• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who truly deserves "master swordsman" on their profile?

DaReaperMan puts forward a very good point
Would Theresia be able to recognize the threat of Sams HF sword?
As I said in the main post, I think she could find all the "perfections and imperfections" of his blade, as it states in her profile, since I doubt it's on the level of complexity or abstractness as Rezero sacred swords or demon swords since it's simply a blade that's been passed down for generations that is now cybernetically enhanced (correct me if I'm wrong).

As I said in the main post, I think she could find all the "perfections and imperfections" of his blade, as it states in her profile, since I doubt it's on the level of complexity or abstractness as Rezero sacred swords or demon swords since it's simply a blade that's been passed down for generations that is now cybernetically enhanced (correct me if I'm wrong).
Proof that thus works on the Macro-quantum level?

Cause yeah, just breaking one of these blades got stated to defy the laws of physics, they are more then just cybernetic shit.

Last edited:
Ahem what? What does it "working on the macro-quantum level" have to do with whether or not she will be able to properly the blade? She could probably tell it's not normal just from how Sam swings it even if she couldn't for some reason detect the danger of the blade itself.

That's because it's not an ability of Theresia's. It's a resistance of the dragon sword. And again the profiles are still in the process of being updated.
I don't care. Get it onto the profile or don't use it.
Ahem what? What does it "working on the macro-quantum level" have to do with whether or not she will be able to properly the blade? She could probably tell it's not normal just from how Sam swings it even if she couldn't for some reason detect the danger of the blade itself.
Bro Sam swings it like its a normal ******* sword, there's not gonna be anything fucky about it except for maybe his fighting style being that of a dude who uses Laido attacks a lot lol

Bro Sam swings it like its a normal ******* sword, there's not gonna be anything fucky about it except for maybe his fighting style being that of a dude who uses Laido attacks a lot lol
Those kinds of minor inperceptable differences are the exact kind of thing that characters like Theresia can see. He may not consciously use it differently but having a blade that cuts through anything else is going to inherently mean there is an unconscious difference in how he uses it.

But whatever, let's drop that point since it doesn't really matter. She can precog the blade either way.

Those kinds of minor inperceptable differences are the exact kind of thing that characters like Theresia can see. He may not consciously use it differently but having a blade that cuts through anything else is going to inherently mean there is an unconscious difference in how he uses it.

But whatever, let's drop that point since it doesn't really matter. She can precog the blade either way.
Prove he has those. Like, honestly. Why would a guy who only got the sword upgraded later actually swing differently?

Anal prediction is not precog lol

Proof that thus works on the Macro-quantum level?

Cause yeah, just breaking one of these blades got stated to defy the laws of physics, they are more then just cybernetic shit.
If that's the case then I take back what I said lol

Idk much about Rezero or MGRR so I'll let you guys handle things from now on

Analytical Prediction is a type of precog. Theresia will know everything Sam will do, and if she causes any bleeding it should be lethal.
Kind of? But also like, Sam's sword kinda just goes through her's so if they clash blades she's probably ******* dead

And are you seriously saying a guy who laughed off having his arm cut off would die of blood loss? Are you kidding me?

Also I should probably ask, how easy is Theresa to piss off? Cause talking shit is something Sam does all the time to throw his opponents off

And are you seriously saying a guy who laughed off having his arm cut off would die of blood loss? Are you kidding me?
Due to her Divine Blessing of the Death God all bleeding will be ceaseless and wounds will not close, unless Sam has some way to counter it.

Also I should probably ask, how easy is Theresa to piss off? Cause talking shit is something Sam does all the time to throw his opponents off
She tends to disassociate in combat because she hates it, so talking shit is probably pointless.

Due to her Divine Blessing of the Death God all bleeding will be ceaseless and wounds will not close, unless Sam has some way to counter it.

She tends to disassociate in combat because she hates it, so talking shit is probably pointless.
Okay, And? Cutting off an arm kills in like 2 minutes due to blood loss, and Sam didn't die to that so... yeah. Blood loss won't kill Sam. Otherwise lethal wounds do.

Cool, though admittedly Sam talks so much mad shit he pissed off an AI lol

Okay, And? Cutting off an arm kills in like 2 minutes due to blood loss, and Sam didn't die to that so... yeah. Blood loss won't kill Sam. Otherwise lethal wounds do.
Are you saying he can survive having no blood in his body? If so then put it on his profile.

To me at least, not dying after losing an arm isn't enough evidence that he can survive cursed wounds that eternally bleed.

Are you saying he can survive having no blood in his body? If so then put it on his profile.

To me at least, not dying after losing an arm isn't enough evidence that he can survive cursed wounds that eternally bleed.
I mean, is that even an Ability he doesn't already have?

I mean do you know human biology and how long it takes to kill someone? Cause losing an arm is one of the fastest ways to do it.

Additionally Theresia's Blessing can make another character, Reinhard van Astrea, bleed to death despite the fact that he experiences no negative effects from bleeding and actually gets stronger if he is bleeding.

Can I see proof of the former?

Q: In the case that Reinhard-san was cut by Theresia's "Blessing of the Reaper", what kind of Blessing would he take care of it with?

A: He couldn't take care of it. Once the "Blessing of the Reaper" has started operating, it's over. Perhaps with spirits endlessly trying to heal his injury, or dying once and resetting his body with "Blessing of the Phoenix", the effect of "Blessing of the Reaper" could be ended. - Theresia Birthday Q&A 2018

Are we really saying she can deal with a 10x speed gap, (with AOE too, let's not forget that) because she's skilled? While ignoring Sam humiliates dudes who are like two dozen skill ***** above where the worst of the worst have an analytical prediction bordering on precog (Including some who actually do have precog), enhanced senses, the ability to copy shit at a glance, know what the foe will do before they do it based on minute movements like muscle twitching/changes in the atmosphere/r just out predicting, and have mastery in who knows how many martial arts, including one that was considered so far above any other fighting style that like 50 years after it was invented it was considered cutting edge and beyond any other martial form (And that was just a shit imitation of it, that was actively so insulting that Snake subconsciously started to use the real thing out of spite).

She isn't dealing with a mook with a 10x speed gap, she's dealing with a dude who like hyper upscales above skill gods. Hell in MGR a literal supercomputer that can analyze and decide the best course of action, analyze something to find weakpoints, and the best place to attack is a joke.
He may not consciously use it differently but having a blade that cuts through anything else is going to inherently mean there is an unconscious difference in how he uses it.
Actually, in context of the verse, most of the shit he uses it on resist the effect (Like, other HF blades, so basically every sword duel he'd ever get into, or cyborgs to an extent, aka every foe he'd get into a fight with, etc), so to him, he's just swinging it like it's a normal ******* sword, maybe a sword beam here and there if he gets thrifty.

Are we really saying she can deal with a 10x speed gap, (with AOE too, let's not forget that) because she's skilled? While ignoring Sam humiliates dudes who are like two dozen skill ***** above where the worst of the worst have an analytical prediction bordering on precog (Including some who actually do have precog), enhanced senses, the ability to copy shit at a glance, know what the foe will do before they do it based on minute movements like muscle twitching/changes in the atmosphere/r just out predicting, and have mastery in who knows how many martial arts, including one that was considered so far above any other fighting style that like 50 years after it was invented it was considered cutting edge and beyond any other martial form (And that was just a shit imitation of it, that was actively so insulting that Snake subconsciously started to use the real thing out of spite).

She isn't dealing with a mook with a 10x speed gap, she's dealing with a dude who like hyper upscales above skill gods. Hell in MGR a literal supercomputer that can analyze and decide the best course of action, analyze something to find weakpoints, and the best place to attack is a joke.
I don't really have anything to say other than that you bring up really good points. I still think Theresia is more skilled based on what you've said but it would probably be impossible to overcome the 10x speed gap with such a skilled opponent.
Actually, in context of the verse, most of the shit he uses it on resist the effect (Like, other HF blades, so basically every sword duel he'd ever get into, or cyborgs to an extent, aka every foe he'd get into a fight with, etc), so to him, he's just swinging it like it's a normal ******* sword, maybe a sword beam here and there if he gets thrifty.
I was under the impression that those cases would be a little more rare but if it really is almost every time he uses the sword then you're right.

I don't really have anything to say other than that you bring up really good points. I still think Theresia is more skilled based on what you've said but it would probably be impossible to overcome the 10x speed gap with such a skilled opponent.

I was under the impression that those cases would be a little more rare but if it really is almost every time he uses the sword then you're right.
I mean, it's not a 10X speed gap, it's just an attack speed amp he spams the **** out of with like 20 meter dashes. And it's two blitzes 10x on top of that seeing as Armstrong's nanomachines blitz Ripper Mode Blade Mode Raiden and Sam's Laido blitzes the Nanomachines.

Cyborg fibers resist it yeah

Wait I might only be thinking of Raiden's, but doesn't Blade Mode only provide a 2x speed boost unless the enemy has been weakened, at which point the boost will be 10x? Does Sam's work differently?

Wait I might only be thinking of Raiden's, but doesn't Blade Mode only provide a 2x speed boost unless the enemy has been weakened, at which point the boost will be 10x? Does Sam's work differently?
Sam doesn't spam Blade Mode. Laido is the over 10x boost he spams.

Ripper Mode + Blade Mode is a 10x boost. Read Raiden's profile.

Given that he can only use iaido with his sword sheathed, rather than just being fully 10x faster, I actually think that Theresia would be less overwhelmed especially due to still having boosted perception/reaction speed, instant IA, and analytical precog. It's close though.

still having boosted perception/reaction speed, instant IA, and analytical precog. It's close though.
Sam has all that too, or made fun of someone who does (Raiden for example, has all of that) though?
He also made fun of someone who resists Analytical precog

If that's the case then his profile isn't very representative of what he's capable of, then. There is no reference to analytical precog or IA on Sam or Raiden's profiles, so it's really only your word I have to go off of at the moment.

You right, thus, read below my name (even though it's more like day 400 now)
also im pretty sure the AP shit is listed, and IA is explained as well, and speed boosting is extensively too
but hell. Just wait till ya find out that Raiden's training involved fighting a simulation of a dude with literal precog, retrocognition, mind reading, enhanced senses, teleportation and with fox training, that he uses simultaneously all at once

I am inclined to believe you of course, and it sounds very impressive with how you've described it, it's just that A-Precog & IA isn't mentioned at all so I have no idea how to compare it to the IA and A-Precog of Theresia.

Back