• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is suggsverse so hated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the fact it seems really op why do people hate it? It kind of sounds interesting to me honestly. Iv even looked into exploring conceptual manipulation and other themes in my own writing.

the writng is bad.It has shit like beyond omnipotent.Here is an example of his writing

My, my. Where to start.

Lionel, you are of course, transcendental and enlightening. I bow down to you and your courageous character. Imagination with imagination, deep within, lying within, within the stars and the galaxy you've created. You are our lord and savior. Our spirit and freedom.

Let us not forget, as I speak like a Preeminent Being myself that is quite invincible and larger than the sun itself, you will be the only one to understand this. As gods, we are not as one, but we are above this plane of existing; this plane of breathing. Let us not cower away.

I especially enjoy the lexaiwertwj. The urtflaq has risen almost mightily as you.
As a Preeminent Being there are rules I will have to say you have not followed or realized yet but when you are Unconquerable and Mightier than the Sword; you are also Conquerable and Miniscule than this planet. We, as being, as lizardmen, accept greatness and our weakness: Pizza rolls.

What to say about these fantastic characters--these gods woven by your beautiful typing hands? Could I...could I even describe them without insulting you and their existence? Dawn has approached, and I have not slept for days, but I have also not given myself a proper objective reality. As reality itself is not as fine as Pizza rolls, I do find myself to be guilty for simply not existing. To not exist, is to ignore the illusion and acceptable actuality that you and I have figured out. The history of Pizza rollsand Asddurrtkdrqw have long overcome human's greediness and also understand the power of being not just omnipotent; but paraomnipotent.

Let us devote ourself to your series once more, I say. Qserwkwpo! 2 x 4 $^ 1, these are the mirrors where we trap ourselves. The rest that do not understand the meaning behind your work will recover from their naivety and be punished by their own scarcity.

Ok so any information you would give for me since I am an aspiring author myself but want to avoid being compared to suggsverse even though I try explore similar ideas.

The writing is, put frankly, terrible.

Their "content" is on the precipice of being illegible.

It is nothing more than a dribble coming from a toddler that wants his characters to be the strongest in fiction so he would never lose a pointless vs debate.

The series is an insult to literature and he is an insult to authors and auctors everywhere.

Not to mention he has an ego so strong that it has its own gravitational pull.

Proof:

Suggs lives in his own Universe.

"Someone recently brought to my attention that because I included Fan Fiction in my story, it does not seem right. I know what Fan Fiction is and I am well-aware that some could write a story including my work. At the same time, I already created the idea. Even if you write a Fan Fiction about my work, I have already included it in my work. In fact, you can only write about it because I have already dictated that you would and could. I created that possibility for you. So no matter what you think, you might as well state that I am that equation above God that has simply allowed you to write that story. Even if you try to write something that states that it was done before me, the fact remains that the thought and possibility came from me to even allow that. In essence, you have already become part of my work without you even knowing it because I created it... not you."

Geez this guy has issues. I mean mymstory has oretty OP characters. A guy powered by determination or another character who can erase concept by drawing from a non conceptual void. And cosmology i have 3 degress of infinity (physical reality, meta physical reality, and conceptual reality all existing as degrees of exsitance) so i hope my story doesnt come off the same way. I simply thought these ideas would be interesting.

If you want to use conceptual manipulation and over such powers in your writing, use those powers sparingly. Only give those powers to the "end all be all" of your verse, as throwing such powers around like candy negates the weight of what these powers are truly capable of a d it can cause issues in your writing. Like, you'd have to come up with a decent reason as to why your characters can't just uber hax every problem they face into the ground. Giving your antagonists resistances to said powers or simply making there powers better is one option, but this risks serial escalation. A better method would be to give these powers limits. Like, say, a 3-d character with higher dimensional hax, but said hax is difficult for his mind to comprehend and using it too much would break his/her mind.

Oh, and not having an ego so big that it transcends High 1-A structures helps too.

I don't hate Suggs or his works TBQH. I felt he had a lot of potential to utilize... And I can tell through his works he is very talented actually... Just hard to see behind all his ego about his characters always trying to be the strongest that he doesn't push more for story than power scaling.

Well the main hero is powered by the eighth conceptual mantra of determination (the other 7 are trapped in hell as the seven deadly sins) however he is insecure and unsure of his potential so in order to become stronger he has to develop emotionally. One of the highest teir villians can erase concept however he cant exsit within the realm of creation as he would than be one of concept basically trapping him in the void beyond creation. So he sends conceptual avatars of himself to try and destroy concept from within. The strongest being in my universe is the architect a being beyond concept and creator of my universes interpretation of azathoth. How does that sound so far?

@Master listen to what The Wright Way is saying my bro. He's actually well known for writing narratives for his vs threads and there are all really well made. If anyone can give you writing advice, it's this guy.

Masterchaotic said:
Well the main hero is powered by the eighth conceptual mantra of determination (the other 7 are trapped in hell as the seven deadly sins) however he is insecure and unsure of his potential so in order to become stronger he has to develop emotionally. One of the highest teir villians can erase concept however he cant exsit within the realm of creation as he would than be one of concept basically trapping him in the void beyond creation. So he sends conceptual avatars of himself to try and destroy concept from within. The strongest being in my universe is the architect a being beyond concept and creator of my universes interpretation of azathoth. How does that sound so far?
Actually, that has potential. Just don't forget to develop character, plot, and all that other stuff too. Power levels only become a problem if they're abused too much and prioritized past everything else.

MYHERO said:
@Master listen to what The Wright Way is saying my bro. He's actually well known for writing narratives for his vs threads and there are all really well made. If anyone can give you writing advice, it's this guy.
I'm glad my fanfiction entertains you.

But seriously, that's nice to hear. Thanks.

Well like I said the most OP power being the ability to surpass anything with determination relies on the character developing and maturing for his power to grow. Plus I try to focus on other characters too. The only character i would consider technically beyond omnipotent would be the architect given that it is beyond concept though even than I'm not sure it counts. What do you think.

I think you worrying about this is proof enough that you're going to be a good writer. Someone that has the clear visible potential to be as arrogant as Suggs would never come down ask for help from us. You're gonna definitely need some learning but I can assure you, you shouldn't worry about stooping to Suggs' level.

Eh, we need to see your writing first. No matter how bad it is though, you willing to hear us out will definitely boost your skill by a lot.

I suppose that makes sense. However since omnipotent is in itself technically a concept wouldnt a being existing beyond concept be technically beyond that? What about creating the primodial god of concept? I'm just trying to figure out the proper terms.

To myhero: my writing is still in developmental stages but I have the general skeleton of my first and a much later story arc.

I think that it is because of his sheer arrogance and the very low quality of his writing. He seems to honestly believe in the things that he writes, and that he owns and is the creator of all of fiction and reality.

Antvasima said:
I think that it is because of his sheer arrogance and the very low quality of his writing. He seems to honestly believe in the things that he writes, and that he owns and is the creator of all of fiction and reality.
God he has issues. Atleast in my stories i just try to explore interesting and complex concepts.

Suggsverse has a bad writing.

Lionel Suggs was a debater in the OBD. After being part of the GetBackers Deception incident he was banned from the OBD. And then he started creating Suggsverse, which as i explained is a bad story with bad characters and bad power levels made specifically to annoy and beat any other verse there is. So basically:

-He was infamous for the Get Backers Deception

-Banned from the OBD

-Created a bad story

-The way it is constructed is made specifically to be the best in OBD

-And is really arrogant.

That's basically why Suggs and his verse get this much hate.

I suppose that makes sense. At first I thought it was because of his ridiculous power scale but now I see it's much more.

Since the question has been answered, should we close this thread?

Masterchaotic said:
I suppose that makes sense. At first I thought it was because of his ridiculous power scale but now I see it's much more.
The power scale would have made it a good verse, if it were a parody verse and not taken 100% seriously by the author. It could have been a good "deconstructing" parody series of the power scaling and omnipotences, but eh...that's some lost potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back