• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Audit Group: Explanation and Recruitment

I hope we don't rely on singular translators for this task, I've personally had to correct translations from users in our Japanese list like ShiroyashaGin and have had to double check my own translations.

It's better if we have at least 2 to double check each other on translations.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I hope we don't rely on singular translators for this task, I've personally had to correct translations from users in our Japanese list like ShiroyashaGin and have had to double check my own translations.
It's better if we have at least 2 to double check each other on translations.
Hmmmmmm, that is indeed true. I believe we had another Japanese expert other than you, Sera and Shiroyasha. No idea where that expert is now, sadly.

Oh and I love Heroic Age... so I can audit that with someone if I get enlisted.

Heil! Komondat (Is that how it's writen lol?)

Lord Supreme Comander - NostalgiaTrip, The Third

I can help. Especially in verses like D.Grayman which I'm knowledgeable on and Black clover which are lacking new information which has been releasing each chapter.

I can help with a lot of verses that are well known but don't have any active supporters. Planning on making crts for some of them anyway.

I've been known to look to outside sources for base lines for comparison. Such as Age's hull tearing feat in episode 2.

I don't just look at the feat. I compare the actual pressure that can be found in space to that of Earth's and the type of material that is used to make rockets so as to have a solid, reasonable basis before making adjustments.

Darkseid level stuff though, well he just breaks the rules of reality lol, so it becomes far harder for me to judge things like that.

I'd prefer to judge things that still follow the rules, such as Narnia, Heroic Age and such. I'm open to autiding anything, as long as I have something to work with.

The only thing I can translate is Italian texts, which may be helpful for Italian Verses like Antik and Winx Club, and verses with Italian Scans like Zelda.

I would be willing to help also good with French and Spanish could help with Zelda or even LOTR since I am more familiar with those and have a good understanding of skyrim and the fate series.

Y'all I hope you realize this isn't a massive translation project.

Most of our work of fiction here are either originally English or possesses english translations, whether they be fanmade or official. Untranslated works are rare. This is mostly about recruiting reliable people to review tons of verse, regardless of their language.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Y'all I hope you realize this isn't a massive translation project.

Most of our work of fiction here are either originally English or possesses english translations, whether they be fanmade or official. Untranslated works are rare. This is mostly about recruiting reliable people to review tons of verse, regardless of their language.
^^

As Saikou says this isn't a translation project. As I said long, long ago, translators are useful for verifying information if translations during an audit aren't readily available. What we need are people who know how a CRT works, what a page should optimally look like, and who can discuss things with a level-head and fair judgement.

Well Pritti is the definitive Japanese expert here now that Tsubaki is gone, but she doesn't accept translation requests (neither do I), it caused a lot of hassle in the past.

That's why we aren't on the Multilingual list anymore.

NostalgiaTrip said:
I'm good for analyzing feats and checking to make sure that they check out with the Calc and aren't just high-low balled because of bias.
Same and I am an easily accessible person thanks to my life outside of the wiki it grants a lot of free time despite being in university so yeah.

AshenCrow777 said:
NostalgiaTrip said:
I'm good for analyzing feats and checking to make sure that they check out with the Calc and aren't just high-low balled because of bias.
Same and I am an easily accessible person thanks to my life outside of the wiki it grants a lot of free time despite being in university so yeah.
I got no life either so I'm on here at least 4 hours a day

Anyway is there a deadline for this? Ofvwhen it's going to start or will it be a general notification and a list will be shown who will do what?

So, are verseless characters still an issue? Cause if so I have an idea. We could create a separate thread, highlight it and then just encourage wiki members to comment with any profiles that they know don't have a verse page currently. Hopefully it will just kinda passively grow a list of verseless profiles and it can be left for after this is finished. This way it'll give us a starting point for when/if anybody gets around to it.

That could work as a report system, yeah.

Yobo Blue said:
I do wonder, if anyone is chosen from here will they be sent a message or what?
Ant and I have largely discussed selections, certain users need to be asked further questions (yet to be done). One last thing to note is that this project will be largely performed over Discord. I'm saying this because if you become a member of the Audit group this will be essential for discussion. No, you're not expected to join in discussion of anything else- a separate discussion channel has been created solely for the audit group's official business.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So, are verseless characters still an issue? Cause if so I have an idea. We could create a separate thread, highlight it and then just encourage wiki members to comment with any profiles that they know don't have a verse page currently. Hopefully it will just kinda passively grow a list of verseless profiles and it can be left for after this is finished. This way it'll give us a starting point for when/if anybody gets around to it.
This seems like a good idea.

Back