• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

WWE Summerslam 2022 General Discussion Thread

Pikaman

He/Him
Match Card/Uncompleted Matches

Finished Matches (Winners in Bold)

• Raw Women’s Champion Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch
  • Logan Paul vs. The Miz
  • United States Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Theory
  • The Mysterios vs. Finn Bálor & Damian Priest of The Judgment Day (No Disqualification Match)
  • Pat McAfee vs. Happy Corbin

Last edited:
First up is Bianca Belair and “Big Time Becks” Becky Lynch, I’m only now able to join onto social media to see updates, so the two have been at it some time now, could see a result very soon….

personally I fancy Becky to take the gold home, but Belair has every chance of retaining…

And your winner,
and STILL WWE RAW WOMAN’S CHAMPION, BIANCA BELAIR!

Lynch accepts her defeat graciously, congratulating Belair, do we have a face turn?

And after sending his opponent through the announcer table...

Your winner is Logan Paul!

@RandomGuy2345 will be the one most interested in this next match, it’s Bobby Lashley squaring off against Mr. Money In The Bank Austin Theory!

Depending on how this night goes for Theory, he could show up on Monday Night Raw with 3 of the 4 main roster title belts to his name, the most ever afaik. However, he’ll have to go through The Almighty first if he wants to reclaim the title he himself took from Finn Bálor, who also participates tonight with Damien Priest, the two are representing Judgement Day and fighting The Mysterios

Technically, if Theory loses this match he could get a rematch of his rematch pretty much immediately by cashing in his contract, giving up the chance to claim the Undisputed Universal Championship (Which technically counts as two world titles) in exchange for what is essentially two lives in this match

Theory has attacked Bobby with his briefcase in the middle of the latter’s entrance, which will give A-Town an early advantage...

Well that was quick...

Bobby Lashley retains! Theory tapped out at the hands of the Hurt Lock, seemingly giving up early in the match to preserve himself for the Main Event, where he has made it vocal he intends to cash in his MITB contract...

There’s been talk of a big return on the cards in this match, Bray Wyatt? Edge? Who knows!

well Triple H and all the actors do but-

And surprisingly, it’s The Mysterios who make use of the No DQs fixtures of this match, with Rey taking a steel chair to Damien Priest!

And surprisingly, it’s The Mysterios who make use of the No DQs fixtures of this match, with Rey taking a steel chair to Damien Priest!
Maybe that’s reminded Rhea of the (lack of) rules, because she finally gets involved, but the lights are out...

EDGE IS BACK!

Well that was quick...

Bobby Lashley retains! Theory tapped out at the hands of the Hurt Lock, seemingly giving up early in the match to preserve himself for the Main Event, where he has made it vocal he intends to cash in his MITB contract...
Thoughts @RandomGuy2345? 🎙

I kinda expected Theory to lose the match, but not that quick. Though he was likely preserving his energy.

It's been a good show so far.

I was a bit disappointed in Judgement Day vs. Mysterios though.

Logan vs The Miz has been the match so far.

Edge’s return has decided the fate of the losers...
The Mysterios win it! Bálor tried to attack Edge, but got speared instead, and it was all over from there. Curiously, every single superstar/team that has been named first in the match card has won their match so far, how long will that trend continue and is it deliberate?

Next is

sigh...

Pat McAfee vs Happy Corbin...

I like to call this one the toilet break before 3 (possibly 4) back-to-back TITLE MATCHES!

So uh, that wasn’t actually a crazy bad match lol

Pat takes home the W! He nearly crippled himself with a Swanton/Suicide Dive hybrid, but Corbin was able to keep him from a serious injury, and he’s promptly rewarded with the L. Onto the title matches!

Once again, the winner was the one named first on the match card, if this trend continues, we should see no title changes here subject to Theory’s potential cash-in

Tag Team Title match is up next!

This one is going to be good...

Though I see Jeff Jarrett screwing The Profits over.

Tag Team Title match is up next!

This one is going to be good...

Though I see Jeff Jarrett screwing The Profits over.
Honestly I see him screwing over The Usos far quicker, The Profits were involved in a dodgy referee descision losing them a title match only last PPV, they won’t pull the same trick twice, and let’s be honest, Roman’s reign is nearing the end of it’s legendary lifespan. The Bloodline should fall before he does, and I think this match is the perfect place to start

WWE tweets out that Drew doesn’t care if he faces “either Brock or Roman” at CaTC, which seems to imply Theory will not be champ by September...

Not accounting for MITB holders, because there’s no guarantee they cash in tonight? Possibly, but it could also be that an intern’s about to get fired lol

WWE tweets out that Drew doesn’t care if he faces “either Brock or Roman” at CaTC, which seems to imply Theory will not be champ by September...
I think WWE is doing this just so they can act "shocked" when Theory cashes in and wins.

Btw, Theory's bday is on the 2nd of August, so WWE will probably do that as an early birthday gift for him.

So fat, this event has been good, but underwhelming.

Outside of Theory vs Bobby, every single match has been decent-good. There has not been one standout match so far.

Riddle is now further injured due to Seth...

Time for the Smackdown Womens Championship match!

This match is going to be shit though...

Roman Reigns defeats Brock Lesnar in what was an amazing Last Mab Standing match!

Theory tried to cash in but failed.

At least he keeps his contract.

Overall, I think this was a solid PPV.

The main problem I have is that most of the matches just felt like filler until we got to Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar. All of the other matches felt less special.

Also, there was really only one standout match throughout the whole PPV, and that was Roman vs Brock. Every other match was decent-good (Theory vs Bobby and Liv vs Rousey were the only matches I didn't really like). None of the matches really shifted into next gear. The matches always start off relatively slow, and towards the last few minutes, it starts becoming great. The only match that I'll say came close to becoming great was Logan Paul vs The Miz (which is pretty crazy if you think about it).

Anyways, I'll give Summerslam 2022 a 7/10. Solid show, but most of the matches didn't really standout, and they felt like filler until Roman vs Brock came on.

There are some things I'm interested in.

That faction with Bayley, Io Shirai, and Dakota Kai will be interesting.

I also wonder what WWE will do with Edge, The Mysterios, and The Judgement Day. They're rivalry definitely seems to be continuing.

Ronda finally turned heel. Hopefully they'll do something good with her. Though I really hope the rematch between Liv and Ronda won't be crappy like the one we just saw. Liv still needs a lot of improvement to make.

Well, Roman vs Drew is going to be the next match at Clash at the Castle. I think Roman might win, though I'm not too sure. They might give McIntyre his moment.

Back