• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I forgot to mention, but also having an image of the two of them together, like those twins from Johnny Test. The photo on the back page is fine I think, so it would be "picture of the two together --> the girl ---> the boy" in the profile picture part.

What do you think?
I think its Fine, I will change when I come home

Their profile on the back page is already attached.

I think only that "Unknown" thing needs to be implemented, since they don't have physical feats.

And their LS thing pushing the dog, you decide if you want to do it or not, I think it doesn't matter.

EDIT: After that, I think the profiles of Winnie and the twins can be released.

EDIT 2: If you can, in the profile, put the Splinter first in the images part. Since on the back page, both her and her name come first than her brother, so it would be kind of strange for her brother to appear first.

EDIT 3: Same thing in the summary part of the profile. Her description comes first.
I updated the profile, see how it is now
And their LS thing pushing the dog, you decide if you want to do it or not, I think it doesn't matter.
Probably will be above average human, since is not a giant dog

I updated the profile, see how it is now
Just change the bottom stuff to get name consistency. Since we're putting the girl first

Splinter is Woody's niece. She is intelligent and quick witted, like her brother Knothead.

Knothead is Woody Woodpecker's nephew. He is quick-witted like his sister
-
Name: Splinter and Knothead
-
Normally Knothead would be in front, but we're using an image where Splinter is first in line of sight.

Unless you want to look for another image to put on the verse page.

I found two that the boy is in front of, this one (very ugly) and this one

But I don't know about you, but I prefer the one we're using right now.

Probably will be above average human, since is not a giant dog
You are right.
-
-
-
Otherwise it's good.

I think you can already launch the profiles if you want.

I put the profile on the back page.

One question, why is Konami one of the back page categories?

I put the profile on the back page.
EDIT: verse page

I'm looking at some logos to put on the verse page.

One for the first show.

Then New.

Film.

And from 2018.
-
-
To have multiple logos like on the Dragon Ball and Naruto back page. Of each Work.

For now it has the original one (which will serve as the main logo)

That. Unfortunately, you still have to remove that white background.

And there's also the movie. This one is cool and bottomless.
-
-
So it would only be necessary to remove the background of the first logo. And then find a New and 2018 logo to put on.

There is a nice one of New on dvd, but it is in bad quality.

it would be cool.
"They should contain significant quotes for a specific character, and not related music. Themes can be added as videos in gallery sections."

Damn, looks like a can't put the video in audio format, but I can put i the gallery

"They should contain significant quotes for a specific character, and not related music. Themes can be added as videos in gallery sections."

Damn, looks like a can't put the video in audio format, but I can put i the gallery
You can put both.

I'm sure there are intros where Woody says "Guess Who? *laughs"" and that's it.

And it's significant considering it's the character's signature phrase.

Folks, I'm here to ask for an opinion on something, this thread was recently accepted by me and some colleagues, but now that I stopped to look at a specific ability it's a no-no-no.
There is no resistance to Plot erasure here, the reasons are as follows.
  • Buzz only erased the background specifically, it never erased him, you can argue that it is resistance because he was not erased, that is a no because Buzz did not make any comment nor was he surprised that he was not deleted if his goal was to erase it.
  • At the moment of erasing the background buzz is also drawing a line at the bottom that was directly at Woody's feet to provide him with a support.
  • He then simply proceeds to add changes to his draft to annoy Woody.
So technically this should not be resistance to Plot Erasure at all since there never was Plot Erasure nor it was Buzz intent to erase Woody.

@DarkDragonMedeus @LephyrTheRevanchist You guys participated as well so can you give your opinion on this? That's what happened to me for not watching the whole video.

I still do not understand what is going on tbh.
Kek. We accept a thread but didn't notice that some of what we accept doesn't make sense, which is Plot Erasure since it was never Buzz's intention to erase Woody nor the erasure was aimed to him but to the background, which can be understood only by looking at the full video + the context I provided.

TL; DR Resistance to plot erasure is invalid and should be removed from the profile.

Anyway, i'll procced to make a downgrade.

• Buzz only deleted the background, it never deleted him, you can argue that it is resistance because he was not erased, that is a no because Buzz did not make any comment nor was he surprised that he was not deleted if his goal was to erase it.
No, we saw characters in the background, and they were erased.

And the "bottom" is all there is. They are cartoons, this "white" is a simple "nothing" since the entire drawing has been erased.

If we needed reactions every time to give resistances to a character, many characters would not have resistances.

Woody is part of the drawing, and the drawing was erased, including the background characters. He did not go. Buzz doesn't need to make any reaction to prove this resistance.

In fact, it would just show that he knows that Woody could resist it, and that's why he used things that he designed.

• At the moment of erasing the background buzz is also drawing a line at the bottom that was directly at Woody's feet to provide him with a support.
This line exists because of the train that Buzz made later. Woody doesn't need this line to move, this is clear in the maze scene.

If Buzz hadn't laid that track, he wouldn't have been able to get the train moving.

But of course, since the hax EE plot doesn't work.

Kek. We accept a thread but didn't notice that some of what we accept doesn't make sense, which is Plot Erasure since it was never Buzz's intention to erase Woody nor the erasure was aimed to him but to the background which can be understood only by looking at the full video + the context I provided.

TL; DR Resistance to plot erasure is invalid and should be removed from the profile.
Woody simply erased the entire drawing, and characters that were there were deleted, except Woody.

This line exists because of the train that Buzz made later. Woody doesn't need this line to move, this is clear in the maze scene.

If Buzz hadn't laid that track, he wouldn't have been able to get the train moving.
If Buzz had been sure he wanted to erase Woody he wouldn't have drawn the train line right away, if he did it was because he clearly just erased the background and left Woody.

If Buzz had been sure he wanted to erase Woody he wouldn't have drawn the train line right away, if he did it was because he clearly just erased the background and left Woody.
That's the thing, Buzz has the power to erase Woody, he erased everything and nothing happened to Woody.

Also, Buzz wanted to kill Woody, why would he bother drawing things when he could just erase Woody? Because it does not work.

We don't need his reaction, because 1 - he tried at the beginning and it didn't work or 2 - he has that power but didn't do it because he knows it wouldn't work.

And we've already seen that Woody doesn't mind altering his cartoon in other ways.

Like the cartoon ending.

Or Buzz running fast enough to tear up his own drawing.

These things just don't work.

If he didn't try to kill Woody for literally the entire episode, you'd have an argument. But he wanted to kill Woody anyway.

Folks, I'm here to ask for an opinion on something, this thread was recently accepted by me and some colleagues, but now that I stopped to look at a specific ability it's a no-no-no.

There is no resistance to Plot erasure here, the reasons are as follows.
  • Buzz only erased the background specifically, it never erased him, you can argue that it is resistance because he was not erased, that is a no because Buzz did not make any comment nor was he surprised that he was not deleted if his goal was to erase it.
So technically this should not be resistance to Plot Erasure at all since there never was Plot Erasure nor it was Buzz intent to erase Woody.
I've been asked to comment on this matter.

Even if this feat is valid, I don't see how it's resistance to Plot Manipulation. If the feat is valid, then resistance to existence erasure could work.

Regarding whether the feat is valid or not - it's ambiguous whether Buzz tried to erase Woody there and failed, or if Buzz didn't even try to erase Woody in the first place. That ambiguity leads me to lean on saying it shouldn't be listed as a feat. The onus is on the writer of the profile justifications to prove that a feat happened the way they claim it happened, not on the people discussing it to prove it did not happen the way they claim. In cases like these, where there are multiple interpretations of the same scene and we are trying to draw inferences, I'd only opt to pass this if there was very clear reason to believe that's how you were supposed to interpret it. When dealing with children's show logic, I don't consider "Buzz wanted to kill Woody" to be compelling enough to warrant that inference.

Regarding whether the feat is valid or not - it's ambiguous whether Buzz tried to erase Woody there and failed, or if Buzz didn't even try to erase Woody in the first place. That ambiguity leads me to lean on saying it shouldn't be listed as a feat. The onus is on the writer of the profile justifications to prove that a feat happened the way they claim it happened, not on the people discussing it to prove it did not happen the way they claim. In cases like these, where there are multiple interpretations of the same scene and we are trying to draw inferences, I'd only opt to pass this if there was very clear reason to believe that's how you were supposed to interpret it. When dealing with children's show logic, I don't consider "Buzz wanted to kill Woody" to be compelling enough to warrant that inference.
Children's program?

It is common in Woody Woodpecker to use weapons, alcoholic drinks and constant deaths. Seriously, there's even a joke about shooting yourself in the head in this series.

Woody himself is known for making his antagonists hell on earth simply for fun, as in the case of the police officer who was just doing his job and Woody drove him crazy to the point where he was hospitalized just because he was fun.

Buzz himself tries to kill Woody throughout the series, and he has also been killed a few times by Woody.

Literally in this episode of the plot hax, Buzz at the beginning was blown up by a cannon to the point of turning to ashes (and then regenerating)

And throughout the episode he used the pen to stop Woody whether with sharks, bombs or explosions.

So yes, I think this scene should be interpreted like this.

Buzz tried to kill Woody explicitly on screen throughout the episode. He had the power to erase things and he could have done that. In this case, he did, literally the first thing he did was delete everything, which included characters that were deeper in the background.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to think that Buzz in character, a guy who has already tried to kill Woody countless times, wasn't aiming for him when he erased things or that he didn't even consider using this ability on Woody in the episode where Buzz was trying to kill him for the fiftieth time.

I think it's kind of ridiculous to think that Buzz in character, a guy who has already tried to kill Woody countless times, wasn't aiming for him when he erased things or that he didn't even consider using this ability on Woody in the episode where Buzz was trying to kill him for the fiftieth time.
Can you elaborate on this? More specific examples could support your case.

it's ambiguous whether Buzz tried to erase Woody there and failed, or if Buzz didn't even try to erase Woody in the first place.
Furthermore, for ambiguous things there is "Probable".

Buzz, a character who always tried to kill Woody, even in this episode, would not have thought of erasing Woody even though he had erased the rest of the world in the first second of using the power?

Seriously, the only argument is that "how did Buzz not react with something like: Wow, how did he resist my erasing power?" something that is very fragile. We don't need that to put up resistance when we have the context.

Buzz is a guy with a history of trying to kill Woody, trying to kill him again in any way possible, even failing to try the animator's pen and with the power to erase the world of the episodes itself.

Seriously, the only argument is that "how did Buzz not react with something like: Wow, how did he resist my erasing power?" something that is very fragile. We don't need that to put up resistance when we have the context.
The context of this chapter is against any sign of resistance to plot erasure. He didn't directly erase Woody but the background, there was no need to leave a line in which Buzz could continue to draw the rest of the things that happen in the chapter nor his constant attempts to directly toy with Woody. He simply kept toying with him.

What examples? The times Buzz tried to kill Woody?
Yes. That, and generally anything that elaborates on Buzz's conduct towards Woody could also help.

A CRT was started regarding this topic, so if you'd like, you can form a case here:

Shouldn't this be not-combat applicable in match ups? Literally the ability only work through external participation/external influence. In a battle here in the forum there is only Woody + his opponent, there is no participation neither of "fans" nor participation of the "animator" who are the ones who represent the feat.

Shouldn't this be not-combat applicable in match ups? Literally the ability only work through external participation/external influence. In a battle here in the forum there is only Woody + his opponent, there is no participation neither of "fans" nor participation of the "animator" who are the ones who represent the feat.
Verse equalization. It is assumed that the characters can use their powers. Glass talked about this in a Woody vs Zeref battle that even has to be closed.

The thing about fans is not to influence others.

This is something that will happen as long as the fans demand it.

It goes in the same coin as immortalities like, x guy can live as long as humans exist or some being exists. This is not considered external influence.

We have the example of Reinhard from Rezero himself, who in you has help from Od Laguna that can revive him or give him powers. An external being.

But why does this happen?

Because there are exceptions.

Exceptions are things like blessings, calling upon some higher entities power for a spell, summoning familiars to battle for them, having another character as equipment or more generally spoken the things which are listed on the profile as part of a characters own powers and abilities.

Woody's case is a bit like Reinhard and this immortality thing.

Just like Reinhard, he has a higher being who helps him by default.

And in terms of fans, it's like guys who have immortality based on other beings, but here's where x ability works as long as these beings exist.

Last edited:
Back