• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

So long (again)

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
I joined this community eight years ago, to the day, only a bit over a week after I first edited a page on Versus Battles, and I'm stepping down and leaving today. This is completely incidental and an insane coincidence. The world is just beautiful like that, I suppose.

I became staff about a month after joining, which seems absurd to me, but it's what happened. And I've spent a long time on this wiki, as part of this community, watching so many people go. So many friends and people I respected have come and gone, one after the other. I still miss people most of you have never met. My life has also changed more than I can even begin to convey. 2015 was a rough year for me, a contender for the most miserable year of my life, and I came to VSB and FCOC on the tailend of the worst depression I've ever experienced. It helped me recover. For all the horseshit, I have never felt more part of a community and more among friends than I have here.

My pages, though they no longer stand, showed years of change and progress as I grew as a person and a writer. Not just characters, but the central ideas and themes of my stories have transformed in ways that are hard to express. It is legitimately absurd to me how this community has persisted in my life through so much. Multiple relationships, strong ones, have come and gone, but I remained here, chipping away at work and my own writing. I was driven to improve by being here, and came out of my shell, in a lot of ways, to share things I talked about with very few people. I am glad for the time I spent here.

But things have been getting hard for me, and being in this community has grown increasingly difficult and stressful. It's part of why I left VSB last year. A lot of things happened, but I will be completely honest - the shit that happened between myself and Fate in 2021 completely ****** my ability to remain in this community and I've been holding on by a thread since then. And my life continues to go and throw more shit at me regardless, so even when I started to recover from that, I had new shit to deal with. My personal life has been deeply terrible since 2020, and for the sake of my mental health, I need to get the **** out of here and move on.

I know this is going to cause problems, disrupt roleplays, and upset people. It will probably cause problems beyond what you expect. This has been the single greatest thing preventing me from leaving for the past two years, but I can't continue to neglect my own mental health like this. There are other pressures and factors that have cropped up in my life recently that leave me unwilling to stick around. It's been eight years - I was barely an adult when I joined this community, and now I'm close to thirty. I think I have better things to do now. With this said, I am genuinely, deeply sorry to leave and complicate things for you people like this.

I am not perfect. I know I've been increasingly less active and reliable, there are many things in my past judgments and decisions that I regret nowadays, and a lot of work now remains unfinished. I even started writing up a Starcross roleplay at some point, but now that's dead in the water! But I deeply care for this community and the people in it, and I've tried so very hard to make it a nice place to be. This has been such an important part of my life for eight years. It's frankly embarrassing. I care about you people probably more than you understand. Of course, many of you have never really talked to me, so I imagine none of this means anything to you. Continue not particularly caring. Regardless, leaving makes me much sadder than I can convey in words, but sometimes things are just like that. Not only do I need to leave, I want to leave.

This includes moving on, for the most part, from using this account. I may dip in now and then, and maybe I'll hop back on the server now and then in the future. But I'm gone, more or less. Whatever conversations we have after this are likely to be the last time I talk to many of you. I'm sorry.

So long, and thanks for everything.

I'm happy you're putting in the effort on improving your mental health, even if it pains people to see you go. Your life comes first above everything, nothing should get in the way of that.

Thank you for being here as long as you have, and best of luck with your future.

You've honestly been one of the kindest role models on the site. I'm really at a loss at what to say because I tend to just not see or comment on things, but taking care of yourself should come first and foremost. Life is rough. we all walk through our lives each day having to make painful choices. With everything in mind I have nothing but respect for you. You will be missed my friend, please take care of yourself.

Thank you for inspiring me Promestein! I know you might not think they're that good now, but a few years back, those pages you made on FC/OC genuinely motivated me to try improving my quality of writing. It started with my own pages on the site, and has since crossed that boundary into other works that have benefitted greatly from that initial push...

May fate do you well.

Not gonna lie, I'm really gonna miss you.

I know that we don't really interact all talk that much, but I can't help but still that you're part of the family that I feel the community has come to be. I've known you for a long time, and you've always been someone I looked up to in terms of professionalism and being an authority figure inside the community too. It's my worst fear seeing the people I've come to know and care about go their separate ways, you can bet your ass I and others will welcome you back with open arms if you, hopefully, decide to. I hope you get better and have a really lovely life outside of the wiki though. You've always been an awesome person in my books, and I hope great things are in store for you future.

Take care Prom 🫂

Dear Promestein,

Well, I suppose all good things must come to an end. Even friendships. While I don’t know what happened between you and Fate I am speaking from experience when I’m saying that if leaving is what’s best for your mental health then that’s what you should do. Though I haven’t talked to you much lately I’m very proud to call you my friend and want you to be happy. And it’s not just me. I know for a fact that this community is full of people who love you. So let’s send you off with a bittersweet smile as we celebrate years of friendship and acknowledge that while we’d welcome you back with open arms there isn’t any pressure at all. If anything, I’d prefer to never see you again than for you to return and regret it. Not because I wouldn’t miss you… just because we care about you.

So goodbye Prom, I hope you live your best life. Please don’t forget the happy times we all had but never treat them as an obligation to do anything. Never give up on yourself or your dreams, whatever they may be. And whatever you do, please don’t forget how much we love and appreciate you.

Best wishes, WDinATX

As I said in our private Discord discussion, I am very sorry to hear about your personal problems.

You have been really awesomely dependable, and I have very greatly valued your help and friendship over the years, and think that your common sense is awesome.

I really really hope that everything will work out great for you, and you are always welcome to talk with me in private if you want any mental health advice or just to keep in touch.

Goodbye. I will miss you.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Goodbye 1.jpg

Last edited:
Well this is a bit sudden. I've only spoken to you a few times before, both on discord and on the wiki, still remember some fond memories like when Cal got drunk out of his mind and started going to everyone's message wall to compliment them, and how he kept saying you'd win the pageant show without even being there. Back when being on FANDOM was a lot simpler and less complicated than it had any right to be.

Still I hope you do take care of your mental health, that and any IRL situations should matter to you far more than an online forum where we slap fictional characters at each other and debate who slaps harder. If you do end up being better, I hope we can see each other again, if not, I wish you the best of luck out there in the real world. Godspeed.

I'm sorry to have found out about this so late. Even if we didn't talk at all, your pages were a huge inspiration for my own characters and even my own writing at times. Take care, and I hope that whatever happens is for the better.

Best wishes, Another Council

I'm surprised I didn't notice this thread and thought I would have seen it in notifications upon creation.

Anyway, you were the first name and face (Well more accurately profile pic) I saw on my Message Wall when I created my account back in January 2017. And based on my experience always seemed like a relatively nice and friendly and welcoming staff member. And I have seen the hard work you contributed to and always found that you have been a valid asset to the community. And you always seemed like you'd be an excellent candidate for a Bureaucrat ever since I first saw you as you have consistently been great at having a sense of judgement, often kept calm under pressure, and often used common sense when very few others were in certain times of crisis. And while I have sort of predicted a retirement years before it finally happened, it was still heart breaking to see you go. But now it does look like you are leaving leaving. It will be even more heart breaking. Far well, be safe, you will be missed.

ea193c08875fedd14918fb16163a8c3e.png

P.S. sounds like you might be close to my age.

Thank you for all of your work over the years, Prom.

To give a more 'objective' note: you've always upheld a level of diligence and good-will that the staff body here should aspire to match. It's no secret that you've been a role model for much of the community, including me. I, and I would hope the rest of the community, will strive to live up to the standards you left for us.

And to give a more sentimental note: I'll miss you. You weren't just a great staff member. You brought a certain life into this community that no one else could. I ought not to be melodramatic - the community will live on, of course - but I can't deny that a little spark of what made this place what it is was found in your presence. And even so, this is evidently for the best. No one has a greater obligation than the obligation to live a good life. I hope that, wherever it is you go after your departure from this community, you'll find what's best for you.

And of course, my Discord DMs are always open if you're interested in speaking about personality typology again. That's always been a fun little intersection of our communities. ;p

Back