• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are platonic concepts, transfinite mathematics, and jungian archetypes faulty when it comes to outer scaling?

I'm genuinely curious, as I come across a lot of people who use it to get beings like Solaris from Sonic 06 to outer, and then immediately get countered by a person saying it's stupid or faulty to use. And personally, I agree. Most people wanna use them when they start losing a debate.

Last edited:
Yeah, people primarily call the sonic ones stupid because they are! But, for the most part it usually defaults to a portrayal the work uses in itself, that's how consistency works (i.e we don't just assume ALL properties apply because of well, a lack of them). However, there's also the dumb dumbs of the powerscaling community, that make just outright awful arguments in attempt to disregard the original interpretation of these ideas (For example, People call archetypes or platonic concepts "subjective" to say they don't actually scale anywhere, which is bogus). So it's a combination of disingenuity and idiocy.

I'm genuinely curious, as I come across a lot of people who use it to get beings like Solaris from Sonic 06 to outer, and then immediately get countered by a person saying it's stupid or faulty to use. And personally, I agree. Most people wanna use them when they start losing a debate.
Thanks

Back