• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are the Medaka box characters at there current ratings?

There is also the issue that the school was apparently coming apart as well, before the ropes and her body were. It is not just the raw pulling of it

Iapitus The Impaler said:
There is also the issue that the school was apparently coming apart as well, before the ropes and her body were. It is not just the raw pulling of it
Get fragmentation, half it since it isn't completely fallen apart, add that to KE.

Also, getting scans and linking them to the profile would make the ratings less of a mess to figure out, by the way.

Here is the chapter where it took place. As can be seen on page 20, "I am the student council president!! Moving a wing or two of the school, is within my jurisdiction!!"

I am trying to find a proper picture of the whole thing. The one they have on the wiki is in forced perspective so it doesn't work

I have watched the feat.

Couple of things, Medaka does the feat over time, and while she claims she can "move the school" she doesn't actually do that in the feat, nor does she really move the building in that feat as much as she tears it apart.

There is the statement "I can move the school" (which can't be quantified with no time frame) and a feat, her tearing apart the building, which are separate.

We see an image of the extent of the destruction she causes here, which to be frank is no where near 8-B. Heck, she does the feat over time, so I'd have to divide that by some large number too. I'll calc it though, seems easy enough.

I'll get scans from the manga, give me a few minutes...

That's in the anime, which adds a alot of stuff that wasn't in the manga
Yes, it actually shows the destruction it causes in the anime, for one.

The manga doesn't and just gives a disjointed statement that can't really be used as a feat, other than the fact she is tearing the building apart, which wouldn't be 8-B.

Unless we are compositing the profiles, we cannot use the anime stuff. If we did that, Kumagawa would still have conceptual manipulation.

Besides, we can still try and calculate the strength it will take to move the school.

I don't think there is a clear-isometric shot of the campus anywhere in the manga, akin to how we never get to see the whole structure of Hakoniwa general hospital (Which Iihiko pulverized)

Though I think the closest thing we've got for scaling the school is from first opening, can link it in few.

Here is the feat in the manga.

You guys can go ahead with these changes but I'm starting my reread of the manga to look for feats/scaling today; I'm gonna be making a CRT once I'm done regardless.

Unless we are compositing the profiles, we cannot use the anime stuff. If we did that, Kumagawa would still have conceptual manipulation.
Besides, we can still try and calculate the strength it will take to move the school.
Read the manga part too. The level of destruction she causes is actually significantly less and still over time.

We have no timeframe for that, and I have reason to doubt the statement since it takes her significant effort to do something far less potent, as she says that.

That's not from her moving the school, that's from the other parts of Unzen and her's fight.

We don't know how much she moved for the lesser feat so its up in the air, and a general time frame can be used. Either way, a lot of them would be hard to calc. We could try for the Iihiko one at least

There's a pretty big difference between using a manga feat's anime visual to get a better calculation, and adding anime-only abilities. But I know that Dargoo's looking into exactly how calcs of anime feats should be treated in Mob Psycho, which has a pretty similar situation to Medaka Box.

We can calculate the strength it would take to move the school, but we don't know that she can move the school at this point.

That's not from her moving the school, that's from the other parts of Unzen and her's fight.
We don't know how much she moved for the lesser feat so its up in the air, and a general time frame can be used. Either way, a lot of them would be hard to calc. We could try for the Iihiko one at least
That's just me showing that she doesn't even cause the building to collapse like it did in the anime. That shot is from after she breaks out of the strings, of the building she was in, which hasn't moved, like at all, and is still standing.

These two feats seem incredibly vague and don't need 8-B levels of AP to perform. Also a "school wing", even if it's a big school, can constitute a lot of different things, and it just seemed to be in reference to the building she was currently in, which isn't that big. And I don't really see her actually moving it, it just seems she broke apart potions of it to escape. So the feat/statement itself is up in the air.

So I would rather use other feats, yes.

Agnaa said:
We can calculate the strength it would take to move the school, but we don't know that she can move the school at this point.
As a heads up the statement is not "the entire school", it's "a wing or two of the school", which like I said could mean a lot of things.

Wouldn't it be better to use the statement of "each string supports 5 Tons" and "I used hundreds of them on you" to calculate how much force she was applying on them to break however many she did?

Unless she doesn't really break them in which case RIP.

Reading through the manga, Spino's calc makes a lot of sketchy assumptions. I don't see where he got such absurdly large values, however he literally only destroys a room.

He says he is happy that attack didn't blow away the building, but that could just be from destroying supports (which a 9-A attack is perfectly capable of), could have happened over time, etc. Again I don't see Spino's pixelscaling so I don't know why his values are so large. So the calc shouldn't honestly be used. Spino also calls it "destroying the school", which is just straight up incorrect as he's only referring to a single wing or building.

Also the statement Spino quoted was from a user, not from the actual manga, which kind of explains why so many incorrect assumptions were made.

IDK about the hospital feat, looking over it rn.

Spino does not explain where the scans are from in the manga for the hospital feat, doesn't show his pixelscaling, and his picture links are broken, so I think the third calc should just be tossed out the window. If someone can link the feat I can try recalculating it.

We should wait for input from the guy who did the calcs before we move forward
Spino claims he doesn't know the context of the feats.

Guess we should redo the hospital feat in particular, since that will likely weild the most consistent result. I can try to get scans for the feat tmrw. I will also look for more feats as well. For mid series, we could use the feat of Naze freezing a building to prevent its collapse, so we could have building level at the minimum.

On a side note, I think we should reavaluate our decision to not scale from the ship cutting feat. As can be seen from the Zenkichi vs Iihiko fight, it can undeniably be used to enhanced one's physical abilities. I am going to look more into the context, but since there are characters tanking cuts from users of contradictory conjuctures with hax on both sides, I think we may potentially be able to at least scale the highest characters like End God Mode Medaka, Iihiko, Contradictory Conjuncture Zenkichi, and possibly Nienami

What about the other calculations in the blog?

Antvasima said:
What about the other calculations in the blog?
While the movement feat didn't come out that high in the first place, it assumes she's moving the entire school, which wasn't the statement.

The school destruction feat interpeted the statement wrong.

The hospital feat just has broken links and we don't have a good idea of where the measurements came from so we'd like to recalc it.

Dargoo commented on the other calculations here and here.

For Medaka's stamina...

How do we know that her regen gives her more stamina? How do we know that Encounter can be used to send her fatigue onto someone else? How do we know that All-Fiction can erase fatigue? Have any of these been demonstrated?

Then that should be the justification for her stamina, rather than what I listed.

So should her stamina justification be adjusted then?

I would like a scan of that and a bit more discussion before it's applied, but it does need to be changed regardless.

It was originally linked on the Oudo profile, but the link seems to have expired
Luckily we can still find the source from the URL. It was chapter 53 page 17.

If this seems fine to everyone I could replace Medaka's stamina with Oudo's justification, and replace the link on Oudo's page.

@Ant Yes, Medaka Kurokami and Oudo Miyakonojou's pages need to be unlocked

Back