• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wiki Audit Group: Explanation and Recruitment

I understand if I'm not considered qualified, but I'd appreciate the chance to help out the wiki with this.

You should talk with me in private about all the candidates via fanfiction.net. I am probably the wiki member with the most experience keeping track of who have been productive and rational during discussions and competent during page editing.

Antvasima said:
You should talk with me in private about all the candidates via fanfiction.net. I am probably the wiki member with the most experience keeping track of who have been productive and rational during discussions and competent during page editing.
It's been sent.

I suppose there will be some rigorous 'peer review' of every verse to be as certain as possible there are no wanks/bs/lies on this site? This may be one of the most ambitious thing ever.

So when we look at a verse, how would we know which classification it falls under (category list, watermarks, templates) and what if they don't have a verse page, or are you going to now begin categorizing everything into white

I don't know many verses, but i think i can help with big major verses with the exception of DC and Marvel because lack of access in where i am from.

@N Kardashev General analysis should give an idea on the legitimacy of the ratings. Keep in mind that the goal isn't to actively take part in a CRT or maintain perfect knowledge on the verse. The goal is to see that the verse's ratings do have some legitimacy- after that the verse's knowledgeable members are expected to handle it. It's unreasonable to try to make a group of people have knowledge on every single verse.

First all verses will be in white and slowly sorted out to other categories as inquiries continue. We don't really have a solution yet for the scrap pages without a verse page so if anyone has a suggestion I'm open to hear it.

I can only safeguard untranslated verses, but not much else. My time here is only going to be decreasing.

InfiniteSped said:
What about profiles without a verse?
It would be rather easy to make one if needed. Example, as a knowledgeable person on Rokka No Yuusha, i can help making a verse page for it given that Adlet Mayer has a profile but the verse doesn't.

That would be the solution.

InfiniteSped said:
What about profiles without a verse?
As said above, they get the same treatment but we don't know how to track them down, basically. This would just have to be found via people pointing them out to us.

I could suggest more criteria that all information must come with scans/videos, calcs, expanded feats corresponding to the abilities and explanations that go into detail the nature of the character in relation to its powers, all with proper citations in the references and everything from the standard character page format. Though I do believe at least green should be a pass.

What you just described would be like

super-green

I can help on this as well. I am a Japanese so I can check the information in the original Japanese translation if it's iffy or unreliable to an extent, and we have a lot of verse from the Japanese media.

I am also good at checking on Fighting Game Genre and open on checking on the info coming from the verse I do not very well.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
I can help on this as well. I am a Japanese so I can check the information in the original Japanese translation if it's iffy or unreliable to an extent, and we have a lot of verse from the Japanese media.
I am also good at checking on Fighting Game Genre and open on checking on the info coming from the verse I do not very well.
I was sorta hoping you would offer to help for the Japanese translations since they are the most prevalent ones on here.

Quick question. What about verses created by an auditor? Should those verses be reviewed by other auditors or would we take the Creator's word as to the status of the verse?

I think these standards are good and the current members are great choices.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Quick question. What about verses created by an auditor? Should those verses be reviewed by other auditors or would we take the Creator's word as to the status of the verse?
The auditor that created that verse would not be involved in evaluating it at all. Obviously they'd be capable of providing evidence like anyone else.

I'll help.

I appreciate that so many people are willing to help with this. I really do. But please understand that not everyone will be selected to be a part of the auditing group maybe including me too. This project strictly requires those who are extremely reliable, levelheaded, rational and unbiased.

I'd love to join if you have need of me. I like to think that I'm Unbiased when not in a versus battle. I'm a big fan of book series and cartoon shows

My expertise is Ben Ten, Stargate, Chronicles of Narnia.

AKM sama said:
I'll help.

I appreciate that so many people are willing to help with this. I really do. But keep in mind that not everyone will be selected to be a part of the auditing group maybe including me too. This project strictly requires those who are extremely reliable, levelheaded, rational and unbiased.
^^

Back