• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Platonic Concepts issues

From what I can gather Platonics are forms of idea of that specific Concept.

But from my perspectives of platos philosophy withib fiction has its flaw. We cannot determine a concept being true platonic unless its specfically stated so. Like if theres a statement of "All concepts" people do not see the statement as true platonic because theres no showing that it is. The idea of platonic concepts in fiction is vague and subjective.

You can determine a concept in fiction based on how it is depicted.

You don't even need have a statement of "platonic forms". In fact, even if you do have such a statement we still need an example of such behavior, since such a concept could be misunderstood by the author.

Assaltwaffle said:
You can determine a concept in fiction based on how it is depicted.

You don't even need have a statement of "platonic forms". In fact, even if you do have such a statement we still need an example of such behavior, since such a concept could be misunderstood by the author.
Thats the point how can we determine True platonic concepts within fiction and how can u prove it. Concepts of dimensions is already platonic sure but other concepts like death, Thoughts, or concept of duality. The only thing i have a problem with is people asking whether this character being transdual needs to be above platonic duality. As in concepts within that duality has to be true platonic to be impressive and such.

It is somewhat easy to determine it. If they govern all reality to the point that everything participates in them, and are beyond all reality even to a 1-A level, they can be assumed to be truly Platonic.

Assaltwaffle said:
It is somewhat easy to determine it. If they govern all reality to the point that everything participates in them, and are beyond all reality even to a 1-A level, they can be assumed to be truly Platonic.
Do u have any verse that has true platonic concepts?? Im fine with more than 2 verse

Assaltwaffle said:
I don't know off the top of my head. I'm sure there are some, though.
DC would be good example due to endless having forms of death, Dream at 1-A. But as for like masadaverse i dont see platonic concepts becuase they transcend duality and all binary concepts. I dont know if they automatically transcend Platonic concepts

Back