• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wood Based Upgrades

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So now since this calc has been greenlighted for use we should discuss what upgrades it brings forth

Zora should likely get an upgrade to her first Key since she should be able to hurt Ramesy, also for future refrence any charcter with notable physical capbilities should likely scale to this calc since Ramesy isn't portrayed as physically impressive

Also this calc might help with this thread , since now we have Ramesy's durability we could try scaling the bullets off him since well he right now probably tanked the most bullets in the show And while I got no clue what model Zora's revolver is, it seems most are in the street AP area (a few examples of revolvers) so it line ups nicely

----------------------------

Bottom Line

Zora's first Key gets an upgrade to 9-C and bullets likely do cause minor damge to EE charcters compared to RL humans, do keep in mind that Ramesy wasn't hurt noticebly by the log

Yeah this should upgrade everyone that scales to 9-C, but I'm not exactly sure who that would be.

Well as I said Zora should scale, Percy too when we make her profile

Indus def scales to this

Indus would already be 9-A but I guess it's a supporting feat.

I see, well would you say it'd be dumb to just scale everyone off this feat besides charcters who are notablly weaker physically since Ramesy himself is portrayed at best avarge physically?

I'm not sure, honestly. It seems weird to scale it to featless children like Molly/Sylvester who have no scaling chain, but a lot of other characters it should be fine to scale to.

People like Molly and Sylvester would probably not scale, was more talking about people like Giovanna, also you think now we have Ramesy durability you think we could finally figure out bullets AP in verse?

Oh yeah, Giovanni should be fine I think? I really prefer using feats for scaling though. And yeah, bullets should be 9-C, that was what I meant by it upgrading everyone that scales. If Giovanni tanked an attack from a bullet, or tanked an attack that damaged anyone who tanked an attack from a bullet, he should scale.

Well yah if he has feats it'd be better but like Ramesy's portrayal should make scaling to him fine, tho with Giovanni I guess we could wait till upgrading him

@Tllmbrg I just really really don't like scaling people unless they have a good reason to scale. Especially in verses like this where not every character is comparable. I want to use actual feats to scale rather than our own intuition over who's strong and weak.

@Cal I'm not sure, it's probably worth looking into tho.

Yeah, I'd expect her physical stats to be much higher, but I guess 10-A is a start.

Agnaa said:
@Tllmbrg I just really really don't like scaling people unless they have a good reason to scale. Especially in verses like this where not every character is comparable. I want to use actual feats to scale rather than our own intuition over who's strong and weak.
I guess, at the very least anyone with notable physical abilities should probably scale tho like Howie

ðíð¢ð©ð╝ð¥ð║ Ðìð║ÐÇð░ð¢ð░ 2020-03-21 ð▓ 11.46.01
Also I've been meaning to ask but like how'll we treat this charcter sheets?
Like Is any way to scale charcters in terms of stats or nah?

I'm not very sure, I haven't dealt with verses that have had these sorts of situations before.

I'd think that very obvious things like Howie, being a physicals-based character with really high stats, should scale to the on-physical-based Ramsey, but I'm not sure about more nuanced cases like Zora, who hasn't shown feats of physical strength, or scaling Indus to characters in higher star tiers.

Normal humans are 9-C with swords anyway.

I'm aware that Ramsey's only two stars, and I'm aware that Indus is above him. Like I said, Indus already has an accepted 9-A calc, and would be 9-A if a profile was made.

I'm really not sure if Howie should scale to Indus. I don't think we're given an explanation on what all of the stats themselves mean, and I'm not sure if stamina means "physical AP" or even "physical durability".

He did say that running out of stamina is like running out of HP in Pokemon, and that Giovanni's "healing from broken bones after winning" thing is him having his stamina restored, so it might just be a HP/mana hybrid thing, kinda like stamina in the wiki itself.

Kinda supporting this interpretation is how Percy has one star in stamina, but she doesn't seem all that weak physically (but maybe you could just use this as evidence that everyone with more stamina than her is strong physically, but ehhh).

I'm pretty sure Howie, regardless of all this other stuff, would be 9-C anyway for easily bending that huge wrench with his hands.

But Mera has a 1 star rating as well, and she's way below Percy durability wise so the power system is very incosisnet if we say it's a HP/mana thing

Also I wonder if a calc for Howie bending that wrech is possible, or would get good results

But Mera has a 1 star rating as well, and she's way below Percy durability wise so the power system is very incosisnet if we say it's a HP/mana thing

I don't get your logic here.

• Let's say that stamina means HP/mana
  • Percy and Mera have the same stamina, but Mera has lower durability
  • Therefore stamina cannot mean HP/mana
I don't see how that follows. Isn't your example just evidence that stamina is not durability?

Also I wonder if a calc for Howie bending that wrech is possible, or would get good results

I remember looking into this thing a few years back with a calc group member. It might be possible, but we didn't find an easy & general answer back then. But maybe just bending a wrench is so simple that it does have an easy answer.

Doesn't calling it HP implies durability? Sorry if I misunderstood you, but the more I think about it the less sense it makes that stamina stat is durability

Yeah sorry I didn't mean it in terms of durability. I'm thinking kinda like RPG stats, def is durability, attack is AP, speed is speed, magic is spell-AP, and health is just how much damage you can sustain, after it passes your durability, before you'd die from it.

I'd be much more inclined to scale other characters' feats of stamina (fighting/working/traveling for long periods of time) to Howie.

I see, thanks for clarfication

Would Indus's bench pressing a truck count as a stamina feat then?

Or you mean work as in like regular work?

Also about the wrench wouldn't you just need to check how much enrgy it'd take to bend metal RL and just apply it to his feat?

Yeah I mean like doing exhausting tasks for a long period of time. I probably shouldn't have included "working" there, I think I only did because Howie builds houses, but most stamina feats would come in the form of fighting/traveling.

Yeah I think so, it was hard to find a super easy way to keep track of all the variables at play for something like that. Since we need type of metal, amount bent, the way it was bent, how far it was bent, time it took, etc.

Should be possible, might not be easy to account for all types of metal-bending feats, but if this one's simple enough it might still be easy.

So basically any feat done during a prolonged fight or any feats regarding long travel Howie scales to and will likely be superior

Well most of this varibles seem easy to get, just pixel scale the feat use a timer and run the range of metals We just need to get a calcer to do it, I might get the same dude who did the log one to do it but no promises

Yeah.

Yeah, the variables will be easy to get, finding a formula which takes all of them into account is the hard part. If that calcer doesn't work out let me know and I'll ask around as well.

Okay, btw he also did a calc for the stone cutting feat Zora did but he said it wasn't worth bringing up since it was like 700 joules

So like as far as I understand the dude who did the log calc doen't want to do the wrench one due to requiring too much work

Also besides that is there anything else in this thread we should discuss or should we close it?

Also this calc

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Erased:_Cop_Lady_plays_dodgeball_with_bullets

Might need a little tweeking since according to the Epithet Erased Wiki her gun is based on the Schofield revolver/Smith & Wesson Model 3 which has bullet speed of 800 meter second as opposed to the 462 meter per second value the calc used which is a 1.7316017316 times difference

Edit: I pluged in the value for both calcs, first one still in subsonic+ at 0.86891899615 Mach while the second one goes to supersonic in 1.8140589569 Mach

Well, best to inform the creator of the calc, and inform a calc group member of the update, but that should be good to apply.

Also, this blog has some examples of how to do bending feats, if you wanna pursue that for a giant wrench.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Oh hell yeah, awesome.

So Class 50 lifting strength Epithet Erased gonna be a thing, tho rn everyone would downscale from this a lot, Epithets that increase raw strength gonna be real fun tho with this

Surpised how consistent it's with the other notable calc for a charcter's AP on the verse, that being Indus's since Howie at worst is nearly 2 times stronger while at best like 4 times

wdym? Indus is already Class 50 and 9-A, Howie would be Class 50 and 9-B.

Back