• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Woody Woodpecker: Low 2-C, more Plot Manipulation and more Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Introduction

This is a P&A update, stats and some changes as well.

Some things will involve Low 2-C and Plot Manipulation. So after the additions to the P&A I'll add an additional explanation for these justifications.

P&A
Abilities

Resistances
Statistics
Explanation: Low 2-C, Plot Manipulation and Reality Warping
First, I have to show why the "World of Episodes" is a Low 2-C structure

"World of Episodes" is the term I'm going to use for the world in which the Woody Woodpecker show takes place.
"World of Episodes"
Space Size

Time (To be a space-time continuum)
Conclusion:
  • "World of Episodes" is a Low 2-C structure.
When Buzz uses the pen, he affects/erases the entire World of Episodes.

And also when the pen breaks, Woody says: "How are they going to animate the next episode?". Indicating that they animate the episodes of the cartoon like this.

And an animator has already appeared redrawing a scene from the cartoon.

And like Bonus, in a Time Travel episode, Woody is told that it wasn't his favorite "episode".

So I think it's made pretty clear that the pen's powers are Low 2-C/4D in that it can affect this entire Episode World.

Let's start.

Many may think "Why does it have to be Plot Manipulation and not Reality Warping?"

The main difference between these two powers is their context. If metafictional context is present, the skill is Plot Manipulation, and if metafictional context is not present, the skill is Reality Warping.

Then I will present the metafictional context.
As you can see, a lot of metafictional context, since not only are they "distorting reality", they are manipulating the "World of Episodes" that is in an animation tool and that is where the episodes of the cartoon take place.
-
-
-
But the question is, why did I also put Reality Warping?

Well, Woody also uses the pen in "Animator's World", and there's no metafictional context here, so I put both. If someone says they don't always need to show the metafictional context if they've already shown it before, I can remove the Reality Warping I put.
Like the animator's pen, it's a level thing.

I will do it the same way as in the Anos Profile

In the P&A section of Anos there is a tabber written "with Venuzdonoa", it lists the powers of the weapon.

I'll do the same with the animator pen.

Changes
Alright, here I'm going to swap out some skills accepted in the profile for others and change a few things about the default gear.

Let's start.
-
-
-
In all these scenes, Woody doesn't "create" anything, he pulls it from somewhere.

That would be Dimensional Storage.

So Creation will be replaced by Dimensional Storage.

Standard Equipment.
Woody has these things as Optional Equipment:

And here I'm going to make these below become his Standard Equipment:
But why? Because those two pieces of equipment he used were taken by his Dimensional Storage. So he can always bring those two equipments from that skill.

EDIT: In the P&A section it will look like this:
In the P&A section the name Optional Equipment will be changed to Equipment.

And it will stay like this on the list

Votes
Agree:
(3;0) @Lonkitt (NOTE: Limited Power Nullification for Technology Manipulation), @LordGriffin1000 (Neutral in Abilities), @Dereck03 (Agree with everything except Causuality manipulation)

Neutral:

Disagree

Last edited:
Causality Manipulation seems more like some form of Attack Reflection or Damage Transferal to me.

Since cartoons refer to this term as Hammerspace, it would be good to label it as that instead of Dimensional Storage.

Other than that, this looks ok.

Causality Manipulation seems more like some form of Attack Reflection or Damage Transferal to me.

Since cartoons refer to this term as Hammerspace, it would be good to label it as that instead of Dimensional Storage.

Other than that, this looks ok.
First.

How did you read all that so fast?

That is the question.

The slashing effect of the guillotine took its toll on the bear before hitting Woody.

As the guillotine was descending, it was slashing at the bear, though he was far away.

It cannot be Damage Transferal because no damage was reflected. Before Woody was slashed, the guillotine was already slicing Bear on its way down. No damage was transferred.
Damage Transferal is the ability to duplicate the wounds an individual has suffered from on to their opponent or other individuals or objects.

And Attack Reflection fully reflects the attack, causing no damage to the user. The guillotine didn't even reach Woody and was slicing the bear.

Imagine that instead of Woody being on the guillotine, he was far from the bear. And then the Bear activates the guillotine and cuts him, even though he is far away.

Would you say it would be Attack Reflection?

Also, the guillotine was not reflected back to the Bear, it went down normally and only its "slashing" effect hit the Bear.

First.

How did you read all that so fast?
P&A are my specialty.
That is the question.

The slashing effect of the guillotine took its toll on the bear before hitting Woody.

As the guillotine was descending, it was slashing at the bear, though he was far away.

It cannot be Damage Transferal because no damage was reflected. Before Woody was slashed, the guillotine was already slicing Bear on its way down. No damage was transferred.
Yes, it can. Woody was transferring the damage that would have hit him onto his attacker. We don't see for sure that the guillotine was slicing Bear on the way down because we don't see the full perspective on where it was. We can only assume it was going to hit Woody, and then last second, the effects of what happened to Woody were transferred to the bear instead. Woody isn't doing anything here to control a causality-based system here.
And Attack Reflection fully reflects the attack, causing no damage to the user. The guillotine didn't even reach Woody and was slicing the bear.
Which is why I propose Damage Transferal instead.

P&A are my specialty.

Yes, it can. Woody was transferring the damage that would have hit him onto his attacker. We don't see for sure that the guillotine was slicing Bear on the way down because we don't see the full perspective on where it was. We can only assume it was going to hit Woody, and then last second, the effects of what happened to Woody were transferred to the bear instead. Woody isn't doing anything here to control a causality-based system here.

Which is why I propose Damage Transferal instead.
We literally hear the sound of the guillotine coming down and then a "boom" that is her banging completely at the end.

0:05 - Guillotine coming down and slicing the Bear. The cutting noise starts.

0:04: Guillotine slamming fully at the end and the "boom" noise comes and the Bear is finished being cut.

And in addition, we see the entire descent of the cut on the Bear's back.

Before probably hitting Woody the guillotine was already slicing the Bear on its way down.

We literally hear the sound of the guillotine coming down and then a "boom" that is her banging completely at the end.

0:05 - Guillotine coming down and slicing the Bear.

0:04: Guillotine slamming fully at the end and the "good" noise comes and the Bear is finished being cut.

And in addition, we see the entire descent of the cut on the Bear's back.

Before probably hitting Woody the guillotine was already slicing the Bear on its way down.
I see. I'm not able to listen to audio right now, so I'll take your word for it.

I see. I'm not able to listen to audio right now, so I'll take your word for it.
Well then, when you can see the audio, watch it.

You will see that the slicing noise on the Bear starts before the guillotine hits the end and makes a "Boom"

Like the animator's pen, it's a level thing.

I will do it the same way as in the Anos Profile

In the P&A section of Anos there is a tabber written "with Venuzdonoa", it lists the powers of the weapon.

I'll do the same with the animator pen.
EDIT: In the P&A section it will look like this:
In the P&A section the name Optional Equipment will be changed to Equipment.

And it will stay like this on the list

Standard:

Optional:
New stuff put in the OP.

I gave my reasons why I think it is manipulation of causality.

Since attack reflection is to reflect the attack and not its effect.

For example. If character x shoots character y, character y will use his reflection attack and the bullet will bounce back to character x.

What happens in the scene that is in the OP, it would be like if character x shot y, and while the bullet is moving in the air towards character y, it would be causing damage to character x, despite being far from the bullet.

However, I know it's harder to accept a complex(?) ability like this with just one scene without more context, so I'll understand if staff members prefer to play it "safe" with attack reflection.

Last edited:
Limited Power Nullification is Technology Manipulation if anything, given he's causing these failures in equipment rather than nullifying anything

The rest seems fine

The tiers specifically; the ability additions look good for the most part.

The tiers specifically; the ability additions look good for the most part.
So everything else is fine? Other than Tier.

What about Lonkitt's take on the nullification of limited power? Do you agree with his point of view or what is in the OP?

The tier I don't know how I could convince you more. Through the pen Buzz was able to erase and affect the entire world of episodes, a Low 2-C structure. And if you doubt that it affected on a 4D level, it is made explicit by Woody that with the pen the animators animate the episodes, which show the universe and time travel, so consequently it affects the entire world of the episodes as well.

I mean, one could argue that it's hax and therefore "untiered", it would just be 4D range and power.

But as I recall we give Tier and AP to hax when it's 4D.

I don't know if the ghost thing is extrasensensory perception or ghosts just not being invisible here

Causality manipulation should be damage transferral

Magnetism manipulation is through an object that isn't standard equipment, it shouldn't be part of his P&A

I don't see any case where the entirety of the universe was affected, just specific areas

I don't know if the ghost thing is extrasensensory perception or ghosts just not being invisible here
Edit: Extrasensory perception? Where did you see this in the OP? I put enhanced senses.

It literally is written on the page of enhanced senses.
Soul Vision: Ability to see souls, spirits, and ghosts

Causality manipulation should be damage transferral
It has already been said, to transfer damage, Woody had to take damage and transfer it to the bear.

And it didn't, we literally heard the slashing sound on the bear as the guillotine was falling, before it probably hit woody.

Magnetism manipulation is through an object that isn't standard equipment, it shouldn't be part of his P&A
It is standard equipment as it is made via dimensional storage. So Woody can take it whenever he wants.

And we have other profiles with the same thing like for example Bugs Bunny.

And even if it was Optional, we literally list Optional Equipment in P&A, there are dozens of pages like that, like Mario and Sonic for example.

I don't see any case where the entirety of the universe was affected, just specific areas
No, literally everything was erased. We literally see Woody's point of view and him moving around the place.

Everything was white and unlit.

There is no such thing as "only certain places"

In addition to literally Woody's speech, which says that it is the pen that animates the episodes, which shows the Universe and time travel.

Last edited:
My mistake, enhanced sense. Point still applies

Neutral on causality manipulation

I don't think a random instance of using a magnet is notable enough for optional equipment

If you can show where it's said the pen animates the episodes that would be better evidence

I don't think a random instance of using a magnet is notable enough for optional equipment
It's notable when this is done via dimensional storage, which I'm also putting in the OP. The magnets would just be one more thing he can get from the dimensional storage

Like the other equipment, I'll put it in Standard Equipment as "x, y and z with dimensional storage", because with this skill, these equipment are "standard"

If you can show where it's said the pen animates the episodes that would be better evidence
Besides the thing that you still haven't shown me what basis you used for the argument "he didn't erase everything", since it's literally shown all white and nothing shows the contrary.

There's still the whole issue of that pen being used by the animator(s) to animate the episodes.

That was a small scene, not the whole universe
Small scene? Did you see the video?

It didn't matter where Woody went, everything was white, absolutely everything. It wasn't just a square or anything like that.

Absolutely everything.

Seriously, throughout the entire episode, show me one lousy scene where something from the episode world hadn't been erased? Because there was only white left and then Buzz started drawing.

And that "white" is because it literally has nothing. They live in a world of drawing in an animation tool, white is when nothing is drawn. And all over the place, there was nothing else.

I agree with Andy
Again.
Small scene? Did you see the video?

It didn't matter where Woody went, everything was white, absolutely everything. It wasn't just a square or anything like that.

Absolutely everything.

Seriously, throughout the entire episode, show me one lousy scene where something from the episode world hadn't been erased? Because there was only white left and then Buzz started drawing.

And that "white" is because it literally has nothing. They live in a world of drawing in an animation tool, white is when nothing is drawn. And all over the place, there was nothing else.
Literally Andy didn't even provide a basis for his argument.

I admit I may be wrong about it being a small scene

If he's animating the episodes I can agree to a low 2-C

Point still applies
Does not apply.

Literally Woody sees ghosts.

What is literally written on the enhanced senses page?

I admit I may be wrong about it being a small scene
If there were any parts shown that had something, I might agree with you.

For example, this scene.

I couldn't say that the animator erased the entire universe, because we only see a static frame.

But in the episode that Buzz erases the world of episodes, we see Woody moving around a lot and we see his perspective, and everything is white, not even the sky exists anymore.

If he's animating the episodes I can agree to a low 2-C
It's low 2-C with just the stylus.

Since Buzz erased everything + it's super implied that the animators use her to animate the episodes, with some showing the universe and time travel.
-
-
-
I can put you as "Agree (Neutral on causality manipulation)"?

I more so I meant these parts I agree with. Kinda neutral ish on the rest though.
I understood.

Does not apply.

Literally Woody sees ghosts.

What is literally written on the enhanced senses page?
In order for him to qualify, I think, it needs to be able to be treated in-verse as invisible.

For example, Scratch from The Ghost and Molly McGee selectively gets to choose who sees him and who can't.

So people who can see him without him becoming visible to them would qualify.

Someone like Phantasma from Scooby-Doo wouldn't qualify because everyone can just see her and it's not treated as anything out of the ordinary.

In order for him to qualify, I think, it needs to be able to be treated in-verse as invisible.

For example, Scratch from The Ghost and Molly McGee selectively gets to choose who sees him and who can't.

So people who can see him without him becoming visible to them would qualify.

Someone like Phantasma from Scooby-Doo wouldn't qualify because everyone can just see her and it's not treated as anything out of the ordinary.
I don't know, considering the page itself separates seeing ghosts from seeing invisible things.
Neutral Vision: The ability to see something invisible
Also, I didn't find it on the page or in any thread talking about the exact qualifications.

I have to stop trying to make a crt with too many things, it's a pain to keep counting every vote for every power, I should have just done Low 2-C.

Resistances look ok and so does Low 2-C but my Wi-Fi is acting screwy and the other stuff is loading poorly. Since I'm taking it easy, I'll let the other staff handle the other additions. Right now I'm not up for most things at the moment.

Resistances look ok and so does Low 2-C but my Wi-Fi is acting screwy and the other stuff is loading poorly. Since I'm taking it easy, I'll let the other staff handle the other additions. Right now I'm not up for most things at the moment.
So I put.

Agree (resistance and Low 2-C/no opinion on the rest) ?

And the statistics part?
Statistics

I forgot to ask, but what about the Changes part?

I want to make sure I know what you're voting for.

Are you just neutral/no opinion on the top additions? From P&A.
Sorry, I only just got out the the emergency department in the hospital yesterday so I wasn't up for doing much.

I'm fine with the "Changes" part, neutral on the top additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back