• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE Summerslam 2022 General Discussion Thread

The issue is with Liv she is SUCH an underdog that her winning clean against really any of the woman in the title picture just... isn’t believable. Like at all. She had to win this one in controversy, and she’ll lose the next title match thrown at her, because while WWE likes an underdog, just ask Daniel Bryan, they don’t like someone who has the odds so stacked against them they have to refer to their reigning champ as the underdog in promos every time, she’ll lose the belt at CaTC or maybe even earlier, and maybe turn heel so they can actually make her winning belts believable, because GOD she did not look like the champion in that match

How is Logan Paul doing?
Great. His match with Miz was one of the highlights of the show!

My second favorite match aside from the Last Man Standing Match between Roman and Brock.

Gotta give Miz credit as well. He's partially the reason why people started cheering for Logan Paul of all people. Definitely one of the underrated heels and workers of all time.

You were the last person I was expecting to comment here, Phoenks.

I actually used to be an extremely big fan of WWE when I was younger (Cause I thought it was real). I grew out of it quite a while ago but hearing Logan Paul was in it got me interested again.

So, that's why I'm here.

Gotta give Miz credit as well. He's partially the reason why people started cheering for Logan Paul of all people. Definitely one of the underrated heels and workers of all time.
Yeah Miz could put over a baby if he wanted, he’s so good at making others look good, he was a great pick to be Logan’s first 1v1 opponent

I grew out of it quite a while ago but hearing Logan Paul was in it got me interested again.

So, that's why I'm here.
Trust me, there's so much stuff to get excited for in the WWE.

WWE RAW is now TV-14, and Triple H is now head of creative after the Vince McMahon incident, and I can already see the positive changes Triple H is making to the company.

I actually used to be an extremely big fan of WWE when I was younger (Cause I thought it was real). I grew out of it quite a while ago but hearing Logan Paul was in it got me interested again.

So, that's why I'm here.
I’m actually preparing a CRT to establish a standard on whether to make a profile for Logan or any other similarity introduced characters, his “way in” was a little different to the normal characters, so he isn’t guaranteed the same admittance as them, but I’ll see what staff think

well actually I’m talking to a content mod right now lol, what do you think?

I’m actually preparing a CRT to establish a standard on whether to make a profile for Logan or any other similarity introduced characters, his “way in” was a little different to the normal characters, so he isn’t guaranteed the same admittance as them, but I’ll see what staff think

well actually I’m talking to a content mod right now lol, what do you think?
Phoenks is a content mod for FC/OC Battles wiki iirc.

Trust me, there's so much stuff to get excited for in the WWE.

WWE RAW is now TV-14, and Triple H is now head of creative after the Vince McMahon incident, and I can already see the positive changes Triple H is making to the company.
I don't have television anymore, but that sounds exciting. I also used to be a fan of Triple H back when he still competed in the WWE, and it's pretty cool to hear that one of their players is now in charge of some of the decisions. Seems like something that could only be good for the company.

I don't have television anymore, but that sounds exciting. I also used to be a fan of Triple H back when he still competed in the WWE, and it's pretty cool to hear that one of their players is now in charge of some of the decisions. Seems like something that could only be good for the company.
You can watch clips on YouTube, and you can tell there's massive improvement compared to the last few weeks when Vince was still in charge.

No disrespect to Vince, of course. Despite the shitty things he did, Pro Wrestling would never be the global icon it is today.

What made you grow out of it?
Well, back then I was with a lot of the Jamaican side of my family, and they LOVED WWE. Like, they played clips and videos of it on the TV every single day which is why I got into it. I enjoyed watching it with them.

Though they left after some time, and I just naturally didn't watch it at much, and after finding out it was fake, it kind of just put the nail if the coffin lol. I was pretty young at the time so finding that out took a bit of the enjoyment out of it.

And yeah, the rest is just me finding new interests that put WWE in the very back of my mind since then.

After they left, I just naturally didn't watch it at much, and after finding out it was fake, it kind of just put the nail if the coffin lol. I was pretty young at the time so finding that out took a bit of the enjoyment out of it.
I started wresting sometime in 2011 I believe (I'm way younger than you).

I didn't know it was "fake" until years later when I realized the internet existed lol.

Also, "fake" isn't the right way to describe WWE imo. Scripted is a much better description for Pro Wrestling.

But yeah, I highly recommend you try and get back into WWE, now that all of these changes will be made. There's some new wrestlers with a lot of potential and talent to them.

My friend who introduced me into WWE told me straight up it was “fake” so to speak so I never really had my dreams shattered that much

Yeah scripted is probably better.

Back when I watched it there was a bunch of special effects though. Like whenever The Undertaker came on there was a bunch of smoke and lightning the covered the entire arena.

Lmao it feels dumb to say but I legitimately thought it was real. Also the blood and stuff.

@Phoenks if you're interested in the verse, feel free to follow this thread.
Yeah scripted is probably better.

Back when I watched it there was a bunch of special effects though. Like whenever The Undertaker came on there was a bunch of smoke and lightning the covered the entire arena.

Lmao it feels dumb to say but I legitimately thought it was real. Also the blood and stuff.
Me too lol.

I always thought that the wrestlers always sang their theme songs for some reason. Like, you cannot tell me when you heard Triple H's theme song, you thought Triple H himself sang it.

The blood is technically real, but it's done through blading, which is something I hope WWE strays away from. It can lead to a lot of **** ups if the wrestler cuts too deep.

Plus, Phoenks, do you have any experience and/or memories of playing the WWE video games?

@Phoenks if you're interested in the verse, feel free to follow this thread.

Me too lol.

I always thought that the wrestlers always sang their theme songs for some reason. Like, you cannot tell me when you heard Triple H's theme song, you thought Triple H himself sang it.

The blood is technically real, but it's done through blading, which is something I hope WWE strays away from. It can lead to a lot of **** ups if the wrestler cuts too deep.

Plus, Phoenks, do you have any experience and/or memories of playing the WWE video games?
I have very very faint memories of playing the games, but Yes! I played them with my aunt! I just remember slamming people with chairs lmao.

I have very very faint memories of playing the games, but Yes! I played them with my aunt! I just remember slamming people with chairs lmao.
Chairs are always OP lol, 2K22’s backstage brawl setting is way more fun than what was in the last few games, it’s technically more limited specially but you can Irish Whip someone off the equivalent of a 2 story building into a table soooooooo

@Phoenks sorry to bother you about stuff like this in a casual discussion thread but do you have any thoughts on this?

Either Roman wins or Theory becomes the most hated wrestler in the IWC.
Theory will not cash in at CiaC, he wanted to do it in the historic last title match between Brock and Roman, a PPV in Wales against Drew just don’t have that same Juice, he’ll wait now until either HiAC, Royal Rumble, or Mania

Theory will not cash in at CiaC, he wanted to do it in the historic last title match between Brock and Roman, a PPV in Wales against Drew just don’t have that same Juice, he’ll wait now until either HiAC, Royal Rumble, or Mania
And THAT kids is why you spellcheck something before posting it...

he’ll wait no until either HiAC, Royal Rukble, or Mania
HIAC already happened this year, unless you mean next year's HIAC PPV.

Royal Rumble is a possibility. I can see him holding the World Titles until Elimination Chamber or Fastlane, and possibly even Wrestlemania.

He has to cash it in on Cody at Mania, though. That's the best option here.

Though the way Theory's been booked for the last few weeks makes me think he might be getting a reset, which means he won't be holding the briefcase anymore.

Also coming on a bit strong there, asking me to look at CRTs when I just wanted a casual conversation 😭
Yeah idk if this is the place for that (granted I was a bit guilty myself asking for your initial opinion on my CRT in the making’s proposal)

sorry about that 😅

In all seriousness, I won't rush anyone to join my threads, I more so remind them that I invited them to join the thread.

Back