• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who can survive Boa Hancock's Mero Mero no Mi

Grudgeman1706

VS Battles
Retired
One idea I've always wanted opinions from other people was, who from other fictional verses can survive Boas devil fruit. Luffy was able to survive it because if his well because he does not show lust or desire for her and is considered pure of heart. But the real question is who else can survive it outside of one piece.

Rules: You must give a small explanation on why this character can survive her fruits powers.

And their must be an interesting reason on why they can resist it, no characters that are immune because either A: their homosexual, B: they are physically incapable of love or lust. Robots that can't feel human emotion or even lust at humans. Aliens that don't have emotions.

Pick characters that can feel emotions like lust and love. And tell me why they can resist boas power.

otherwise go nuts

I'd really like to hear from what you guys have to say

Also, I recall females falling for Boa Hancock so i dont think being homosexual will help.

Anyhow, would Batman count? He is regularly able to shrug off Poison Ivy's charms as far as I know, so he'd probably count.

Luffy wasn't affected because he doesn't have any lust desire for Boa. Not because he is "ignorant".

KamiYasha said:
Luffy wasn't affected because he doesn't have any lust desire for Boa. Not because he is "ignorant".
Oops sorry, I wrote that because throughout his adventure I've never seen him show any interest in women, I'll change it though, got any characters you know who can survive or resist her powers.

Battlemania said:
Zebura...damn monster with no boner.
Is he capable of love or lust, I made it specific so it's not too obvious.

Edit: lol sorry I thought you meant someone other character, if Zebra from toriko is what you said then yah that makes total sense.

Goku, Gohan, Goten, and Chi-Chi are all pure of heart (given that they're able to ride the Flying Nimbus) so they'd presumably be immune.

@prom wouldn't goten be affected he would have the dirty thoughts in his head, unless your referring to kid goten

Fllflourine said:
Also, I recall females falling for Boa Hancock so i dont think being homosexual will help.
Well according to the profile her ability cannot effect those lacking attraction towards her. And that seems to be the exact reason Luffy was immune. It seems more likely (at least based off the information given here) that those women already had some attraction towards her rather than her manipulating their minds and emotions. I think homosexuals should still be immune to it, but as Grudge said that doesn't count.

So my submission will be Marble Alie. You can't be attracted to something you're too big to see lol

Even if Goku could lust for Boa which I'm sure he can't, I think his fear of Chi Chi finding out would completely negate that lol

I guess the obvious answer would be robots (well, except for maybe Bender), or Aliens who find Humans to be repulsive.

I think if Ragyo knew about Boa beforehand and how her powers work she could stop it. As she is able to remove emotions from her own brain such as love, compassion, empathy, symathy, humanity, maternal instincs, etc. However in a standard fight I think she'd be screwed due to how disgustingly perverted she is.

Guys I said nothing that's incapable of emotion, make it interesting, like I say the punisher could possibly resist boa. No robots or aliens that can't feel emotions

Daredevil for obvious reasons. Maybe Golden and Silver Age Superman for the same reasons as Goku. Possibly Post-Crisis too. N52 is too edgy.

Onii-sama unless Boa can make herself look like imouto.

Uchiha Sasuke unless Boa can make herself look like Naruto.

Uchiha Itachi unless Boa can make herself look like Sasuke.

Goku unless Boa can make herself look like a really strong opponent.

Natsuki Subaru unless Boa can make herself look like Emilia.

Rem unless Boa can make herself look like Subaru.

Rune King Thor is nigh-omniscient. He just doesn't give a fluck.

Hei unless Boa can make herself look like Yin, even then, he'd be all cool and ninja around his love for her.

Yuki Nagato unless Boa can make herself look like Kyon.

Sai just because.

Eren Yeager unless Boa can make herself look like a titan.

Mikasa Ackerman unless Boa can make herself look like Eren.

Levi Ackerman unless Boa can make herself look like cleaning supplies.

Berserker because he's crazy.

Archer unless Boa can make herself look like a sword.

Assassin (Sasaki) unless Boa can make herself look like, act and fight like Saber, even then it's debatable.

Nara Shikamaru because he doesn't give a cluck.

Saber unless Boa can make herself look like Shirou.

People who die outright before it even finishes casting are Hyoudou Issei, Rudeus Greyrat, Hiraga Saito and Jiraiya to name a few.

i guess any char who has petrification-immunity will be immune to the stone-aspect

and any char who doesnt give a fu about the other gender, maybe Gon from HxH, and in the same line i would mention accelerator from toaru alongside sasuke from Naruto...

maybe also people who are simply to dense in order to feel anything like Oga from beezlebub :/

Well, all the Saint Seiya cast is out for obvious reasons.

Seiya - Seika, Saori or Marin Shiryu - Shunrei Hyoga - His mother Shun - That girl from androma island or Ikki Ikki - Esmeralda

A wraith in the Wraith Arc manga tried that on Homura

Homura resisted temptation like a pro

Back