• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
So, on Diego Brando from Another Universe's profile it states that his stand "should" be comparable to Dio Brando's Stand, but we shouldn't scale alternate universe counterparts to their origin by virtue of being similar to the original.

If there is WoG saying they are comparable, then sure, they should scale, but otherwise it's wrong to just assume they're the same exactly.

Unless, of course, there is some other feat that I'm missing.

Because they The World is obviously meant to be identical to THE WORLD.

- They share the same name - Identical abilities - Near identical appearance (possibly only differing because a change of art style) - Identical stand stats

Thats the gist of it, obviously Araki was illustrating that they are supposed to be the same Stand.

The same can be said about any sort of alternate universe counterpart, though. You shouldn't just assume that they share everything and scale if they've never even interacted with the original timeline.

I'm sure there's some sort of WoG that proves this; I would just like to see it so it can be added to the profile to make things more clear.

The best feat is Steel Ball Run is 9-A as far as I know, and a High 8-C one in Part 8.

Don't know about speed though.

Yeah, the feats in SBR don't correlate with the original parts either, so the connection is even more shaky.

Perhaps we should look for some more feats that can support 8-B instead of just assuming they scale without any reasons other than same names/appearances?

I really don't see why.

Alt universe characters shouldn't scale in any form unless there is statements/reasons to scale.

I can agree to that; I've yet to see any other reasons to scale Diego and Dio though.

I'll message some more JoJo supporters to look this over, then.

I agree with this, we shouldn't scale alternate universe counterparts to their original just by virtue of them being similar.

I am fine with a likely rating though.

Well I don't think that just saying that THE WORLD just "looks like" The World is accurate. It has the same name, same appearance, exact same powers, it has the exact same stats (I know we don't use those, but still). It pretty much is the same thing. It's not the first time that we had a Stand that is the exact same one as another. Ratt and Hermit Purple are other examples. Even if it's from another universe, it's still the same basic entity, used by different people. And the AU thing in Jojo certainly isn't a hard reset that would endanger scaling.

If it was just me I'd be okay with outright 8-B, but I can settle with likely/possibly.

Alright, that seems good.

What would their feats amount to? I assume there's 8-C or High 8-C stuff given Part 8.

Also, same thing for speed?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well I don't think that just saying that THE WORLD just "looks like" The World is accurate. It has the same name, same appearance, exact same powers, it has the exact same stats (I know we don't use those, but still). It pretty much is the same thing. It's not the first time that we had a Stand that is the exact same one as another. Ratt and Hermit Purple are other examples. Even if it's from another universe, it's still the same basic entity, used by different people. And the AU thing in Jojo certainly isn't a hard reset that would endanger scaling.

If it was just me I'd be okay with outright 8-B, but I can settle with likely/possibly.

Hermit Purple and Hermit Purple #2 / The Passion (If you wanna go the Jorge noncanon route I guess) actually do function differently if I remember correctly.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I would be ok with a "likely" before the 8-B, but otherwise it is literally the same stand. There is Killer Queen in Part 8 as well
There's no evidence for this outside of form and function.

You can't scale across multiple universes by virtue of similarity. If there was author confirmation I'd support you, but as it stands saying "likely" is giving it more credit than what it's worth.

SomebodyData said:
I agree with the op, and just to give an example of au characters not scaling: Homura Akemi and Tamura Akemi.
That is a different verse entirely. And in this case, JJBA is basically a carbon copy of the original. Take the 2 Ratt stands for example, even if it comes from a different place and time, they will be the same

There's no evidence for this outside of form and function.

You can't scale across multiple universes by virtue of similarity. If there was author confirmation I'd support you, but as it stands saying "likely" is giving it more credit than what it's worth.

It's literally the same stand. It's not similar, it's a goddamn photocopy

Ratt is an exception, not part of the rule.

And Ratt was in the same universe, to boot. We're talking about a completely different universe with different rules.

I mean

If it's called the world

And it stops time

And it looks like the world

And it has the exact same ratings

I'm not sure we can just say it's immensely weaker because it's a copy that exists in another universe

Isn't Hermit Purple a stand of Hamon users in the same way Ball Breaker is a stand of Spin users?

Hermit purple is also only in the original continuity minus the novels.

DCEU Superman

He's called Clark kent

He can fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

He looks like superman.

(Ratings are BS in JoJo, Saikou even admits that)

DCEU Superman should scale to comics superman.

And before you go "well it's a different verse entirely", unless any characters interacted in the old and new timeslines, the logic is exactly the same.

Look guys, we don't scale across universes based on similarity.

Part 7 has no canon feats that support this either.

That 8-B feat that happened after Part 1 never existed in the new timeline. Why we should magically assume the characters can survive the same things because they walk and talk the same is beyond me.

You can't treat all AUs in all fictions as the same. Stuff like alternate continuities very often have different rules, powers, setting and even sometimes cosmic entities. Stands, Hamon, etc. in the new universe act exactly like they do in the original afaik. This is just another timeline in the greater Jojo verse, not a hard reset.

Except we aren't. It's like saying that a weapon said to be exactly the same isn't exactly the same just because it's used somewhere else.

Dargoo Faust said:
The problem is that DCEU is an entirely different Canon altogether with complete different writers, while Part 7 is another chapter in a story written by the same guy all the way.

Back