• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Boruto: The Movie should have its separate key,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intro:
In this thread, I will be suggesting the idea that Boruto: The Movie should have its own separate key. I hope that u can understand my arguments behind this claim.

Arguement:
As we have all acknowledged, in Boruto: The Movie, the power scaling there differs from the Boruto manga. An example of this is it being stated verbatim that base momoshiki had created a parralel world(or universe but that can be discussed in another thread.) to naruto’s. The kanji being used is isekai which could mean parallel universe or different dimension world in a science fiction context which Boruto is by definition. It’s also outright stated that when naruto and sasuke fight together they become one and surpass an addition in power and their power becomes the very embodiment that created or gave rise to all things in the universe/nature. Also stated that there is a But regardless it’s at least Planet level.

We also know that Kishimoto(The Original creator of Naruto and Boruto)and Kodachi(The author for volumes 1-13 of the Boruto manga) both wrote the script of this movie.

I understand the fact that the movie was retconned by the manga but only means that it is not canon to the manga and is in a separate timeline as we have been shown by shuiesha that Boruto: The Movie is canon on multiple occasions.

I propose that there is a separate key for the movie since we know it has its own canon timeline and it’s not just some random filler. and it was written by the authors but is not canon to the manga, similarly to how dragon ball has dragon ball gt or heroes or how beyonder has a pre retcon and post retcon.

The last thing I want to say is, shouldn’t the fact that it differs in power scaling be enough for a separate key to be made. I mean isn’t that the whole point of this forum? To power scale?

Conclusion: there should be a separate key for the movie although the power scaling in this key can be discussed in a different thread.

It’s not the same, different events happen too for example, boruto does not get a karma seal at the end
The minor alterations like that are exactly why we don't consider it canon, but there needs to be pretty drastic story/character differences iirc for it to be given a different profile/key, not minor things.

The minor alterations like that are exactly why we don't consider it canon, but there needs to be pretty drastic story/character differences iirc for it to be given a different profile/key, not minor things.
Is the main character of the movie not being injected by alien DNA that would later erase him from existence and put the main villain in his place not a drastic change ?

yeah i'm with Purgy sorry 8 but we already have a profile for these character i don't find necessary create another key for them

yeah i'm with Purgy sorry 8 but we already have a profile for these character i don't find necessary create another key for them
it’s a drastically different timeline because it means kawaki isn’t a thing, Kaara isn’t a thing, isshiki isn’t a thing, mujina bandits aren’t a thing. The preview that we saw of the timeskip in the future isn’t a thing. Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back