ combat speed (Comparable to Jean Grey), Speed of Light with Telekinesis (Stopped and redirected Cyclops' Optic Blast in mid-air)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman (D'Bari can tear steel doors) | At least Class 10 (Easily knocked down Beast)

Striking Strength: Unknown | At least Small Building Class

Durability:
At least Small Building level (D'Bari can withstand attacks from Beast, Cyclops and Storm) | At least Small Building level (Survived being blasted by Cyclops and was unaffected by Storm's lightning)

Stamina: Superhuman (D'Bari can fight and take a large amount of damage without suffering pain or fatigue)

Range: Standard melee range, several meters with Telekinesis

Standard Equipment: None notable

Intelligence: Gifted (Manipulated Jean into turning against her friends and to give the power of the Phoenix Force)

Weaknesses: None notable

Key: Base | Host of the Phoenix Force

Seems like the calc needs to be edited, since the lightning was still moving and Quicksilver's apparent speed needs to be changed to athletic running speed
Eh, not so fast, I already replied why the lightning has not been slowed down to a snail's pace.

I stated to calculate the lightning's apparent speed in dilated timeframe by finding out how many meters per pixel are involved and then finding how many pixels the lightning moved, then to find the difference between lightning's true speed and its dilated speed, then multiplying that difference with Quicksilver's speed, which I'd assume to be at least 15 mph or 6.7056 m/s.

Random time to bring this up (this is the most related discussion thread I can post it in given its another FOX Marvel property), but Aguywhodoesthings was kind enough help calc a feat that applies to Elektra's durability for my FOX Daredevil Revision Thread

The sooner this can get looked at, the sooner I can post my revision thread
You might wanna get that evaluated, though I'm interested to see new novelization scans to put be in effect to the pages

You might wanna get that evaluated
I'm pretty much just waiting to see if it gets approved. I don't wanna post the thread until its usable. Pretty much, Elektra survives getting hit by the guy who performed this feat, which mean there's some 9-A scaling

I've gone through the Elektra novel already. Doesn't really change much regarding ratings, though the novel does give us some cool scans for abilities and skill feats. Definitely helpful

Last edited:
If I knew more about Kratos’ abilities, I could tell you

Oh, I still thought Kratos’ profile had a gap in abilities due to what I heard from other users

Keep in mind, I never bother to check if, say, that was remedied so that’s on me

Yeah from what I remember, Kratos resists a lot and has some really impressive feats just on a general basis

Back