• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

why tier 0 characters are omniscience´╝ƒ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new here and I am sorry for my poor EnglishÒÇé

I just cant understand why there are characters who are omniscienceÒÇé

In fiction´╝îomniscience is impossibleÒÇé

If you think any tier 0 character is omniscience´╝îthen he can answer any question ´╝îright´╝ƒ

but we can easily ask some questions that no character is able to answer´╝îeven in fictionÒÇé

Like the poof of

Goldbach conjecture

NP-complete problem

Of course ´╝îwe can write "he know the answer´╝îhe has solved that "´╝îbut no character is really know´╝îbecause we dont know

You can let TOAA /Kami tenchi give the poof of Goldbach conjecture ´╝îthen you know they cant give the poofÒÇé

knowledge is different from powerÒÇé

We cant destory the universe´╝îbut we can do that in fictionÒÇé

But if we dont know the answer about something ´╝î we dont know the answer in fiction eitherÒÇé

Tier 0 requires:

• Transcending baseline 1-A to the same degree that baseline 1-A transcends 11-C (as a minimum)
  • Not having any equal or superior characters, being totally unrivaled within their own verse
  • Not having even the slightest limitation (meaning, they must be fully omniscient and omnipresent, as not knowing something or not being somewhere can imply something outside of their scope)

Also, omnscience is relative. There are 3-D characters who are listed as having it.

KingPin0422 said:
Also, omnscience is relative.
Then that contradicts the whole purpose of the term, the only ones who can be truly be said to be omni- are outerversal beings and infinite-dimensional beings.

ProspectX said:
KingPin0422 said:
Then that contradicts the whole purpose of the term, the only ones who can be truly be said to be omni- are outerversal beings and infinite-dimensional beings.
Omniscience is completly verse-specifical. A 3-D Entity with Omniscience in his own verse just means that its Verse is 3-D. Knowing everything in your own verse is enough to be omniscience. Same goes for Omnipresence.

ProspectX said:
KingPin0422 said:
Don't think too much about it. It's obviously not true omniscience, but it works for their level of reality.

Omnipresence is the same thing: it can be on an outerversal, hyperversal, multiversal or even simply universal scale. It's still omnipresence, at least within the frame of reference provided.

Don't think too much about it. It's obviously not true omniscience, but it works for their level of reality.

Omnipresence is the same thing: it can be on an outerversal, hyperversal, multiversal or even simply universal scale. It's still omnipresence, at least within the frame of reference provided.

No, you are contradicting the original purpose of the term. That's also a heavily understatement of Omni-Science, and etc.

Omni-science is not relative at all, it's a unlimited presence of knowing that only is in conjunction with the other omni-.

ProspectX said:
No, you are contradicting the original purpose of the term. That's also a heavily understatement of Omni-Science, and etc.

Omni-science is not relative at all, it's a unlimited presence of knowing that only is in conjunction with the other omni-.
Look, you cant expand Omni-terms further then their own verse. Being Omniscience in your own Verse is perfectly fine to warrant Omniscience. Its relative ESPECIALLY in fiction, where the reach ends with copyrights.

@ProspectX

Dude, this is fiction. You can't apply facts of reality to it.

And if someone knows all things on a 3-D level, then I would consider them omniscient within that level. They may not be able to comprehend a 4-D being, but that's because said 4-D being is outside of their frame of reference.

mathematics is included in almost every verseÒÇé

if tier 0 characters can know everything in their own verse.

then they must know the mathematics poof ÒÇé

but they dontÒÇé

Doctor 129 said:

but they dontÒÇé
You know omnipotence paradoxes?

Like the fact that an omnipotent character can do things, it is unable to do?

In other words Tier 0 characters break and don't care for logic to begin with, such is the nature of omnipotence.

Them being able to know something they can not know isn't further problematic.

No offense, but that is arbitrary as all hell.

Humans obviously don't know everything; hell, we don't even know the true size of the Universe.

But it's stupid to say that fictional omniscience can't be a thing just because real life omniscience isn't. In real life, animals can't speak English, much less aliens (assuming our Universe has extraterrestrial life). Yet talking animals exist within nearly every work of fiction.

there are two options

1.there are no verse can contain mathematics

2.tier 0 cant know everyting even in their own verse.

The first option is completely illogical, and the second option is basically saying that we should get rid of Tier 0, which definitely isn't happening.

DontTalkDT said:
Doctor 129 said:

but they dontÒÇé
You know omnipotence paradoxes?
Like the fact that an omnipotent character can do things, it is unable to do?

In other words Tier 0 characters break and don't care for logic to begin with, such is the nature of omnipotence.

Them being able to know something they can not know isn't further problematic.
of course,I know ,.

i said before ,they can say "i can do everything"i beyond logic",but they cant give the poof of mathematicsÒÇé

@Doctor

Verses don't have to abide by real life knowldege, nor do they have to use an omnipotent character to tell every thing.

If you're tier 0 you're omnipotent on this wiki, if you're omnipotent, you're omniscient. Also, if you are shown to have even small holes in knowledge, despite being consistently shown to be omnipotent, you're not omnipotent, see the The Law of Identity page.

ByAsura said:
@Doctor
Verses don't have to abide by real life knowldege, nor do they have to use an omnipotent character to tell every thing.

If you're tier 0 you're omnipotent on this wiki, if you're omnipotent, you're omniscient.
I think questionable omniscience is acceptable

ByAsura said:
@Doctor

If you're tier 0 you're omnipotent on this wiki, if you're omnipotent, you're omniscient. Also, if you are shown to have even small holes in knowledge, despite being consistently shown to be omnipotent, you're not omnipotent, see the The Law of Identity page.
1.they say their verse contain mathematics

2. they dont know the poof

conclusion´╝Ü

they konw everyting about their verse´╝ƒ

KingPin0422 said:
The first option is completely illogical, and the second option is basically saying that we should get rid of Tier 0, which definitely isn't happening.
1.they say their verse contain mathematics

2. they dont know the poof

conclusion´╝Ü

they konw everyting about their own verse´╝ƒ

Doctor 129 said:
ByAsura said:
@Doctor

If you're tier 0 you're omnipotent on this wiki, if you're omnipotent, you're omniscient.
Again, why should this be? Worst case if someone theoriticaly ask what the mathematics poof is, the author just need to make up an answer and apply it to his own fictional verse. And no one could argue with that, because its FICTIONAL. Point is, fiction dosnt need to abid real logic, as long as its abide its own logic.

First Witch said:
Doctor 129 said:
ByAsura said:
@Doctor

Again, why should this be? Worst case if someone theoriticaly ask what the mathematics poof is, the author just need to make up an answer and apply it to his own fictional verse. And no one could argue with that, because its FICTIONAL. Point is, fiction dosnt need to abid real logic, as long as its abide its own logic.
you say logic in fiction is different from us´╝ƒ

if you think that way

word are same ´╝îbut different meaningÒÇé

then how can I know someone say"i beyond logic" is beyond real logic´╝îmaybe it is just same word´╝î

maybe beyond logic is same as beyond a stoneÒÇé

Look, we keep omniscience fairly simple. It simply means being completely aware of everything going on within one's own fictional setting. That is all. We cannot be too picky about it. This is just fiction after all.

I will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back